2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Its quite amazing the talent we've built on this roster. We have arguably 4 players who are the best at their position (Juice, Kittle, Williams, Warner). A couple of players who could be near elite next year (Aiyuk, Bosa). Some good starters like Mostert, Samuel, Tomlinson, Mack (when he signs), Armstead, Greenlaw, & Ward. 

Still have to shore up some depth but thats what the draft is for. And if we can somehow get Watson? Oh my 

As for Aiyuk, reason i put him in the near elite category is both because of his play & the below...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I still don't want to say goodbye to Bosa. Just throw first round picks at the Texans. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He has to go unfortunately. We can't pay everyone and he will be gone anyways in a few years if we trade for Watson. This is the only way the trade will happen. 

47 minutes ago, N4L said:

We can afford to pay Watson, Bosa, Warner and still have enough to surround them with other talent

Bosa warner and watson are three guys who are top 2-3 in their position in the NFL. 

Those are guys that you would restructure year after year to continue to push their cap hits out into the future and not think twice about it 

There are ways you can fit guys in.  The cap increases are going to be massive.  You can't keep everyone, however, and have a deep squad.  

The bigger issue - CAR will offer either Brown or Burns.   DEN almost certainly would offer Chubb.   Both Denver & Carolina beat SF in pick value.    The only guy who's going to get SF in the lead is Bosa IMO.   No one else will move the needle.  Don't ask me why Chubb's even in the same convo as the CAR guys, but it's also safe to say no one else on your D moves the needle for Houston.   

You probably could give 2 1sts and Bosa TBH.  But there's no pick package SF can offer of picks alone that's beating CAR/DEN.   That's the problem.   

Best of luck,

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There are ways you can fit guys in.  The cap increases are going to be massive.  You can't keep everyone, however, and have a deep squad.  

The bigger issue - CAR will offer either Brown or Burns.   DEN almost certainly would offer Chubb.   Both Denver & Carolina beat SF in pick value.    The only guy who's going to get SF in the lead is Bosa IMO.   No one else will move the needle.  Don't ask me why Chubb's even in the same convo as the CAR guys, but it's also safe to say no one else on your D moves the needle for Houston.   

You probably could give 2 1sts and Bosa TBH.  But there's no pick package SF can offer of picks alone that's beating CAR/DEN.   That's the problem.   

Best of luck,

Bingo! Trust me, I've been mentioning Bosa for that trade package from the day it came out that Watson wants to get traded. Simply put, can't compete with other teams in terms of trade compensation and Watson isn't only saying keen on coming to SF as he is fine going to other teams as well. 

I think the team eventually decides to include Bosa to get Watson in return. The offense would be ridiculously good, KC level of good....Well, that is the dream at least lol. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bingo! Trust me, I've been mentioning Bosa for that trade package from the day it came out that Watson wants to get traded. Simply put, can't compete with other teams in terms of trade compensation and Watson isn't only saying keen on coming to SF as he is fine going to other teams as well. 

I think the team eventually decides to include Bosa to get Watson in return. The offense would be ridiculously good, KC level of good....Well, that is the dream at least lol. 

While I no doubt think Watson would transform this offense, I would still rather roll with Jimmy than give up Bosa and future 1's, simply because we have already proven that we can make it to the SB with Jimmy and Bosa on the team.

I just dont think the juice will be worth the squeeze on this one. Jimmy and what we have on offense is still exciting, but our defense without Bosa....lackluster at this point. We would have little to NO pass rush, which would then hurt our DB's. We dont have the talent to make up for it on defense at this point. Bosa make all the difference on our current defense.

I just dont see it happening if Bosa were to be included

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Anyone can call first rounders, can you call a 7th rounder though???????????

I'd argue that guessing a 49er 1st rounder is harder. 

However.....BJ Daniels and Phillip Adams were the only 7th rounders I can remember guessing right. I guessed Driskel, but he was a 6th. 

51 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

While I no doubt think Watson would transform this offense, I would still rather roll with Jimmy than give up Bosa and future 1's, simply because we have already proven that we can make it to the SB with Jimmy and Bosa on the team.

I just dont think the juice will be worth the squeeze on this one. Jimmy and what we have on offense is still exciting, but our defense without Bosa....lackluster at this point. We would have little to NO pass rush, which would then hurt our DB's. We dont have the talent to make up for it on defense at this point. Bosa make all the difference on our current defense.

I just dont see it happening if Bosa were to be included

This logic is slightly faulty. One, it's not a two man show. That 2019 team showed that they could make it to the super bowl with Jimmy and Bosa. This team hasn't shown that at all. That team had an all pro season from Sherm and Buckner, probably a career season from AA (you could have argued he deserved an all pro nod before Buckner), etc etc etc. 

I see that as the common refrain on twitter a lot...but you can't just run it back like that. Everything is different. Other teams are different. The schedule is different. Players are different. 2019's super bowl trip has nothing to do with where the team currently is and what it can do with Jimmy / Bosa. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

This logic is slightly faulty. One, it's not a two man show. That 2019 team showed that they could make it to the super bowl with Jimmy and Bosa. This team hasn't shown that at all. That team had an all pro season from Sherm and Buckner, probably a career season from AA (you could have argued he deserved an all pro nod before Buckner), etc etc etc. 

I see that as the common refrain on twitter a lot...but you can't just run it back like that. Everything is different. Other teams are different. The schedule is different. Players are different. 2019's super bowl trip has nothing to do with where the team currently is and what it can do with Jimmy / Bosa. 

I agree with you, and all we can do is look at what we have on paper at this point. I am looking at a defense that lacked a true passrusher for a few years since Bosa entered the scene, and we saw what lack of pass-rush did to our defense. Also, Bosa has only played one year and got injured, but I think it's a safe bet that he will come back and be a monster. Other than that, losing Tartt, Sherman, D.J Jones, Hyder, Spoon and not upgrading any of those(though the draft is still coming)...you gotta think our defense may take a step back as is...and thats with Bosa healthy.

On offense, locking up Mack and Williams, on paper we should have a better o-line than we did in 2019. Our offense looks just as potent as it did that year and we really have lost nothing...maybe even taken a step forward.

I understand that we didnt get to the SB because of two players, but I do think that getting rid of Bosa gets rid of a balance of offense and defense....a balance that I dont think Watson can make up for.

Edited by P_locniners

14 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I agree with you, and all we can do is look at what we have on paper at this point. I am looking at a defense that lacked a true passrusher for a few years since Bosa entered the scene, and we saw what lack of pass-rush did to our defense. Also, Bosa has only played one year and got injured, but I think it's a safe bet that he will come back and be a monster. Other than that, losing Tartt, Sherman, D.J Jones, Hyder, Spoon and not upgrading any of those(though the draft is still coming)...you gotta think our defense may take a step back as is...and thats with Bosa healthy.

On offense, locking up Mack and Williams, on paper we should have a better o-line than we did in 2019. Our offense looks just as potent as it did that year and we really have lost nothing...maybe even taken a step forward.

I understand that we didnt get to the SB because of two players, but I do think that getting rid of Bosa gets rid of a balance of offense and defense....a balance that I dont think Watson can make up for.

Yeah, I wouldn't argue if someone would rather take their chances with Jimmy + Bosa + picks. I have just always hated the argument that because we did it in 2019 that we can do it now lol. Just a pet peeve of mine. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I wouldn't argue if someone would rather take their chances with Jimmy + Bosa + picks. I have just always hated the argument that because we did it in 2019 that we can do it now lol. Just a pet peeve of mine. 

Yep, should have just stated initially that, with a solid team, The Niners have shown that Jimmy has the ability to get to the SB.