2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually mentioned that in the morning as well. With the types of contracts we have and will be giving out soon, a cheap rookie deal QB is usually the way to go. Obviously if you can get Watson then you do that. But otherwise that's really the only you can realistically keep everyone. 

And if the plan is to roll with a rookie from day one then I'll vote for fields.

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Little bit surprised by that, thought he'd be too expensive.

I thought so too during the season, but we made more cap room and I can see why his injuries may have cratered his value in this market. I could see Tartt coming back as well. I think this market really hurt guys like that. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I thought so too during the season, but we made more cap room and I can see why his injuries may have cratered his value in this market. I could see Tartt coming back as well. I think this market really hurt guys like that. 

Again, would love for Tartt to come back but I think the team likes the idea of Moore playing more single high and FS and letting Ward play closer to the LOS. Can't do that with Tartt. 

Really nice on bringing back Jones. One more edge rusher like Hyder away from having a top notch DL again. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Again, would love for Tartt to come back but I think the team likes the idea of Moore playing more single high and FS and letting Ward play closer to the LOS. Can't do that with Tartt. 

Really nice on bringing back Jones. One more edge rusher like Hyder away from having a top notch DL again. 

I don't know what defense Ryans wants to run. I know that you are aware, but I wonder if people know how much we ran quarters the last two years rather than a traditional single high cover 3. Lots of two high. I could really see Ryans going any which way. Single high would certainly be best for Moore...cut down on those god awful angles he takes downhill sometimes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know what defense Ryans wants to run. I know that you are aware, but I wonder if people know how much we ran quarters the last two years rather than a traditional single high cover 3. Lots of two high. I could really see Ryans going any which way. Single high would certainly be best for Moore...cut down on those god awful angles he takes downhill sometimes. 

We did run a lot of quarters but also on 3rd downs had Moore playing single high quite a bit, especially late in the season. That's the duo I feel they want going forward. But I mean they can make it work with all three safeties. Can bring Ward up in the slot while Moore/Tartt play the safety spots. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalNiner said:

I hope he kills it over there. He was a class act through and through, it just wasn't a fit with us. 

Man...what could have been with that draft class, we whiffed that 1st round hard.

Well they hired Bradley this offseason so he basically goes to a very comparable scheme. Just drafted way too early for the player he is. Class act and great guy that went through alot but simply not good enough to beat out guys like Buckner and Armstead and not the guy we thought we would get when we drafted him.

• Like 2