2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

15 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Did we do any deals with voidable years this offseason?

All deals are voidable in some capacity.

You could argue that there is zero intention for the team to get to Juice's fifth year and Williams' sixth. So those are technically voidable years... Not in the same way Taysom Hill's contract is most likely voidable (or, who knows, if he throws for 40 TDs and runs for 15, maybe the saints will be happy to have him signed to a 35m per year contract). I feel like "voidable years" is the new trendy term in the NFL, just because of the way teams are now exploiting it to minimize cap hits in a year of salary cap crunch. When the cap goes up again, I bet you'll see fewer of these, since it's not always the best idea to push dead money into the future, and keep paying for players who aren't even on the roster anymore. It's just the kind of salary cap gymnastics GMs were forced into. And if there's one thing I know about being forced into gymnastics, it's that you can be sore for a while afterwards.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

3 firsts, a second, bosa + Greenlaw or kinlaw + maybe something else? Has to be in that market given the offer on Wilson

If you give up Bosa, don't think another player is needed. But I'm not going to really waste any energy on this until we get more details/information on his case. 

Off topic, but have the Jets signed any of our free agents yet? I really can't recall and obviously things can change with Hyder/Tartt/Williams/Sherman still available. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't think so

Hilarious how before free agency the Jets were supposed to sign like four or five of our guys. And again, may happen as most are still free agents. 

Overall I think the Jets have done well in free agency. Will get a QB at #2 and then likely the best edge/CB at #23. 

If im the 49ers, I would only give up draft picks. I would not give up any young players especially those under the rookie contract. The only players I wouldn't mind seeing trade along with the draft picks would be Garoppolo and Dee Ford. 

Watson FTW!!!!!!!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Forge said:

3 firsts, a second, bosa + Greenlaw or kinlaw + maybe something else? Has to be in that market given the offer on Wilson

If you asked me if I'd trade Bosa for two first rounders, I'd say no without hesitation. So, to me, Bosa is worth way more than two firsts. Giving away Bosa and three first rounders is a big no-no for me, even if Watson is as franchise as franchise QBs come. If you told me Bosa and two seconds for Watson, I'd consider that fair value. But 3 firsts, a second, and three players+? There's just no way. We're more likely to win a superbowl with Bosa and Jimmy G than we are with Watson and a D in reconstruction, in my opinion.

Also, the Texans are in a corner. I seriously believe they're not going to get optimal compensation for Watson.

• Like 2