2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Love this. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm a big proponent of yoga and I believe that all athletes should make use of it. 

I'm going to second this and say everyone should be doing some form of yoga/light stretching. I worked manual labor for 7 years (Grip and camera op in the film industry) which is extremely physically laborious and I feel lit now at 32. Started doing Yoga in the last two months and it's literally the best my body has felt in like 4 or 5 years. 

I think LeBron James also said (at some point?) a good portion of his training is plyometrics and yoga. Ton of other MMA guys are all about it too. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, John232 said:

I'm going to second this and say everyone should be doing some form of yoga/light stretching. I worked manual labor for 7 years (Grip and camera op in the film industry) which is extremely physically laborious and I feel lit now at 32. Started doing Yoga in the last two months and it's literally the best my body has felt in like 4 or 5 years. 

I think LeBron James also said (at some point?) a good portion of his training is plyometrics and yoga. Ton of other MMA guys are all about it too. 

I got into it about 10 years ago when I dropped a lot of weight and wanted to get super fit and it can be absolutely amazing. I've fallen out of it way more than I should have, though I did take advantage of a yoga class in australia when I was there that was done overlooking the water which was one of the coolest things I've done in that regard. 

Also, there are very few things that feel as good as laying in corpse pose after an arduous 70 minute yoga workout. 

Just now, Forge said:

I got into it about 10 years ago when I dropped a lot of weight and wanted to get super fit and it can be absolutely amazing. I've fallen out of it way more than I should have, though I did take advantage of a yoga class in australia when I was there that was done overlooking the water which was one of the coolest things I've done in that regard. 

Also, there are very few things that feel as good as laying in corpse pose after an arduous 70 minute yoga workout. 

I am not even close to that level yet, but this is the most consistently i've stuck with a physical regiment iin the last 10 years. Back when I was single and miserable, i was running 3 miles a day plus the job so I was nice and beautiful. Got that tech job and office space and that went out the window fast. But I'm really digging it so far, once my wife and I move and things open up, I want to start going to an actual studio. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I am not even close to that level yet, but this is the most consistently i've stuck with a physical regiment iin the last 10 years. Back when I was single and miserable, i was running 3 miles a day plus the job so I was nice and beautiful. Got that tech job and office space and that went out the window fast. But I'm really digging it so far, once my wife and I move and things open up, I want to start going to an actual studio. 

lol that's exactly where I am, so I feel your pain. Got way out of shape when the settling down started. Decided I had enough of that and started getting back into it. So much easier when you're younger and single and you just have time to do it all.  I started running back up not too long ago and try to get in about 4-8 miles per day. The yoga has been very hit or miss (mainly because I've been doing other workouts which is a habit I need to break) unfortunately. I figure it'll still be the end of the year before I'm back into a really good rotation and feeling really good. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, John232 said:

Deebo needs to start doing more of that himself with all his hammy issues. 

• Like 1

Looks like SF brought in Nathan Gerry for a visit. He would be a good depth/ST signing. Our LB depth is weak right now and he would be an upgrade over what we currently have. Related to that, I know Marcel Harris practiced with the LBs late in the season (according to Barrows) and I wonder if he won't move there full time now that Tartt returned and Wilson signed.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Looks like SF brought in Nathan Gerry for a visit. He would be a good depth/ST signing. Our LB depth is weak right now and he would be an upgrade over what we currently have. Related to that, I know Marcel Harris practiced with the LBs late in the season (according to Barrows) and I wonder if he won't move there full time now that Tartt returned and Wilson signed.

I've been banging that Harris --> LB drum for a while as well. Think it makes all the sense in the world as it removes two of his greatest flaws - deep coverage and coming downhill out of control (technically he can still do that from an LB spot, but that's more likely to be in the backfield with more guys behind him than it is 5 yards from the LOS and if he misses its a huge gain) 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Way to cash in. He took basically vet min deals the last two years to get that money. Well earned. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This sounds like something I could handle. 

• Like 1