2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is the smart move. Have too many big contracts not to go with a rookie QB.

Jimmy to NE for a 2nd rounder.

I don't see it, IMO. I think Jimmy is the day 1 starter. We're squarely in the middle of a playoff contention and we could definitely win the division this year. I wouldn't risk that on a rookie QB. Let Jimmy lead us to the playoffs again and trade him next offseason when a 2nd or a 3rd is more realistic. His trade value is at it's lowest right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I don't see it, IMO. I think Jimmy is the day 1 starter. We're squarely in the middle of a playoff contention and we could definitely win the division this year. I wouldn't risk that on a rookie QB. Let Jimmy lead us to the playoffs again and trade him next offseason when a 2nd or a 3rd is more realistic. His trade value is at it's lowest right now.

They aren't starting a rookie with this roster. Jimmy is the starter this year, unless he gets hurt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gridirongorilla said:

Why did they make this trade to number three now why not closer to the draft?

The niners were trying to trade with the dolphins, falcons, and bengals. The eagles were also trying to move up to 3 and the panthers were expected to make a push for a top 5 pick soon. The niners just stepped out in front of those teams before they could swoop in.