2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Gota say, this has been a heck of an offseason so far

-Kept Adam Peters

-Had a succession plan for Saleh/assistant coaches leaving 

-Re-signed Trent Williams to a LTD

-Kept a core of solid players like Juice, Moseley, Verrett, Tartt, K'Waun, Jones

-Sign an anchor in Mack & an upside rusher in Ebukam

-Make a mega trade for Shanny's hand picked QB

-Still have the rest of our draft picks this year to address needs and/or use as trade opportunities to recoup the future 1st's lost

Our cap space is good, our roster is good, we've got ample opportunities to add to it still, and we're no longer in QB purgatory. Other than a few minor quibbles (not getting a backup QB to our rookie like a Trubisky, not re-signing Hyder) i gota say its been a homerun of an offseason so far

• Like 4

I am super late on this but I see the Seahawks have re-signed Dunalp. I get the Wilson trade rumors that are persisting, but they have quietly had a very solid offseason. Lawson, Spoon, Hyder and Jackson? Not bad at all. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I am super late on this but I see the Seahawks have re-signed Lawson. I get the Wilson trade rumors that are persisting, but they have quietly had a very solid offseason. Lawson, Spoon, Hyder and Jackson? Not bad at all. 

Lawson??? You mean Dunlap?

And I'm not as impressed. Swapping Spoon for Griffin is a downgrade based on previous performance. Hyder was a good get. Jackson should help their O-Line but they still have major holes there. Resigning Carson doesn't really move the needle for me there. Dunlap is a solid peice but they need much more. I not too concerned with them at this point but things could change during and after the draft.

24 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Lawson??? You mean Dunlap?

And I'm not as impressed. Swapping Spoon for Griffin is a downgrade based on previous performance. Hyder was a good get. Jackson should help their O-Line but they still have major holes there. Resigning Carson doesn't really move the needle for me there. Dunlap is a solid peice but they need much more. I not too concerned with them at this point but things could change during and after the draft.

Yes, sorry Dunlap not Lawson. 

Spoon at one-third of Griffin's price is great value. I bet they have comparable seasons or Spoon is even a bit better.

Dunlap was good for the Seahawks and then they added Hyder on a very good deal.

The Seahawks OL last year wasn't nearly as bad as people think but Jackson is one of the best pass protecting guards in the game. He didn't allow a single sack last season and allowed only two hits. You don't think that instantly makes the OL better? 

They certainly didn't get worse this offseason, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, sorry Dunlap not Lawson. 

Spoon at one-third of Griffin's price is great value. I bet they have comparable seasons or Spoon is even a bit better.

Dunlap was good for the Seahawks and then they added Hyder on a very good deal.

The Seahawks OL last year wasn't nearly as bad as people think but Jackson is one of the best pass protecting guards in the game. He didn't allow a single sack last season and allowed only two hits. You don't think that instantly makes the OL better? 

They certainly didn't get worse this offseason, that's for sure. 

Staying pat doesn't necessarily make you better. It's a case by case thing. If you're a SB winning team, staying pat could be a good thing. If you're a middle of the pack playoff team, staying pat probably means you're going backwards. 

Spoon hasn't been a consistent player in the league thus far. Banking on him to be a high-level starter is wishful thinking if we're being honest. The potential is absolutely there but it'd be foolish to bank on it if we're being objective. 

Jackson is a an upgrade no doubt, but he's one player on a line that lacks any real talent. Brown is not the same OT he was in Houston and they're relying on unheralded younger players at other spots, hoping that they'll step up and improve. 

Hyder should be great for them. He'll be able to start and should have a impactful role. Can't argue that signing. Do I believe him and Dunlap are enough?? Not even.

I just don't see enough of an improvement, roster wise. Not enough impactful moves to make me believe this has been a successful off season thus far for them. 

And this isn't my Niner fandom talking either. I have no problem admitting the Lambs and Cards got better. I think both those teams have improved their team overall with the moves they have made. Can't say that right now about the Hawks.

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Staying pat doesn't necessarily make you better. It's a case by case thing. If you're a SB winning team, staying pat could be a good thing. If you're a middle of the pack playoff team, staying pat probably means you're going backwards. 

Spoon hasn't been a consistent player in the league thus far. Banking on him to be a high-level starter is wishful thinking if we're being honest. The potential is absolutely there but it'd be foolish to bank on it if we're being objective. 

Jackson is a an upgrade no doubt, but he's one player on a line that lacks any real talent. Brown is not the same OT he was in Houston and they're relying on unheralded younger players at other spots, hoping that they'll step up and improve. 

Hyder should be great for them. He'll be able to start and should have a impactful role. Can't argue that signing. Do I believe him and Dunlap are enough?? Not even.

I just don't see enough of an improvement, roster wise. Not enough impactful moves to make me believe this has been a successful off season thus far for them. 

And this isn't my Niner fandom talking either. I have no problem admitting the Lambs and Cards got better. I think both those teams have improved their team overall with the moves they have made. Can't say that right now about the Hawks.

How good is Griffin though? This isn't a top cornerback in the league or anything. I mean sure, it is foolish to think Spoon will be great every week like he was at the end of the season. But perfectly reasonable to think he carries over his late season play into next season. It clicks for players at different part of their careers. Maybe he needed to be humbled the way he was to change his projection.

Brown is still very good. And I think people think the OL was much worse than what it was. Wilson was a big reason for some of those sacks later in the season. With Jackson, that OL is pretty damn rock solid. And they can even add to it in the draft.

The Seahawks won 12 games last season. How much better did they need to get? Do you think they got worse or anything with the moves they made? 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Camp body and someone the young players really respect. Barrows wrote that Aiyuk was upset when Sanu got let go since he took him under his wings and was helping him on the sidelines after every possession. Sanu was to Aiyuk what Sanders was for Deebo in his rookie season. But I honestly doubt he makes the team. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Camp body and someone the young players really respect. Barrows wrote that Aiyuk was upset when Sanu got let go since he took him under his wings and was helping him on the sidelines after every possession. Sanu was to Aiyuk what Sanders was for Deebo in his rookie season. But I honestly doubt he makes the team. 

Oh, thats good info. Wasn't aware of that