2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How good is Griffin though? This isn't a top cornerback in the league or anything. I mean sure, it is foolish to think Spoon will be great every week like he was at the end of the season. But perfectly reasonable to think he carries over his late season play into next season. It clicks for players at different part of their careers. Maybe he needed to be humbled the way he was to change his projection.

Brown is still very good. And I think people think the OL was much worse than what it was. Wilson was a big reason for some of those sacks later in the season. With Jackson, that OL is pretty damn rock solid. And they can even add to it in the draft.

The Seahawks won 12 games last season. How much better did they need to get? Do you think they got worse or anything with the moves they made? 

It's not about getting worst, as it is everyone else in your division improving, so by default, you are worst.

Its about roster construction. Sometimes you need to tweak your roster & add peices. Not a complete overhaul but understand where you're weak and strengthen. 

Swapping Griffin with Spoon at its best is a slight downgrade. Griffin isn't a world beater but there's a reason one guy got paid and the other guy got a prove it deal. The spot opposite Spoon will be a bit of a question as well.

Everett is a decent pickup but it's not significant enough imo. Everett and another capable TE2 would have been better and improved their depth imo.

Jackson is a definte upgrade. Anything that helps protect Wilson is a plus. Brown is a solid LT. That side of their line is a rock. The other side is one big ? right now. Lewis@RG is a young player with some potential but he struggled as a rookie. Not sure what their plan is@C & RT. 

Carson resigning is cool I guess.... doesn't really move the needle either way for me. WRs are all back so that's fine 

D-Line gained Hyder and re-signed Dunlap so that's a win for them. But losing Reed is a lost. Not that he's some Pro Bowl type of talent but he was above average for them. Hyder doesn't fill that role for them so who will?

I like Brooks@OLB. Think he'll be good for them, sooner rather than later. But they still haven't resigned Wright yet and Wagner, tho still good, is slowing down. 

So while they've made some improvements, it isn't enough to keep up in the NFC West arms race imo. They've mostly stayed pat. In a normal year coming off of 12 wins, staying pat might work. I just don't believe it will be enough this year.

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

It's not about getting worst, as it is everyone else in your division improving, so by default, you are worst.

Its about roster construction. Sometimes you need to tweak your roster & add peices. Not a complete overhaul but understand where you're weak and strengthen. 

Swapping Griffin with Spoon at its best is a slight downgrade. Griffin isn't a world beater but there's a reason one guy got paid and the other guy got a prove it deal. The spot opposite Spoon will be a bit of a question as well.

Everett is a decent pickup but it's not significant enough imo. Everett and another capable TE2 would have been better and improved their depth imo.

Jackson is a definte upgrade. Anything that helps protect Wilson is a plus. Brown is a solid LT. That side of their line is a rock. The other side is one big ? right now. Lewis@RG is a young player with some potential but he struggled as a rookie. Not sure what their plan is@C & RT. 

Carson resigning is cool I guess.... doesn't really move the needle either way for me. WRs are all back so that's fine 

D-Line gained Hyder and re-signed Dunlap so that's a win for them. But losing Reed is a lost. Not that he's some Pro Bowl type of talent but he was above average for them. Hyder doesn't fill that role for them so who will?

I like Brooks@OLB. Think he'll be good for them, sooner rather than later. But they still haven't resigned Wright yet and Wagner, tho still good, is slowing down. 

So while they've made some improvements, it isn't enough to keep up in the NFC West arms race imo. They've mostly stayed pat. In a normal year coming off of 12 wins, staying pat might work. I just don't believe it will be enough this year.

But that's the thing, they have not gotten worse. While the other teams may have gotten better, they didn't need to make any significant changes. They still can add in the draft.

Again, Griffin has been more consistent but he's also been coached by the DB guru in Carroll and the crew. You don't think that helps? Look at how well DJ Reed played with the Seahawks. When it is all said and done, I don't think the team will be disappointed in losing Griffin and replacing him with someone who cost a third of the price.

They re-signed the guys they needed to and added some nice value signings. To me, that is a good free agency period. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

He's currently our second best QB, after Jimmy. So, March 27th depth chart is : Jimmy G, Sanu, Joshes. Opening day depth chart... ?? I want Minshew, Rookie, Joshes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not a verified source but wouldn't it be hilarious if we acquired the #3 pick only to package it with Jimmy to Houston for Watson? If Watson is found innocent?

And that would still be less than the proposed trades involving Bosa...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I like it

Oh man, I would absolutely love this!! Best of both worlds 

I still am hoping that my prediction during our podcast that its "100% that Garoppolo is not on our team at his current salary in 2021" will come true

In hindsight, should have never gone to the full 100% lol