2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Oh man, I would absolutely love this!! Best of both worlds 

I still am hoping that my prediction during our podcast that its "100% that Garoppolo is not on our team at his current salary in 2021" will come true

In hindsight, should have never gone to the full 100% lol 

This is the only thing that makes sense with keeping Jimmy for this year. Jimmy buys his free agency in 2022 by reducing his salary, but in turns get more guaranteed for 2021, and we can start rolling over whatever we've saved this year onto next year to help paying for future contracts.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I Listened to this on Saturday, I think. Found it pretty interesting for the pod in it's entirety 

Not to repeat myself, well I am going to do it anyways...But this a big part of why I think his team may request a trade. Why stay for a lame duck year when the organization allowed rumor after rumor to hit the national scene and have taken shots at Jimmy all this time. Usually teams care about the starting QBs psyche, but this team doesn't give a damn about how Jimmy feels lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I Listened to this on Saturday, I think. Found it pretty interesting for the pod in it's entirety 

Yea I've said before that it makes absolute sense to keep Jimmy this year. But they should expect him to not be a happy camper and he may want force his way out.

We should have vet back-up plan to help prop up our rookie QB. I'm now realizing why they wanted Flaaco. If you move Jimmy, you still have that vet there to help the rook.

And not to anyone's surprise, but Barrows said Garoppolo and his team thought the team rushed him back the first time before he was fully healed and that was clear to see. Mullens' pathetic performance against the Eagles was a big factor for that but there is no way in hell Jimmy should have been back that soon. After that, it was pretty much guaranteed he wasn't going to rush back after the second high ankle sprain unless the team had a chance to make a postseason run. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not to repeat myself, well I am going to do it anyways...But this a big part of why I think his team may request a trade. Why stay for a lame duck year when the organization allowed rumor after rumor to hit the national scene and have taken shots at Jimmy all this time. Usually teams care about the starting QBs psyche, but this team doesn't give a damn about how Jimmy feels lol.

Only reason would be if he though they can win a ring.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Only reason would be if he though they can win a ring.

He probably doesn't care tbh. Why help a team win a SB that doesn't want you and put rumors out about his injury and how much disrespect he's received. Now, you can say it is a business which is true, but that's not how Jimmy will look at it or his team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He probably doesn't care tbh. Why help a team win a SB that doesn't want you and put rumors out about his injury and how much disrespect he's received. Now, you can say it is a business which is true, but that's not how Jimmy will look at it or his team. 

I get that from an emotional, personal stand point. But, Jimmy is being viewed as a has-been already and if he chooses to stay with the Niners for one more year and take the team into a deep playoff run, it would boost his value up a lot, which benefits both sides, even if they don't necessarily like each other much anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I get that from an emotional, personal stand point. But, Jimmy is being viewed as a has-been already and if he chooses to stay with the Niners for one more year and take the team into a deep playoff run, it would boost his value up a lot, which benefits both sides, even if they don't necessarily like each other much anymore.

Why does he care about HIS value? Remember this is the lone year he has a no trade clause. If Pats still rate him highly, then why does he need to improve his value any more? If he goes to the Pats and does well, then he's going to get another big deal after his contract is up. You are looking at this from the SF perspective, not Jimmy's perspective. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think this is why players respect Shanahan so much though as well. He doesn't hold back on guys like George Kittle if they screw up; he basically treats the last guy on the practice squad the same as he treats the top guy on the roster by all accounts. Obviously there is a balance there, but I do like the fact that he's the same guy to every guy in the building.