2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why does he care about HIS value? Remember this is the lone year he has a no trade clause. If Pats still rate him highly, then why does he need to improve his value any more? If he goes to the Pats and does well, then he's going to get another big deal after his contract is up. You are looking at this from the SF perspective, not Jimmy's perspective. 

Because if he gets traded next year after having succes he will get a nice big extension to go along with what he is already on. If he gets traded this year he is either restructured or forced to take a pay cut because almost no team has the room to fit him in. Can he get his value up elsewhere? Sure thing and he can also be surpassed when he stays which would only lower his value. The value thing works two ways in this. A team giving us a 3rd for him isn't going to pay him the same a team giving a 1st would right away. 

12 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Because if he gets traded next year after having succes he will get a nice big extension to go along with what he is already on. If he gets traded this year he is either restructured or forced to take a pay cut because almost no team has the room to fit him in. Can he get his value up elsewhere? Sure thing and he can also be surpassed when he stays which would only lower his value. The value thing works two ways in this. A team giving us a 3rd for him isn't going to pay him the same a team giving a 1st would right away. 

He also has two years left on his deal right now opposed to only one if traded after the season. But again, this is the only year he gets to choose where he goes in a trade. If he goes to NE and plays well, they will give him a big deal anyways. 

Holding on to Jimmy and hoping he balls out is more of a benefit to the team than Jimmy himself. He knows that to. 

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He also has two years left on his deal right now opposed to only one if traded after the season. But again, this is the only year he gets to choose where he goes in a trade. If he goes to NE and plays well, they will give him a big deal anyways. 

Holding on to Jimmy and hoping he balls out is more of a benefit to the team than Jimmy himself. He knows that to. 

It sure benefits us more than Jimmy no doubt about that. But there are things for him to play out this season before getting traded. With the Pats he has to take a paycut this year either in a restructure or just a straight up pay cut. That probably is the only team where i can see him going and being the same as if he stayed. Going to say the Broncos or Panthers and learning a new offense isn't the best for him at this point after so many teams have already spend the money he would be getting this year.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

It sure benefits us more than Jimmy no doubt about that. But there are things for him to play out this season before getting traded. With the Pats he has to take a paycut this year either in a restructure or just a straight up pay cut. That probably is the only team where i can see him going and being the same as if he stayed. Going to say the Broncos or Panthers and learning a new offense isn't the best for him at this point after so many teams have already spend the money he would be getting this year.

I don't know, the Pats can just extend him and lower his cap in year one and he can make the same amount of money or around the same amount.

I'm sure the team would love to keep Jimmy but let's see how he feels and what he wants to do. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not to repeat myself, well I am going to do it anyways...But this a big part of why I think his team may request a trade. Why stay for a lame duck year when the organization allowed rumor after rumor to hit the national scene and have taken shots at Jimmy all this time. Usually teams care about the starting QBs psyche, but this team doesn't give a damn about how Jimmy feels lol.

nor should they

I was a big garoppolo fan in 2019, but 2020 really soured him for me. 

He was not mentally sharp for most of the season. Look at the game week 1, just a pathetic display on his part and it was 100% mental

Ive said it before, but I really dont think he did anything during the offseason to improve. This was supposed to be his second legitimate, healthy offseason since we traded for him, but obviously it was modified due to the pandemic, and it appears from the outside that he did nothing to improve his footwork and pocket presence.

The only game it really felt like he showed up mentally and was sharp from start to finish was the Patriots game. That is infuriating  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, N4L said:

nor should they

I was a big garoppolo fan in 2019, but 2020 really soured him for me. 

He was not mentally sharp for most of the season. Look at the game week 1, just a pathetic display on his part and it was 100% mental

Ive said it before, but I really dont think he did anything during the offseason to improve. This was supposed to be his second legitimate, healthy offseason since we traded for him, but obviously it was modified due to the pandemic, and it appears from the outside that he did nothing to improve his footwork and pocket presence.

The only game it really felt like he showed up mentally and was sharp from start to finish was the Patriots game. That is infuriating  

The team doesn't have to do a damn thing, but they also shouldn't be surprised if/when he requests a trade. Things will get a little dicey then. Interested in seeing how this plays out. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not to repeat myself, well I am going to do it anyways...But this a big part of why I think his team may request a trade. Why stay for a lame duck year when the organization allowed rumor after rumor to hit the national scene and have taken shots at Jimmy all this time. Usually teams care about the starting QBs psyche, but this team doesn't give a damn about how Jimmy feels lol.

From a business standpoint, Jimmy should care about which team gives him the best chance to have the best season, because in 2022, he's getting a new contract, in all likelihood. So really, only two teams give him a decent chance at having a great season. The 49ers and the Pats. And honestly, I think we give him a better chance at having a great season than the team he left 4 years ago. But only slightly more, I guess. If he's real sour, his best option is New England. If he can get over it, we're his best option. But he'd have to take a paycut, in my opinion. Then he's free to go to New England as a free agent.

31 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

From a business standpoint, Jimmy should care about which team gives him the best chance to have the best season, because in 2022, he's getting a new contract, in all likelihood. So really, only two teams give him a decent chance at having a great season. The 49ers and the Pats. And honestly, I think we give him a better chance at having a great season than the team he left 4 years ago. But only slightly more, I guess. If he's real sour, his best option is New England. If he can get over it, we're his best option. But he'd have to take a paycut, in my opinion. Then he's free to go to New England as a free agent.

He would definitely have a great chance of succeeding here. Very good weapons, system he's familiar with and should be an improved OL. But in NE he has a lot of the same things with a coaching staff/FO that hasn't leaked stuff to the media about his injuries. And in NE he wouldn't have to worry about getting benched or being on the wrong side with the fans after one bad game. 

On 3/29/2021 at 5:14 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

He would definitely have a great chance of succeeding here. Very good weapons, system he's familiar with and should be an improved OL. But in NE he has a lot of the same things with a coaching staff/FO that hasn't leaked stuff to the media about his injuries. And in NE he wouldn't have to worry about getting benched or being on the wrong side with the fans after one bad game. 

Not so sure. I'm sure there were lots of Pats fans who were happy they got a second rounder for him, and those same fans would probably start chanting Cam's name after a bad game. Now, I don't think that's something Jimmy really worries about. But it's not like he'd be the uncontested franchise QB in New England either. But yeah, he knows McDaniels (of the Josh variety, not the Mike's), and he'll have a couple of top notch TEs to go along with Kendrick Bourne! He would be successful, in all likelihood. But as I said, Jimmy is not really the type to start worrying about fans turning on him in favour of Cam, but I also don't think he's the type to concede to a rookie either. What better "screw you" than to have a great year with us, then leave for New England and have success there too. Or not. He's liked by him teammates and seems to love his teammates back. He's become a leader here in ways he was never afforded to become in New England. So maybe he sticks with his boys for one more year.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Not so sure. I'm sure there were lots of Pats fans who were happy they got a second rounder for him, and those same fans would probably start chanting Cam's name after a bad game. Now, I don't think that's something Jimmy really worries about. But it's not like he'd be the uncontested franchise QB in New England either. But yeah, he knows McDaniels (of the Josh variety, not the Mike's), and he'll have a couple of top notch TEs to go along with Kendrick Bourne! He would be successful, in all likelihood. But as I said, Jimmy is not really the type to start worrying about fans turning on him in favour of Cam, but I also don't think he's the type to concede to a rookie either. What better "screw you" than to have a great year with us, then leave for New England and have success there too. Or not. He's liked by him teammates and seems to love his teammates back. He's become a leader here in ways he was never afforded to become in New England. So maybe he sticks with his boys for one more year.

If Jimmy gets traded there, I doubt Cam stays. NE looks to trade him or maybe even releases him. 

Jimmy to the Pats for their 2nd rounder this year and N'keal Harry. 

Then we take the cap space saved on Jimmy and put together a 1 year deal for Melvin Ingram and someone like Steven Nelson. Draft O-line depth with one of 2nd rounders. Still saves us enough to extend Fred and we would be absolutely loaded. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, 49to5er said:

Jimmy to the Pats for their 2nd rounder this year and N'keal Harry. 

Then we take the cap space saved on Jimmy and put together a 1 year deal for Melvin Ingram and someone like Steven Nelson. Draft O-line depth with one of 2nd rounders. Still saves us enough to extend Fred and we would be absolutely loaded. 

Isn't N'keal Harry the WR that already looks like a bust because he can't separate from defenders? 

Seems like he's bad at the thing Shanahan has spotlighted as something he values in a WR. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Isn't N'keal Harry the WR that already looks like a bust because he can't separate from defenders? 

Seems like he's bad at the thing Shanahan has spotlighted as something he values in a WR. 

For sure. Route running precision, hands, and separation above all else.