2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Isn't N'keal Harry the WR that already looks like a bust because he can't separate from defenders? 

Seems like he's bad at the thing Shanahan has spotlighted as something he values in a WR. 

From what I’ve seen of him it seems like they tried to turn him into a YAC guy by throwing him primarily screens and short passes. I liked Harry coming out and apparently so did our staff. I don’t think he’s being used right in NE currently, but I haven’t watched a lot of Pats games. 

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Anyone got any insight on this?

Ah yes, these anonymous leaks that come out every draft szn...a tradition like no other! 

Where was Dan's desire to be at least a mediocre QB? Why was he so trash? Did he have no work ethic? Was he the last one in and first one out??? 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ah yes, these anonymous leaks that come out every draft szn...a tradition like no other! 

Where was Dan's desire to be at least a mediocre QB? Why was he so trash? Did he have no work ethic? Was he the last one in and first one out??? 

I feel like Orlovsky senses the void of the annoying shock jock that ESPN loves and he's trying his hardest to fill it. I don't watch ESPN, or TV for that matter, anymore, but seeing him on Twitter just gets my blood boiling. 

48 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Anyone got any insight on this?

Everything I've heard is that Fields has a great work ethic. Granted I don't know him personally, but just what I've heard in relation to him being nothing like Haskins was at Ohio St. and obviously what Ryan Day was saying during his pro day (granted I'm sure there is a fair amount of bias there). 

17 minutes ago, GW21 said:

It doesn't play into their narrative. 

Dan is a hack now and was one on the field as well. I really don't put much stock into his opinions. But this seemed way out of left field, so I wanted context. It seems there isn't any, which brings me back to - Dan Orlovsky is a hack.

Edited by NinerNation21

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Dan is a hack now and was one on the field as well. I really don't put much stock into his opinions. But this seemed way out of left field, so I wanted context. It seems there isn't any, which brings me back to - Dan Orlovsky is a hack.

But still these types of things are what scouts are for. Even more than what a guy does in games its about what he does when the light doesn't shine. Not saying anything about Fields's work ethic because simply we don't know if he is a first in last out guy or a last if first out guy. Maybe he is somewhere in between. Those personal relations with coaches and talking with other prospects about guys is so important in this process for a team.

6 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Those personal relations with coaches and talking with other prospects about guys is so important in this process for a team

It's hilarious that you say this as in the draft forum  I'm being told that teams shouldn't use biased opinions of college teams lol

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's hilarious that you say this as in the draft thread I'm being told that teams shouldn't rely on biased opinions of college teams lol

Yeah i saw that. I don't think it take Alabama guys of our board but for how much Kyle and BB seem to get along its strange Saban seems to not be on that same page. 

Now people can always change offcourse because from all accounts Haskins was more professional at HS then he was when he actually went to the NFL but there must have been some things said that wheren't that big on the surface but just where plain lies. The red flags that where there with Foster no doubt and i really don't think any of those where what soured us about trusting Saban. If i had to guess it has to be something about how he actually acted when with the team or something that was totally different from what we experienced instead of the off-field stuff.