Jump to content

2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9


Recommended Posts

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Interesting. Seems aggressive from us. I thought his value would be closer to a 3rd or 4th.

Makes sense if they want to keep him. Set the price high, if someone gives it to you then great, if they don't then let him play and rehab his value and try to get it next year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Interesting. Seems aggressive from us. I thought his value would be closer to a 3rd or 4th.

I would be completely shocked if the niners got anything close to a 1st for Jimmy. But I was also completely shocked that they traded up to 3 so who knows anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always thought he was worth a second. His contract is a + not a negative and given the scarcity at QB's, I think a late first would be nice and depending on the team, reasonable.  A second is fair imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John232 said:

I've always thought he was worth a second. His contract is a + not a negative and given the scarcity at QB's, I think a late first would be nice and depending on the team, reasonable.  A second is fair imo. 

I'd be more happy if it was a future 1 if we were able to get that. I think the most likely outcome if we are able to trade him is a conditional pick that turns into a 1. I'd be fine with that for sure. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The goal with Jimmy should have always been to target the price tag you would want for him after next season with a good year. Otherwise you keep him. For me that's first, or two seconds, etc. We don't need to trade him and that's the leverage. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Jimmy gets traded there, I doubt Cam stays. NE looks to trade him or maybe even releases him. 

Doesn't he have 5m guaranteed this year? Although, you may be right, his incentives boosts his cap hit to 14m, and they may eat the 5m in order to save 9m. But I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to keep both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Anyone got any insight on this?

That's not something I'd want in my QB, but can't trust that kind of stories this time of year, when teams hope their guy is going to drop to them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I'd be more happy if it was a future 1 if we were able to get that. I think the most likely outcome if we are able to trade him is a conditional pick that turns into a 1. I'd be fine with that for sure. 

 

That's a good idea. We, niner fans, would call it a conditional first, and the buying team would obviously be calling it a conditional second. Much easier to market to both fan bases! Considering the devaluation future picks usually get, I feel it would be a good price tag.

But all along, I've been expecting a third rounder, to be honest. Either in a trade, or by reworking his contract this year to void the 2022 season, then he'd be a free agent, and we'd get a third round comp pick in 2023.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

 

That's a good idea. We, niner fans, would call it a conditional first, and the buying team would obviously be calling it a conditional second. Much easier to market to both fan bases! Considering the devaluation future picks usually get, I feel it would be a good price tag.

But all along, I've been expecting a third rounder, to be honest. Either in a trade, or by reworking his contract this year to void the 2022 season, then he'd be a free agent, and we'd get a third round comp pick in 2023.

Right, I think conventional thinking says a future 1 is equal to a current 2nd. I think most have been saying that we could try to get our second back from NE to send Jimmy back to them. This would work for both teams as we can say we traded him for a 1st round pick and recouped some of the capital we gave up to get to #3. If we could get a future 1 I'd be all over it. I don't think we're going to get anything better unless Jimmy comes back and wins league MVP or the Super Bowl. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My mind's playin tricks on me, Geto Boys style. I was thinking that what if all this talk about Mac, Fields & Lance is a total smokescreen and that it wont be any of the three.  I mean that's ALL anybody is focusing on and its making me think John & Kyle are just toying with everybody and are going to take Trask or Mond #3 overall...that would be ultimate 'F U' to all the pundits in the draft community LOL. 

Then I came to my senses and realize they didn't fork over two future firsts to draft Kellen freakin Mond. The anticipation is already getting to me smdh...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Draft Justin Fields at #3 and then trade Jimmy for a 2nd rounder. Come on. If SF drafts a QB at #3 after trading up from #12 just so he can sit for a year, my goodness, what the hell are they doing? Jimmy G needs to go. Sooner rather than later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dan77733 said:

Draft Justin Fields at #3 and then trade Jimmy for a 2nd rounder. Come on. If SF drafts a QB at #3 after trading up from #12 just so he can sit for a year, my goodness, what the hell are they doing? Jimmy G needs to go. Sooner rather than later.

They are trying to win a super bowl. That's why you keep Jimmy around. In my opinion, any rookie we draft will not give them the best chance of winning for a good portion of the season. Every single rookie QB we could draft at #3 need some work, even Mac(sorry Simms). If the cost of watching competitive/winning football next season is keeping Jimmy's cap number and not getting a second/third round pick, that's fine with me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...