2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Times have changed so much. Years ago people would still be falling for this but now a days? Never works lol. 

5-10 years ago, the average fan would definitely fall for this. Now a days, people would be like "what about the dead cap hit??" "How would this work with his contract??" "His dead cap hit would be xyz. It wouldn't be feasible with the 49ers current cap situation!" 

We're just too smart now 😎

• Like 2

9 hours ago, XScutterX said:

They are trying to win a super bowl. That's why you keep Jimmy around. In my opinion, any rookie we draft will not give them the best chance of winning for a good portion of the season. Every single rookie QB we could draft at #3 need some work, even Mac(sorry Simms). If the cost of watching competitive/winning football next season is keeping Jimmy's cap number and not getting a second/third round pick, that's fine with me. 

Jimmy is NOT winning us a Super Bowl. Don't know why people think that he can. We won't get back to the Super Bowl with Jimmy as the starting QB.

As for the rookie QB, the team moved all the way up to #3 which isn't even the spot in which you can control your destiny which they can't but most of all, if you moved up to #3, this QB needs to start day one. Anything less is a massive disappointment. You don't trade away #12, two future first round draft picks and a third round round draft pick to move up to #3 to draft a QB that's sitting on the bench. What is this???

If the team is stuck with Jimmy for 2021, fine but if there's a trade offer for a 2nd/3rd round draft pick, they should take it. At least get back the third round draft pick that they gave up in the trade up.

Keeping Jimmy makes no sense anyway. They don't believe in him which is why they moved up to #3 but they also don't believe in whoever in they pick by keeping Jimmy. Again, makes no sense. If you believe in the QB that you're drafting, he needs to start day one and I don't care who it is.

But we'll see what they do.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Times have changed so much. Years ago people would still be falling for this but now a days? Never works lol. 

Remember on the old board when either @y2lamanaki or @SoCalNiner (cant remember which) actually started a thread reminding people of the date ? lol 

The injury ones I remember being particularly effective. Such and such got into a car accident, broke a leg, etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Remember on the old board when either @y2lamanaki or @SoCalNiner (cant remember which) actually started a thread reminding people of the date ? lol 

The injury ones I remember being particularly effective. Such and such got into a car accident, broke a leg, etc. 

I do remember that. Papa Y2 was trying to look out for his fam.

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

Jimmy is NOT winning us a Super Bowl. Don't know why people think that he can. We won't get back to the Super Bowl with Jimmy as the starting QB.

As for the rookie QB, the team moved all the way up to #3 which isn't even the spot in which you can control your destiny which they can't but most of all, if you moved up to #3, this QB needs to start day one. Anything less is a massive disappointment. You don't trade away #12, two future first round draft picks and a third round round draft pick to move up to #3 to draft a QB that's sitting on the bench. What is this???

If the team is stuck with Jimmy for 2021, fine but if there's a trade offer for a 2nd/3rd round draft pick, they should take it. At least get back the third round draft pick that they gave up in the trade up.

Keeping Jimmy makes no sense anyway. They don't believe in him which is why they moved up to #3 but they also don't believe in whoever in they pick by keeping Jimmy. Again, makes no sense. If you believe in the QB that you're drafting, he needs to start day one and I don't care who it is.

But we'll see what they do.

I understand where your coming from and agree somewhat with what you say. Why does the rookie have to start week 1 though? I don't care if they traded 5 first round picks for him, if he's not at a stage where he is better than Jimmy, get his butt on the bench. The name of the game is to win a super bowl. If Kyle thinks Jimmy is the best option at the start of the season than it should be a no brainer. 

No matter which QB is drafted, they will take some time to get used to this offense. Zach Wilson might be the most ready to step into Shanny's offense, but even he could use some time sitting and learning. Even All-Pro, MVP, Matt Ryan took some time to learn what it takes to be an effective QB under Shanny. I remember his big issue was taking the snap under center, turning the back to the defense for a play fake, and then delivering where he needed to(something Mac Jones never did at Alabama BTW).

Pretty much what I'm saying is, if the rookie is ready to go week 1, cool get rid of Garops. Don't start the rook just to start him... 

19 hours ago, XScutterX said:

I understand where your coming from and agree somewhat with what you say. Why does the rookie have to start week 1 though? I don't care if they traded 5 first round picks for him, if he's not at a stage where he is better than Jimmy, get his butt on the bench. The name of the game is to win a super bowl. If Kyle thinks Jimmy is the best option at the start of the season than it should be a no brainer. 

No matter which QB is drafted, they will take some time to get used to this offense. Zach Wilson might be the most ready to step into Shanny's offense, but even he could use some time sitting and learning. Even All-Pro, MVP, Matt Ryan took some time to learn what it takes to be an effective QB under Shanny. I remember his big issue was taking the snap under center, turning the back to the defense for a play fake, and then delivering where he needed to(something Mac Jones never did at Alabama BTW).

Pretty much what I'm saying is, if the rookie is ready to go week 1, cool get rid of Garops. Don't start the rook just to start him...

I agree in regards to not starting the rookie just for the sake of starting him but at the same time, if you're giving up that much to move up from 12 to 3, that tells me everything I need to know because if they're not confident in whoever they draft at 3 to start day one, why move up? Why not just keep the draft picks, stay at 12 and with Jimmy as the clear cut #1 QB?

At this point, im just hoping Shanahan doesn't draft Jones because all I see in him is a statue like Jimmy G and maybe even more so. Fields, Wilson and Lance are my top 3 in that order with Lance being the only one that I would sit for a year.

Jimmy G knows his days are numbered which means he'll be a lame duck QB and I don't know why he would even stay in SF for 2021 outside of the money. I personally would ask to be released/traded. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

2 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

I agree in regards to not starting the rookie just for the sake of starting him but at the same time, if you're giving up that much to move up from 12 to 3, that tells me everything I need to know because if they're not confident in whoever they draft at 3 to start day one, why move up? Why not just keep the draft picks, stay at 12 and with Jimmy as the clear cut #1 QB?

At this point, im just hoping Shanahan doesn't draft Jones because all I see in him is a statue like Jimmy G and maybe even more so. Fields, Wilson and Lance are my top 3 in that order with Lance being the only one that I would sit for a year.

Jimmy G knows his days are numbered which means he'll be a lame duck QB and I don't know why he would even stay in SF for 2021 outside of the money. I personally would ask to be released/traded. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

Jimmy is going to play lights out Imo. That way he will get money on his new contract. (wherever he goes.) Makes no sense for him to play like a lame duck. None at all.

• Like 1