2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

34 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Not sure how valid this is, but the question needs to be asked - how many safeties is too many safeties?

I think that there's a shot that Harris ends up playing some linebacker this off season, to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Bit of an overpay, but not too much i guess. 

So, are the Panthers out on a rookie QB? 

And if they are out, is it because we traded up for their rookie QB target?

My guess is they know they can't move up for one. Falcons aren't going to trade with them. Bengals never trade back, Miami traded back to move up to 6. Lions idk if it matters to move up one spot. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

My guess is they know they can't move up for one. Falcons aren't going to trade with them. Bengals never trade back, Miami traded back to move up to 6. Lions idk if it matters to move up one spot. 

Yep. I do find it a little interesting though because if you think about it, they are likely in a pretty solid spot for QB #5. Atlanta trade and someone picks QB4. Cincy isn't going anywhere, takes Chase / Sewell. Miami traded back up to 6 on purpose and that's Pitts / Chase. So there is Detroit at 7. Carolina could have easily given the Bears / Trubisky deal to make sure that they get their guy there.  They are one pick behind Detroit and could easily make that trade unless Detroit was determined to go way down the draft board. 

So who didn't they love out of the QB group? 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. I do find it a little interesting though because if you think about it, they are likely in a pretty solid spot for QB #5. Atlanta trade and someone picks QB4. Cincy isn't going anywhere, takes Chase / Sewell. Miami traded back up to 6 on purpose and that's Pitts / Chase. So there is Detroit at 7. Carolina could have easily given the Bears / Trubisky deal to make sure that they get their guy there.  They are one pick behind Detroit and could easily make that trade unless Detroit was determined to go way down the draft board. 

Mac Jones!!!!

So am I crazy to say I don't think Mac Jones actually ends up going in top 10?

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know who they didn't love, but this bodes very well for the Pats to get up in the top 10 to take a QB. 

What's crazy is that Darnold and Jimmy have pretty much played the same amount. Darnold has "potential" though!!!!

Former NFL executive Mike Tannenbaum, now ESPN’s front office insider, said the 49ers did it the right way to avoid any heartbreak on draft day.

He said he believes the Carolina Panthers, who own the No. 8 overall pick, were a prime candidate to pounce on Jones if the 49ers left them an opening.

Lynch and the 49ers’ front office had to gauge what would be a safe place in the draft to land in order to get the player they are targeting.

The Panthers coached Jones at the Senior Bowl, and Tannenbaum said he observed how much Jones impressed the Carolina staff.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-draft-panthers-were-mac-jones-trade-candidate-former-exec-says

Well..

• Like 1

Seems like a lot for Darnold. I'm glad we didn't make that move. If we end up taking Jones we had better be damn sure he's going to be Matt Ryan. I'm still holding out hope we're taking Fields. It does seem a bit odd that they seemingly completely bailed on taking a QB this year while still having the #8 overall pick. 

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Seems like a lot for Darnold. I'm glad we didn't make that move. If we end up taking Jones we had better be damn sure he's going to be Matt Ryan. I'm still holding out hope we're taking Fields. It does seem a bit odd that they seemingly completely bailed on taking a QB this year while still having the #8 overall pick. 

I'm guessing they were only high on only the top 3 or 4 QB's. The top 3 are locked in, and i'm guessing ATL would rather trade with DEN or NE than CAR. 

Now, who's their top 3 or 4? Well, Mike Tannebaum said they loved Mac Jones at the senior bowl...

Edited by 49ersfan