2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2022/all/san-francisco-49ers/

2022 UFA/ERFA's. Who do you guys think we re-sign? 

Warner is obvious. Besides him, i think we extend Tomlinson, Moore, & Flannagan-Fowles. As ERFA's, Givens & Daniels will probably get at least the 1 year option. And maybe we keep Jordan Willis or Nate Sudfield as depth

Everyone else probably walks. 

Projected 2022 needs - C, DE, CB, WR, TE. 

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2022/all/san-francisco-49ers/

2022 UFA/ERFA's. Who do you guys think we re-sign? 

Warner is obvious. Besides him, i think we extend Tomlinson, Moore, & Flannagan-Fowles. As ERFA's, Givens & Daniels will probably get at least the 1 year option. And maybe we keep Jordan Willis or Nate Sudfield as depth

Everyone else probably walks. 

Projected 2022 needs - C, DE, CB, WR, TE. 

Not sure about Tomlinson tbh. Moore or McKvitz may be the way this team decides to go going forward. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not sure about Tomlinson tbh. Moore or McKvitz may be the way this team decides to go going forward. 

From the moment the pick was made, I saw Banks as the future LG and eventual replacement for Tomlinson. I could envision Moore or McKivitz slotting in@RG in that scenario. Just have to see how it all plays out going forward this year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

From the moment the pick was made, I saw Banks as the future LG and eventual replacement for Tomlinson. I could envision Moore or McKivitz slotting in@RG in that scenario. Just have to see how it all plays out going forward this year. 

Drafting two guards and one more that is likely to play that position in the last two years? I'd say if one of those shows any sort of promise, Tomlinson is out of there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

If banks does well at RG, I don't think they will move him to the left side. They need someone who excels in pass blocking to pair with McStinky. They obviously know each other already and I'm sure they will have a good rapport. I don't really see the benefit to moving him, are LGs more valuable than RGs??

Or unless we move on from McStinky, which - I guess could be in the plans. We picked up his 2022 option, but I guess banks could get moved to LG in 2023 if we have a RT who... is... actually competent in pass blocking lol 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Drafting two guards and one more that is likely to play that position in the last two years? I'd say if one of those shows any sort of promise, Tomlinson is out of there. 

Definitely. Tomlinson regressed last year. I wonder how much of that was the turnstiles we had at C. Given the C is the one who makes the line calls and the fact that the zbs only works if everyone is a cohesive unit, I think there is absolutely a case to be made that it effected his play. Doesn't get an outright pass, but he is a FA after this year who has played really well for us in the past, so it's certainly possible he wants more money than we can afford 

Can't keep everyone. Of course, it would be easier to keep everyone if we didn't have a QB making 25m who probably won't be our starter at the end of the season.... 

55 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

This is actually not true. David Lombardi has said repeatedly that we have 11m in space. The 17 doesn't account for the rookies who haven't signed their deals yet, I think 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny clearly wants to add one more WR. Just not sure why he didn't draft one?

Well, I guess after he trades for Julio he will be finally happy!

I definitely think we aren't done at WR, I don't really expect Julio Jones. But maybe Crowder if he's cut or Dede. I do agree not sure why we didn't address the 3rd WR via FA/Draft. 

https://www.pff.com/news/regrading-the-2018-nfl-draft-classes-ravens-bills-and-buccaneers-among-nfls-biggest-winners

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-regrading-2019-nfl-draft-classes-tennessee-titans-san-francisco-49ers

PFF did a draft regrade of our 2019 & 2018 draft classes. Don't think this included UDFA or trades

2019 - Excellent due to Bosa, Samuel & Greenlaw

2018 - Good with Warner & McGlinchey. Could have been elite if we had kept DJ Reed or found someone better than Pettis

PFF hasn't done any other years (yet), but my guess

2017 will probably be average due to Kittle & Jones. Other than that, it was a complete whiff. 

2020 was a very top heavy draft - we only had 2 picks in the top 150 so this should primarily be about filling our depth. Aiyuk is looking like a star already. Depends on Kinlaw's development

2021 has a chance of being excellent down the line but it all depends on Lance. 

Just a reminder i guess, when you grade draft classes, that even excellent drafts only get 3-4 great contributors.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-had-top-10-offseason-nfl-bill-barnwell-believes

ESPN's Bill Barnwell pegs the 49ers as having the ninth-best offseason in the NFL leading up to the 2021 season. 

It gets better, too. 

In Barnwell's eyes, the 49ers had the best offseason of any NFC West team. That includes the Los Angeles Rams, who traded for quarterback Matthew Stafford. The Rams are ranked 27th, while the Seattle Seahawks are ranked 17th and the Arizona Cardinals are ranked 21st.

Barnwell seems to like the high upside of quarterback Trey Lance in Kyle Shanahan's offense, as well as Lance being on a rookie contract which will allow the 49ers to extend players like Fred Warner and Nick Bosa in the near future. He also was a fan of the 49ers locking up Trent Williams and adding Alex Mack. 

But he believes they should have tried to trade Jimmy Garoppolo. 

I definitely get Barnwell's point...its a big risk to keep Jimmy's $25 mil on the books. And a nightmare scenario would have him suffer a serious injury where we couldn't cut him in 2022 either, which means all of his $50 million would be guaranteed i believe? Someone correct me if i'm wrong. 

I think if its even close in TC, we roll with Lance. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1