2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Falcons too...I feel like people would still consider Ryan > Stafford, and I believe that the falcons also need a GM

I hope Saleh doesn't take that job. Could do worse but very meh type of job.

Chargers gig is VERY intriguing. And the injuries wouldn't bother him since he's used to of dealing with them here lol. 

On 12/6/2020 at 12:33 PM, StevenK said:

I would think it could also be Jax, NYJ or anyone who could possibly be in the realm of getting a top qb in the draft. 

I’m shocked that a lot of teams (I saw ATL & DET as possibles) who are searching for a GM want to consider Dorsey. Rumors are wherever he goes, Bieniemy will coach. 

Like the rest of us, I’m more concerned about losing Peters if he goes with Saleh to become the GM for said team (if GM position is vacant). 

So what happens if we lose Saleh and he takes Mayhew with him instead of Peters? Do we get double the 3rd round picks? Also I am unclear where these 3rd round draft picks are coming from, are these just like compensatory picks?

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

So what happens if we lose Saleh and he takes Mayhew with him instead of Peters? Do we get double the 3rd round picks? Also I am unclear where these 3rd round draft picks are coming from, are these just like compensatory picks?

Well, I think that you can rule that out if he goes to Detroit lol. 

But you would get 3 third round picks total. Not sure how they are split up, however (in terms of what years they are given...2 in year 1, 1 in year 2; 1 in 3 years, etc). And yes, they are just comp picks. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, I think that you can rule that out if he goes to Detroit lol. 

But you would get 3 third round picks total. Not sure how they are split up, however (in terms of what years they are given...2 in year 1, 1 in year 2; 1 in 3 years, etc). And yes, they are just comp picks. 

Hah yeah, I did consider that. I still think that Detroit makes the most sense for Saleh (and Sherm), but if he went to say, San Diego, and took Mayhew with him it'd really be the best case scenario for us in regards to our return. Pretty sure that this rule wasn't put in place to try and get draft capital out of it, but it is in play so we might as well try to make the most of it. So is it 2 3rds for a coach and 1 3rd for an executive or something? 

Edited by Gore Whore 21

16 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Hah yeah, I did consider that. I still think that Detroit makes the most sense for Saleh (and Sherm), but if he went to say, San Diego, and took Mayhew with him it'd really be the best case scenario for us in regards to our return. Pretty sure that this rule wasn't put in place to try and get draft capital out of it, but it is in play so we might as well try to make the most of it. So is it 2 3rds for a coach and 1 3rd for an executive or something? 

“If a team hires a minority head coach, that team, in the draft preceding the coach's second season, would move up six spots from where it is slotted to pick in the third round. A team would jump 10 spots under the same scenario for hiring a person of color as its primary football executive, a position more commonly known as general manager.”

Five months after hiring Gase, the Jets hired Joe Douglas as general manager. Had they hired a minority general manager, that 73rd pick would’ve been 63rd pick, minority hires.

Other potential changes including compensatory picks: Third-round compensatory pick to any team whose minority coach or front-office members leaves to become a head coach or general manager for another team, fourth-round pick to any team that hires a minority as quarterbacks coach, and fifth-round pick if a team’s minority assistant leaves to become a coordinator for another team.

So potentially if Saleh leaves and takes Mayhew with him, we could end up with 2 3rds?

On 12/6/2020 at 1:38 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

I hope Saleh doesn't take that job. Could do worse but very meh type of job.

Chargers gig is VERY intriguing. And the injuries wouldn't bother him since he's used to of dealing with them here lol. 

Eh, if it was me I would rather the Falcons job. Sure you don't have quite the talent accumulated but you don't have another 10 years of dealing with Mahomes and the chiefs every year either.

23 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-general-manager-qualities-2020-offseason-candidates

There's gona be a lot of GM openings but a lot of GM candidates too....i also remember reading that Saleh was going to take Ed Dodds (not Adam Peters) with him. 

Thought it was mostly because the Browns interviewed Dodd that is came out he was on a list from Saleh.

No surprise at all but according to ESPN, Saleh plans to bring in Adam Peters wherever he goes. So basically he's going to a place with no existing GM. Saleh either got this advice from Shanahan or learned from him. Make it a package deal and tie yourself to the GM and have a bit more power than the GM. 

I’ve heard there already have been discussions between Saleh and Shanahan — horse trading, if you will — about which offensive coaches Saleh might take with him. My guess: Since Saleh has a long-time relationship with the LaFleur family — he’s best friends with Packers coach Matt LaFleur — he takes Mike LaFleur with him wherever he goes. But that’s just a guess.

From barrows