2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

For as much as I want to put stock in all the guys talking about what's going on at senior bowl, I feel like this is the one source and tweet that i would put the most emphasis behind 

With DJ saying he was hearing IND the entire time and thought SF was just brought in to up the asking price and now this, I could see a scenario where they used the lower level guys like Javier and Cohn to report this knowing someone reputable like Maiocco or Barrows would not without confirming with their higher up sources. 

Doesn't mean he won't come to SF, but these guys are all making it seem like a deal gets done today or tomorrow. Lions don't need to move THAT fast. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

With DJ saying he was hearing IND the entire time and thought SF was just brought in to up the asking price and now this, I could see a scenario where they used the lower level guys like Javier and Cohn to report this knowing someone reputable like Maiocco or Barrows would not without confirming with their higher up sources. 

Doesn't mean he won't come to SF, but these guys are all making it seem like a deal gets done today or tomorrow. Lions don't need to move THAT fast. 

Can teams even announce trades at this time of the year? I'm sure they can agree in principle amongst themselves, but can they make actual trades right now?

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Can teams even announce trades at this time of the year? I'm sure they can agree in principle amongst themselves, but can they make actual trades right now?

Pretty sure it has to wait until the new league year. March 17th or something? 

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Pretty sure it has to wait until the new league year. March 17th or something? 

I believe they can make a trade? announce it but nothing can official till March 17.

I.E Alex Smith was traded in Jan and it was announced then but nothing was official till the league year started...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I believe they can make a trade? announce it but nothing can official till March 17.

I.E Alex Smith was traded in Jan and it was announced then but nothing was official till the league year started...

Right. What I’m getting at is they have until March to change their mind. It would be a crappy thing to do, but I’m not one to count my chickens before they hatch. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

They can agree to trades but nothing is official until the new league year. They also have to move Stafford before March 21st or they will be on book for 10M more I believe. But they are WAYS away from that date. Nothing needs to be agreed upon anytime soon. 

58 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Yes. You can discuss and announce trades at any point. This is nearly identical to when Alex Smith was traded to Washington (I think it was 1/30), and we also traded Smith prior to the season 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I don't think that it's anywhere close even if it is to the niners. The thing about MM is that he's also past the point in his career where he's really "breaking news" and he gets a little cagey with his info in my opinion. BUt if he's flat out saying he's not hearing anything is close, i completely believe him. I don't think he'd flat out lie 

Seeing how the Eagles secondary performed i wouldn't say its that inspiring. Kinda weird to see him be secondary coach with no news about Tony Oden and Daniel Bullocks leaving. Altough i remember some rumour about Oden leaving and Bullocks has a clear tie with Saleh.

13 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Seeing how the Eagles secondary performed i wouldn't say its that inspiring. Kinda weird to see him be secondary coach with no news about Tony Oden and Daniel Bullocks leaving. Altough i remember some rumour about Oden leaving and Bullocks has a clear tie with Saleh.

I posted that Ryans and Bullock were brought onto the staff together when Shanny took over. I don’t know of any ties between Bullocks and Saleh. I brought that up because I thought Bullocks could be a replacement for Oden if he departed.

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I posted that Ryans and Bullock were brought onto the staff together when Shanny took over. I don’t know of any ties between Bullocks and Saleh. I brought that up because I thought Bullocks could be a replacement for Oden if he departed.

Bullocks was with the Jaguars in 2016. Same as Aaron Whitecotton who is now the D-line coach with the Jets. So i think he has more of a tie to Saleh than Shanahan.