Jump to content

2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Forge said:

 

 

I think this makes it more awkward, especially if the offense is struggling a move may need to be made. Firing Mike isn't going to sit well with Matt.

McDaniel is the guy national writers are expecting to go with Saleh and that makes the most sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Jay Rodgers?

I hadn't heard of him but I now know that he is a fangio disciple and the DL coach in Denver. Staley was the LBs coach there. 

I believe the tweet is referencing that both teams will have similar schematic offenses run by super young prodigies paired with similar schematic defenses run by super young up and coming coaches (idk enough about Staley or Rodgers to call them prodigies) in the same division twice a year 

Could be way off though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Jay Rodgers?

Yeah, no way we are going that route. Shanny was way too many personal relationships with guys familiar in our scheme to go outside of the box like that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Jim Schwartz is available. As much as I think he's a jerk, he would be a good fit here I think 

He has worked with kocereck in the past obviously. We have the talent on our DL to work his scheme 

I wouldn't hate it. He has been around the block a few times 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N4L said:

Jim Schwartz is available. As much as I think he's a jerk, he would be a good fit here I think 

He's taking a year off, debating retirement. We can also do better. He's not good

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, N4L said:

Jim Schwartz is available. As much as I think he's a jerk, he would be a good fit here I think 

He has worked with kocereck in the past obviously. We have the talent on our DL to work his scheme 

I wouldn't hate it. He has been around the block a few times 

Absolutely not. 

But maybe he can explain to Shanny why his defenses own his offenses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Forge said:

He's taking a year off, debating retirement. We can also do better. He's not good

I always thought he would have Philly's defense ready to play despite a terrible secondary. Thinking back though, there were definitely times he didn't give corners enough help. Hes good at scheming up defensive fronts and has experience. 

He's not my first choice, or even top 3-5, but we could do worse 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From barrows: 

I’m told saleh’s struck a wait-and-see tone with the 49ers assistants. He hasn’t made any promises and has noted the assistant-coach situation might vary depending on where he winds up

Makes sense, but also could leave us in complete limbo here until other dominos fall 

The issue is that I'm sure our offensive assistants will be in demand from other teams besides just wherever Saleh goes. So it's possible a coach decides to leave and then the guy we would have planned to replace him with could also get promoted with Saleh somewhere else.

I would think our coaching positions would be in high demand because of how much the rest of the league looks to hire our assistants, so I am not going to worry about it too much, but it definitely seems like this isn't a good thing. 

I wonder if Saleh will get more than one job offer 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From barrows:

I can tell you that Shanahan hasn’t been beating the bushes to talk to outside candidates. Maybe he’s waiting until Saleh’s position truly becomes open. Or maybe he knows that if Saleh moves on, the 49ers easily can promote linebackers coach DeMeco Ryans to coordinator. Shanahan on Monday said, “It’s only as a matter of time before DeMeco is a coordinator in this league. It’s a matter of time before DeMeco will be a head coach.”

So it seems like demeco ryans will be the next DC 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, N4L said:

From barrows:

I can tell you that Shanahan hasn’t been beating the bushes to talk to outside candidates. Maybe he’s waiting until Saleh’s position truly becomes open. Or maybe he knows that if Saleh moves on, the 49ers easily can promote linebackers coach DeMeco Ryans to coordinator. Shanahan on Monday said, “It’s only as a matter of time before DeMeco is a coordinator in this league. It’s a matter of time before DeMeco will be a head coach.”

So it seems like demeco ryans will be the next DC 

I'm good with that

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at his body of work at least as a LB coach, it's pretty impeccable. But it's a different game becoming a DC, but it seems like the coaching staff thinks the world of DeMeco and has for a while.

Also, just love the thought of DeMeco being a coach. loved him as  a prospect coming out and I remember when people thought he and Willis would run the league at MLB for the next decade. He was a lot of fun to watch. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just changed this to the entire front office thread for the off season since we have quite a bit to talk about with potential pieces moving around. 

Should be noted that Elway also gave a strong recommendation for Peters to Carolina. So I'm guessing he ends up with that job. Which means we have to jump Carolina for Wilson LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Denver wanted to get some realy outside influence in so makes sense why they wheren't going for Peters. Always hard to truly tell how much influence a single guy has but from what we have heard he has a ton of say especially in the later rounds where so far we have done really well. Hope we have a guy ready to step up and keep that streak going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Think Denver wanted to get some realy outside influence in so makes sense why they wheren't going for Peters. Always hard to truly tell how much influence a single guy has but from what we have heard he has a ton of say especially in the later rounds where so far we have done really well. Hope we have a guy ready to step up and keep that streak going.

I said it earlier in this thread, but my guess would be Waugh, most likely? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...