2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Money wise idk how the rams can pull this off?

It's not really an issue. Its super unlikely, but they trade Goff and he actually saves almost 13 million. Stafford can easily be extended and restructured below that amount as i was talking about earlier. You can take his RB and base, convert all but 2 million to signing bonus and his cap hit this year is suddenly 6 million. 

2 hours ago, dan77733 said:

No Stafford please. UGH. Why can't 49ers management go after the better QB? Stop being cheap and wanting aging veterans when you have a 25 year old stud who wants out of Houston. Come on.

You do understand that Watson has a no-trade clause right? So we have to be one of his preferred destinations to even enter into the Watson sweepstakes.

And then you have actually get their FO to listen to offers and decide to move him. I'd bet money that they'll play hardball with Watson into well into the season just to make a point. And especially if no one gives them some insane offer like 5 firsts or Jax comes calling and offers #1 overall this year and a 2nd next year.

They're not gonna budge on his demands anytime soon UNLESS they get a insane haul imo. This is going drag on until we get closer to the draft. And even then, I think they'll still play the wait and see game if they're not 'blown away' with the compensation.

At least Stafford is on the block and their FO is fielding calls, trying for a facilitate a trade. You can't gamble that the Texans do indeed trade him. All the Houston FO has done is state emphatically that they have no intentions of trading Watson....now or ever.

So at this point, it makes sense going after the guy you know is available and not waiting on the guy you think may become available, only to be outbid by a team with better draft capital.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Jeremy Fowler reporting that Stafford believes the Rams are players in his market and confirming that the Rams have reached out to the lions. 

DJ said that he thought we were mentioned for Stafford to drive INDs price up, and I don't think it's a coincidence that Stafford is being linked to the Rams now that there is all that chatter about Stafford coming here.So, I am not buying any of it 

I was told by @jrry32 recently that Goff was the far superior QB to Stafford, and that goof is the "perfect" QB for mcvay, so I'm gonna laugh so hard if the Rams make this move

Edited by N4L

7 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

I hope we actually get Stafford and all but I don’t know, it’s starting to feel like how it did last summer when these same Twitter dudes were claiming we were about to make a HUGE blockbuster trade, which never happened.

We did make a blockbuster trade, granted it wasn’t the right one, but we traded Buckner for a first. 

• Like 1