2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

2017-2023, no first round picks lol

At that cost, I want to draft a guy

We can move up for Fields or Wilson possibly with that compensation. Stafford is good but LIS, there's things about him everyone wants to overlook with him. Better than Goff but not a game changer. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

It's a massive overpay by the Rams, but they're going all in. Not only did they get to unload Goff, but they got to stick it to the 49ers by creating an insane price for a QB.

We're stuck with Jimmy and/or a rookie. 

Especially since they kinda set the market-ish on qb trades. I mean stafford went for 2 first, a 3rd and Goff. Jeez! If u want Watson you might as well give up everything for the next 3 years...

Mac Jones or Lance at 12? 

Edited by StevenK

6 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

It's a massive overpay by the Rams, but they're going all in. Not only did they get to unload Goff, but they got to stick it to the 49ers by creating an insane price for a QB.

We're stuck with Jimmy and/or a rookie. 

Yep. I said it in the new thread that as much as I like it, I hate it

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You were? As far as I know and can find, I have not recently said that Goff is the "perfect QB for McVay." Another Rams fan said something along those lines, but I don't know why you'd impute it to me:

And when did I say that Goff is a far superior QB to Stafford? I think Stafford doesn't move the needle. I think he's fairly average. I think he's old and nearing the twilight of his career, while Goff is still young and only entering his prime window next year. I think us trading Goff to acquire Stafford would be stupid for those reasons. But I don't recall recently saying that Goff is a "far superior QB to Stafford." I've said plenty of dumb and biased things about Goff over the years, but I certainly don't recall that.

But yes, we're in agreement that the Lions and Stafford leaking the Rams here as a top contender doesn't make a whole lot of sense and seems intended to drive up the price on Stafford. Hopefully, y'all don't acquire another injury prone QB. I don't know how many more losing seasons Kyle can survive. 😝

Oh…….. 

• Like 1

I just wonder where this places us knowing that we more than likely have to bring back Jimmy. So Jimmy will of course get his money meaning we won’t be able to retain Williams which was already a possibility since he was asking for A LOT (apparently). So we would have to draft his replacement at 12 or? Maybe get a LT in FA like Villanueva on the cheap? 

😧  To the Rams?!?!?!  CRAP.  I prefer to face Goff twice a year than Stafford.

Jimmy G has to get better (both healing and performance on the field!) because we are not likely to get anyone in the Draft who will be prepared to play (we're too low for Wilson, the only one who has any sort of experience with a Shanny-style O). 

Watson will cost so much it will set us back too far. Basically, we'd have to score every drive because our D isn't going to stop anyone.  Also, the Texans don't seem inclined to trade. 

Sigh. Jimmy G needs to start ballin'!

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

lol Javi will get eviscerated

A bunch of these guys were wrong with the Kittle reports. Gave them the benefit of the doubt here and they were wrong again. 

Please ban all the random "insiders", we should only trust the national guys or the Matt's with this team

And yeah the trade is a overpay, but it is what it is. You could tell from the recent comments that the Rams brass was fed up with Goff. 

If Stafford goes for two 1st's, Watson is going to command an insanely high price. 

Ugh, probably won't be able to trade up for the top QB's either. i guess back with Jimmy and a 2nd tier guy like Darnold, Minshew..maybe take Lance if he falls to 12.

• Like 1