2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm going to be surprised if we go qb, to be honest. 

We need someone. If Jimmy gets hurt again, I can not deal with Mullens or CJ again for another season. I know a lot of people want to put it on our line, but in all fairness, they are ranked number 8.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bob is actually MUCH better now. Not great but better.

Frank though is just terrible. I'm still just baffled why these guys keep doing this. Wait until they report the Niners are interested in Ryan or Dak or Watson. They won't stop here, they will swing for the fences until they make contact lol. 

Yeah, I'm just going to ignore any talk about Watson and us. Dak could be fun to hope on though

I know that Watson has a no trade clause but looking at potential destinations, the 49ers is BY FAR the best option for him. An elite TE. Two good young receivers. Hoping we keep Bourne. A good OL but re-signing Williams is a must. Damn good RB core. Great defense. Young innovative head coach. Great front office. Stability. Great weather and stadium. Excellent history. Shanahan loves roll outs and motion galore which Watson would fit very well.

It may be expensive but the team we have now isn't going to last forever and I would easily give up 2021/2022/2023 first round draft picks and go from there. Barring injuries, we would be at the bottom or near the bottom of the first round for the next two years anyway so getting a QB at the level of Watson simply isn't going to happen and more importantly, unlike every rookie QB coming into the NFL the next few years, Watson is obviously proven. You know what you're getting. No guesswork or hoping required.

I know Watson has been linked to the Jets and other teams but why the hell would he want to go to an equally bad or worse team? I just don't understand that. Going to the 49ers would be like a dream scenario for a young 25 year old QB who's been playing for a bad team and bad management.

2 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

We need someone. If Jimmy gets hurt again, I can not deal with Mullens or CJ again for another season. I know a lot of people want to put it on our line, but in all fairness, they are ranked number 8.

With Jimmy back, I'd expect a full change on backups. Someone like jacoby brissett and then a late qb project or Rosen

3 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

I know that Watson has a no trade clause but looking at potential destinations, the 49ers is BY FAR the best option for him. An elite TE. Two good young receivers. Hoping we keep Bourne. A good OL but re-signing Williams is a must. Damn good RB core. Great defense. Young innovative head coach. Great front office. Stability. Great weather and stadium. Excellent history. Shanahan loves roll outs and motion galore which Watson would fit very well.

It may be expensive but the team we have now isn't going to last forever and I would easily give up 2021/2022/2023 first round draft picks and go from there. Barring injuries, we would be at the bottom or near the bottom of the first round for the next two years anyway so getting a QB at the level of Watson simply isn't going to happen and more importantly, unlike every rookie QB coming into the NFL the next few years, Watson is obviously proven. You know what you're getting. No guesswork or hoping required.

I know Watson has been linked to the Jets and other teams but why the hell would he want to go to an equally bad or worse team? I just don't understand that. Going to the 49ers would be like a dream scenario for a young 25 year old QB who's been playing for a bad team and bad management.

We cannot compete if the jets or dolphins are offering 2/3. I would not get my hopes up that lynch will push the chips in the middle either. The FO is aggressive in moderate cost moves

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

With Jimmy back, I'd expect a full change on backups. Someone like jacoby brissett and then a late qb project or Rosen

Fitzpatrick is a free agent right? That wouldn't be bad at all, if he is willing to come here. 

I still think they will make a push for Watson but the risky part is how long the Texans are willing to play hard ball. You would think they would want to do it before the draft though, right? 

But more likely they address it at the draft though. Fields is the guy I bet Shanahan has his eye on. I know people will think he would hate Fields but I don't. That play action deep ball is going to be MONEY in this system and Shanahan badly wants that implemented in this offense. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I was hopeful we'd upgrade but I was prepared for another year of Jimmy and a rookie so here we go.

Yeah, I'm disappointed so far, but that's also cynicism speaking. Officially the off-season hasn't even started yet, so need to see it play out. 

I do not believe that this team will compete in the division / playoffs with Jimmy as the starter at his current cap hit and current roster, however

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

We cannot compete if the jets or dolphins are offering 2/3. I would not get my hopes up that lynch will push the chips in the middle either. The FO is aggressive in moderate cost moves

Bosa changes things if he is offered though and who knows if Houston wants to trade him to the AFC. If I were them, I wouldn't care too much, just would try to get the best package but no guarantee they do that. But again, would be AWESOME to get Watson but no need to get our hopes for that. More realistic option is the draft OR possibly trading for Ryan after June 1st. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fitzpatrick is a free agent right? That wouldn't be bad at all, if he is willing to come here. 

I still think they will make a push for Watson but the risky part is how long the Texans are willing to play hard ball. You would think they would want to do it before the draft though, right? 

But more likely they address it at the draft though. Fields is the guy I bet Shanahan has his eye on. I know people will think he would hate Fields but I don't. That play action deep ball is going to be MONEY in this system and Shanahan badly wants that implemented in this offense. 

Yep. Fitzy, Dalton as well. If they want youthful upside, trubs. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bosa changes things if he is offered though and who knows if Houston wants to trade him to the AFC. If I were them, I wouldn't care too much, just would try to get the best package but no guarantee they do that. But again, would be AWESOME to get Watson but no need to get our hopes for that. More realistic option is the draft OR possibly trading for Ryan after June 1st. 

100%. They should absolutely inquire and try to make it happen. It's a no brainer for me. I'm just not bullish on it happening though. If houston really did restrict to the nfc, we could be sitting pretty

1 hour ago, Geek said:

I get that feeling to. TBH I think we're going to go CB @12 but I really hope we send it on a high ceiling QB.

I honestly think we are going OT @12. Williams I think priced himself out of our range. As some have already mentioned, it sounds like we are going to try and go after our corners in FA. Maybe get a qb later in the draft, Mond or someone else. Maybe Trask or Jones (doubtful) ends up near our 2 round pick. 

They still won't stop. Leaders in the clubhouse? After it has been reported that the Redskins/Panthers made strong offers and after seeing what the Rams traded for him? These guys were saying the Niners were the LEADERS IN THE CLUBHOUSE WITHOUT GIVING UP A FIRST ROUNDER?? Lol, they just need to stop trying to defend themselves on move on. It is ridiculous to think the top sources in the organization are going to give THEM the news before the heavy hitters. 

I'm just glad we didn't make a move for Stafford. Even though I was fine with giving up a first rounder for him, he was pretty much my last option over the rest. It would have taken us out of the Rodgers/Watson/etc sweepstakes. Even if we stand put this year, who is to say we wouldn't be one of the favorites to land Rodgers? I still think a rookie is very possible in this draft. Stafford not leading a top 10 offense in almost 10 years just can't be ignored. Sure he hasn't had the best of circumstances but doesn't that prove he can't elevate talent and overcome deficiencies around the team? Isn't that one of the biggest knocks on Jimmy? Not saying Stafford isn't better but he's a good, non-elite QB. There's a bunch of QBs in that range in the league. 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

I honestly think we are going OT @12. Williams I think priced himself out of our range. As some have already mentioned, it sounds like we are going to try and go after our corners in FA. Maybe get a qb later in the draft, Mond or someone else. Maybe Trask or Jones (doubtful) ends up near our 2 round pick. 

Wouldn't mind that to be honest. If we take a tackle at #12, I want to sign Linsley then. We would have the money to sign him for possibly half the price of Williams and then take one of the top tackles in the draft. Good OL draft supposedly. Some solid standouts at the senior bowl practices as well. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wouldn't mind that to be honest. If we take a tackle at #12, I want to sign Linsley then. We would have the money to sign him for possibly half the price of Williams and then take one of the top tackles in the draft. Good OL draft supposedly. Some solid standouts at the senior bowl practices as well. 

I think one of the OT that’s been mocked to us in a couple of drafts is the one out of Northwestern - Slater. Definitely agree on going after Linsley, Kyle loves his centers over guards, so that shouldn’t take too much convincing. 

Edited by StevenK