2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

4 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. I think it’ll be a huge mistake to think that we’ll be ok running it back with Jimmy. The whole qb room needs upgraded.  But in Shanny I trust 

This is where I'm at as well.

I don't think a healthy Jimmy is enough going forward. Like ppl overate the presence of guys like Aiyuk thinking its going to magically make Jimmy better. He still doesn't threaten the deep third of a defense so even a kid like Ayuik's growth will be stagnant because we wont be able to utilize the his ability to get behind defenses.

Like @Forge said, give me a guy like Dak, who is capable of turning water into wine on any given play. That's why I was cool with us going after Stafford until the compensation got too high.

I feel like the margin between playoff teams for the most part are razor thin. Some years you may field an elite defense or have a top 3 passing game. But in a league where roster are ALWAYS influx, you need a someone at QB who is capable of lifting you out of crappy circumstances (i.e bad O-Line, shotty playcalling, injuries, etc). Guys like Dak & Stafford have shown their capable of that to varying degress. Playoff football alot of times is about making the off-schedule plays. And I just believe when you play with guys like Jimmy & Kirk, you're playing with one hand tied behind your back because everything has to be relatively perfect for them to succeed. And rarely in the NFL does it work that way for one season let alone multiple years, all in succession. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

Do you think Jerruh would pull the trigger on two firsts for Dak?

I think he's more amenable to it this year than last, and not just because of the injury. They've been fighting about this a while, and not that long ago, he said something along the lines of not being able to pay everyone or something like that. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he's more amenable to it this year than last, and not just because of the injury. They've been fighting about this a while, and not that long ago, he said something along the lines of not being able to pay everyone or something like that. 

How about this.

Dallas trades Dak to SF for 12 and a 1st next year.

Dallas trades #5, #12, SF 2022 first and Cooper for Watson

SF trades Jimmy G to the Colts for a second. 

(give or take some third being thrown in in on some of these deals).

Houston probably won't do it because it's Dallas...but that would be fun. 

• Like 1

I think we should trade for Josh Allen, no wait, Mitch Trubisky, no wait, Drew Lock... Every day its someone new. Dak isn't worth 2 1sts, he isn't even worth 1 first. He's an average QB and one highlight (I know there are mulitiple) were he makes a good play isn't going to change that. Is he better than Jimmy? In fantasy football for sure... in reality? I'm not positive. Dak has had every single advantage since he came into the league, elite targets, elite protection and he hasn't done enough to win a playoff game.

I'm going back to what MM and Barrows said about a week ago, it is a very high probability that Jimmy is our day 1 starter.

9 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I think we should trade for Josh Allen, no wait, Mitch Trubisky, no wait, Drew Lock... Every day its someone new. Dak isn't worth 2 1sts, he isn't even worth 1 first. He's an average QB and one highlight (I know there are mulitiple) were he makes a good play isn't going to change that. Is he better than Jimmy? In fantasy football for sure... in reality? I'm not positive. Dak has had every single advantage since he came into the league, elite targets, elite protection and he hasn't done enough to win a playoff game.

I'm going back to what MM and Barrows said about a week ago, it is a very high probability that Jimmy is our day 1 starter.

I don’t know man. I think Dak is a better qb in about every single way a person can be over Jimmy. But that’s my opinion. I’m just not sold on Jimmy anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Disagree. Weapons aren't the end all be all in this argument. All the weapons in the wolrd mean nothing if the guy pulling the strings doesn't have a clue. Dak was effective despite Jason Garrett, not because of him. Most rational Cowgirls fans will tell you that. Except there are so few of them lol.

Dak would absolutely flourish in this offense. Like seriously flourish with Shanny. Scheme matters. The way Shanny works middle-out with alot of the rotue concepts would be right in Dak's wheelhouse imo. Now Dak's deep ball accuracy can fluctuate but at least he's willing to throw it, which is half the battle.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

In reality he's much better than Jimmy. He did have a rough second season, but every other year he's been well above average. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I kind of hope we do give up a first + for cousins just so I can get a dose of careful what you wish for medicine.  I feel like I need to be humbled

Quick! Say Watson would be terrible here and the biggest mistake Kyle could make would be to trade for him 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I kind of hope we do give up a first + for cousins just so I can get a dose of careful what you wish for medicine.  I feel like I need to be humbled

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29axf9oy1e5hueox3ptz

I don’t want Cousins. He makes terrible Pizza Ranch commercials.

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29axf9oy1e5hueox3ptz

I don’t want Cousins. He makes terrible Pizza Ranch commercials.

Why does kirk look like a 33 year old actor still trying to play teenagers like he's on the original 90210 or something?

I don't hate Kirk, wouldn't mind him in the team. But like Jrry felt with Stafford on the Rams, it doesn't move the needle for me. We still have the worst qb in the division. Plus fully guaranteed at 2/56?  Jimmy is 2/51 w/none, Goff 2/53 w/15.5, Tanny 2/53.5,  Wentz 2/47 w/22,   Carr 2/39 (jesus that's a steal right now lol), Stafford 2/43, . I mean, he's not out of whack, but it's also the highest and fully guaranteed. I'm not sure who's driving a market for him, so I don't know why we even entertain giving strong assets. 

• Like 1