2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

But again, I don't expect this to be real. Just that random dude from forbes lol. Ian saying no it he'd be surprised, etc. 

Honestly, if we did something like Jimmy + mid round pick for him, I'd be okay with it. Could make sense for both if Minnesota doesn't want to sit on those guarantees, meanwhile we get a guy with a better track record of staying healthy. But I just can't give up a anything super great. It's got to be spare parts. Jimmy +3 + conditional maybe. Cousins as a player is worth more than that of course, but I'd never understand why he'd have that kind of worth to this team and front office. Would be baffling and I'd seriously have no idea what this team is doing

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why does kirk look like a 33 year old actor still trying to play teenagers like he's on the original 90210 or something?

I don't hate Kirk, wouldn't mind him in the team. But like Jrry felt with Stafford on the Rams, it doesn't move the needle for me. We still have the worst qb in the division. Plus fully guaranteed at 2/56?  Jimmy is 2/51 w/none, Goff 2/53 w/15.5, Tanny 2/53.5,  Wentz 2/47 w/22,   Carr 2/39 (jesus that's a steal right now lol), Stafford 2/43, . I mean, he's not out of whack, but it's also the highest and fully guaranteed. I'm not sure who's driving a market for him, so I don't know why we even entertain giving strong assets. 

Yeah. I mean he could play well for us, but he’s certainly not worth what we’d have to give up for him or what we’d have to pay for his salary. I’m sticking to what I’ve been saying since the beginning. Take a QB high this year to groom behind Jimmy until he gets hurt again. Watson would be fun, but I can’t imagine what that’d cost. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, Forge said:

So one of those 49er guys tweeted that the Colts were out of the bidding and I posted that John Clayton had just said that they were the preferred destination for Stafford, and I got laughed at for using John Clayton as a source. 

What The Hell Is Going On GIFs | Tenor

but John Clayton is a nerrrrd

johnclayton.jpg?w=250

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The glory days have faded for sure. 

I hope I wake up and log on to the forum and see that the Texans have traded Watson to the 49ers. 

That's not going to happen. Watson is not comimg here because we are not his preferred destination. He wants to go to Florida from what I've been gathering and with a no-trade clause I don't see how we suddenly enter into the conversation. It would be different if we were his #1 choice. Then the onus would be on us to make it happen. But this isn't the case. We can throw 10 first round picks@Houston but if Watson isn't on board, it won't happen.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

That's not going to happen. Watson is not comimg here because we are not his preferred destination. He wants to go to Florida from what I've been gathering and with a no-trade clause I don't see how we suddenly enter into the conversation. It would be different if we were his #1 choice. Then the onus would be on us to make it happen. But this isn't the case. We can throw 10 first round picks@Houston but if Watson isn't on board, it won't happen.

Did you talk to Watson recently? 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

There's been no reports to suggest he won't come here or really anywhere else. He may have a favorite destination but no reports suggest he will only go there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There's been no reports to suggest he won't come here or really anywhere else. He may have a favorite destination but no reports suggest he will only go there. 

I don't think he wouldn't come here if he we were somehow able to pull it off. I just think because we aren't at the top of the list, its going to cost us ALOT more to make it happen compared to other landing spots he may prefer.