2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

This Stafford stuff turned out to be falsehoods based off either naive writers getting worked by a source or sources with an agenda, or flat out lying and hoping to get lucky. Thats what this Cousins stuff is looking like too. 

We'll probably continue to be linked to Watson & Prescott but i don't think we'll part with the picks and/or cap space necessary to acquire those players. 

Adam Peters scouted Zach Wilson last year and i think thats who we ultimately have our eyes on. It'll be a steep trade as far up to #2, but it should be less than Watson. I'd guess two 1st rounders to move up that far, unless there's a big bidding war for him.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Forge said:

Why does kirk look like a 33 year old actor still trying to play teenagers like he's on the original 90210 or something?

He gives a big James van der Beek vibe, doesn't he? JvdB, by the way, shares his birthday with Hines Ward. And me.

On 2/2/2021 at 4:08 PM, 757-NINER said:

I can get with that. I liked how varied Saleh/Oden were last year with the coverages. Injuries played a part but I think in the end, it helped us balance our lack of pass-rush and we became less predictable in against certain looks.

The best thing that came out of Sherman's injury, I feel, was that Saleh didn't seem married to the coverage scheme that made Sherman who he is. He had more freedom with Verrett and Moseley, because he didn't have to play to Sherman's strengths (and limitations). All year, our DBs not named Marcell Harris always looked very well prepared out there. Very rarely were they outschemed. Hopefully we can continue that.

Edited by rudyZ
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If Carr got traded, I 100% believe that he really would return a really good package. That contract right now is awesome in comparison to his peers. Do I think that they are shopping him ? Probably not, though I could see people calling him. All these reports to make this kind of move just to acquire Watson seems ill advised if Houston isn't trading him lol. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

If Carr got traded, I 100% believe that he really would return a really good package. That contract right now is awesome in comparison to his peers. Do I think that they are shopping him ? Probably not, though I could see people calling him. All these reports to make this kind of move just to acquire Watson seems ill advised if Houston isn't trading him lol. 

Very true but I would love Carr for Shanny. If we could somehow managed to get him I'd absolutely be on board for the right price.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I agree with a team like the colts would the raiders take a 1st and a 2nd? I don't buy anyone would trade 2 first for carr. Lions took back goff I think there's a big reason they got a 2nd first.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I agree with a team like the colts would the raiders take a 1st and a 2nd? I don't buy anyone would trade 2 first for carr. Lions took back goff I think there's a big reason they got a 2nd first.

I think people are misfiring on the Goff negative equity in that deal, personally. I think the main reason they got two firsts was because neither of those first round picks was this year. Those aren't as valuable. They are worthwhile to take a shot on, but if the Rams had come to me and offered those two picks for #12, I'd say no. I definitely wouldn't have taken them for pick 8 which Carolina apparently offered. I think Goff + 3rd rounder was the perceived difference between Carolina's #8 & late round pick and the two future firsts offered by the Rams. Remember, the Lions' GM is the guy who evaluated and scouted Goff in college. I think the Lions actually wanted Goff. 

But I do think that the price point for Carr would be 1 + 3 or 1 + 2 (second pick maybe conditional). Agree with that. Depends on how high the first round pick is as well. 

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/report-washington-could-pursue-derek-carr-3-way-deshaun-watson-trade

The suggested trade would require Washington to send two first-round draft picks to Vegas for Carr, and the Raiders would then flip those picks along with two first-round picks of their own to Houston to land disgruntled QB Deshaun Watson. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/report-washington-could-pursue-derek-carr-3-way-deshaun-watson-trade

The suggested trade would require Washington to send two first-round draft picks to Vegas for Carr, and the Raiders would then flip those picks along with two first-round picks of their own to Houston to land disgruntled QB Deshaun Watson. 

Yikes! That is pretty steep for BOTH QBs, IMO.

• Like 1