2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Does anyone else think miami made a mistake with what they did with with their their offensive coaching moves.

Eric Studesville, previously Miami's RB coach, will serve as "Run Game Coordinator"; while George Godsey, previously Miami's TE coach, will serve as "Pass Game Coordinator. The Miami Dolphins had Eric Studesville and George Godsey share play-calling duties last week, calling plays for the team’s offense at the Senior Bowl, and it appears that partnership will carry over to the regular season.

Will a move like this turn off watson off them when we have such a better offensive mind calling plays and so will other teams. 

Schefter repeating what most have said about Jimmy G and some other thoughts on his podcast spot with Guy/Middlekauff:

-Team likes Jimmy G and are fine going forward with him but doesn't mean they won't look around if someone better is available.

-Has not heard at all that Cousins is available and does not know where the rumors started.

-Unclear about Carr since there are rumors every single year with him.

-Ryan is going to play another year at least in Atlanta.

-Sees no reason why Saleh would name Darnold is a starter and box himself in. Thinks he may go for a late 1st if traded depending on the QB situations around the league. If teams miss out on QBs in the draft or even the available QBs via trade, a team may throw a late 1st or 2nd rounder for him. Stafford going for what he did opens up teams throwing a late first for him.

-Texans "just aren't there" in looking at potential trades for Watson. Schefter doesn't agree that they think Watson is there QB and will be their QB but there's no desperation yet. 

-Question asked about the Colts potentially bringing back Luck but he's heard nothing that he wants to come back to football. 

-Some issues with Packers and Rodgers and that is obvious to everyone. Rodgers knows the history of teams drafting a first round QB with an aging QB as he was there...but the opposite spectrum. Money may be able to smooth things over.

-Has not heard anything is imminent regarding a big QB being moved soon. 

Schefter is a busy man, props for them to get him on for even 16 or so minutes. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Schefter repeating what most have said about Jimmy G and some other thoughts on his podcast spot with Guy/Middlekauff:

-Team likes Jimmy G and are fine going forward with him but doesn't mean they won't look around if someone better is available.

-Has not heard at all that Cousins is available and does not know where the rumors started.

-Unclear about Carr since there are rumors every single year with him.

-Ryan is going to play another year at least in Atlanta.

-Sees no reason why Saleh would name Darnold is a starter and box himself in. Thinks he may go for a late 1st if traded depending on the QB situations around the league. If teams miss out on QBs in the draft or even the available QBs via trade, a team may throw a late 1st or 2nd rounder for him. Stafford going for what he did opens up teams throwing a late first for him.

-Texans "just aren't there" in looking at potential trades for Watson. Schefter doesn't agree that they think Watson is there QB and will be their QB but there's no desperation yet. 

-Question asked about the Colts potentially bringing back Luck but he's heard nothing that he wants to come back to football. 

-Some issues with Packers and Rodgers and that is obvious to everyone. Rodgers knows the history of teams drafting a first round QB with an aging QB as he was there...but the opposite spectrum. Money may be able to smooth things over.

-Has not heard anything is imminent regarding a big QB being moved soon. 

Schefter is a busy man, props for them to get him on for even 16 or so minutes. 

Yeah, I mean at this point its very clear what direction we are heading. We weren't in on Stafford that much, and obviously the price point of some of these guys is just going to push us off acquiring them. I think guys like Cousins and Carr are better than Jimmy, but I don't want Cousins' contract and Carr is too close to Jimmy to be worth what he's going to cost in a trade. We aren't desperate enough to make those type of moves and are just waiting for the perfect situation. 

My guess is that we will run it back with Jimmy, draft someone like Trask in round 2 or trade up in round 3 or something. The only question I really have is whether or not we are going to take a guy in the first. I go back and forth on that with a slight lean toward no simply because I don't think that we want to trade the assets it would require to move up that high and draft a QB. 

I don’t hate going QB in the third, even for a high end backup. Given the issues. We’ve had at QB, not just with Jimmy, but the entire room, some depth their would be a very, very good thing. I just don’t want to get into QB purgatory because it won’t take a whole lot for Trask or Newman to outplay someone like Jimmy G but not actually be “franchise caliber:”, especially given how much JImmy G tends to get injured. 

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I mean at this point its very clear what direction we are heading. We weren't in on Stafford that much, and obviously the price point of some of these guys is just going to push us off acquiring them. I think guys like Cousins and Carr are better than Jimmy, but I don't want Cousins' contract and Carr is too close to Jimmy to be worth what he's going to cost in a trade. We aren't desperate enough to make those type of moves and are just waiting for the perfect situation. 

My guess is that we will run it back with Jimmy, draft someone like Trask in round 2 or trade up in round 3 or something. The only question I really have is whether or not we are going to take a guy in the first. I go back and forth on that with a slight lean toward no simply because I don't think that we want to trade the assets it would require to move up that high and draft a QB. 

Agreed. I don’t think we will trade up either unless someone we thought wouldn’t slide starts to. Besides that I think we will hold firm and take a OT or corner depending on how this FA goes. We will more than likely take a qb later in the draft like Trask or Mond. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol of course. 

How much longer until we start hearing Darnold to SF rumors? 

You're jumping the gun. Derek Carr is the feature on this week's episode of 49ers Rumors that People Make Up! I've heard casting rumors that Darnold will be on next week's episode, but I don't want to get all spoilery.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, John232 said:

I don’t hate going QB in the third, even for a high end backup. Given the issues. We’ve had at QB, not just with Jimmy, but the entire room, some depth their would be a very, very good thing. I just don’t want to get into QB purgatory because it won’t take a whole lot for Trask or Newman to outplay someone like Jimmy G but not actually be “franchise caliber:”, especially given how much JImmy G tends to get injured. 

I'll be curious where Newman ends up going. He had a strong first day of practice at the senior bowl, but then was terrible for the remainder of them. 

I don't know, I just want us to be bold. I feel like not being bold is what lead us to drafting CJ Beathard. My stance is pretty much set in stone on this one and I think it's just flies against what is the most likely scenario for the niners, which kind of sucks lol

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll be curious where Newman ends up going. He had a strong first day of practice at the senior bowl, but then was terrible for the remainder of them. 

I don't know, I just want us to be bold. I feel like not being bold is what lead us to drafting CJ Beathard. My stance is pretty much set in stone on this one and I think it's just flies against what is the most likely scenario for the niners, which kind of sucks lol

Trading up for CJ is a pretty bold move.

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Newman was lousy in that game, IMO and 

And how did that go?! 🙄

Newman is not a guy I want to draft at any point in those 3 days. I will take him as a FA, but that's it. Was not impressed with him at all. 

About as well as almost everything thought the day we drafted him. Was more bold in the sense it made no sense at all to trade up for a guy like CJ.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol 😂 well played

Since shanny and Lynch have arrived here, I don't believe there has ever been a bigger discrepancy in a prospect eval between myself and the team. 

I think Greenlaw was one i really didn't like as well as Warner(thought we picked him a few round too early). Guess i should not evaluate linebackers. 

With the whole QB situation i hope Shanalynch are enamored with one of the top QB's in the draft and we will be aggressive in going and getting that guy/one of those guys.