Jump to content

2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9


Recommended Posts

Eagles getting calls on Wentz and Schefter thinks he will be traded. Originally, I thought he was the type of guy that would appeal to the 9ers because you could maybe just give up a conditional pick *next* year for his services so itd be more in line with the price point we like to be aggressive at.  However Schefty thinks that the eagles are in no hurry to trade him and will only do so for a premium pick in return. That makes me feel better. I understand the appeal of Wentz; lots of really good tape, superior physical talent to Jimmy...but it's asking him to come back from a lot and I despise all the things I hear about him from a mental standpoint. Happy to stay out of that one and glad that it sounds like he'll be out of our desired price range. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And the refs "missed" the "hug" Fisher was giving Bosa that enabled that pass to be completed! 

Since we're ripping old wounds open....

  • Jimmy overthrew Sanders by at least 5-6 yards
  • The holds on Bosa were obscene and very frustrating
  • The OPI on Kittle at the end of the 1st half was a huge blow
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Forge said:

Eagles getting calls on Wentz and Schefter thinks he will be traded. Originally, I thought he was the type of guy that would appeal to the 9ers because you could maybe just give up a conditional pick *next* year for his services so itd be more in line with the price point we like to be aggressive at.  However Schefty thinks that the eagles are in no hurry to trade him and will only do so for a premium pick in return. That makes me feel better. I understand the appeal of Wentz; lots of really good tape, superior physical talent to Jimmy...but it's asking him to come back from a lot and I despise all the things I hear about him from a mental standpoint. Happy to stay out of that one and glad that it sounds like he'll be out of our desired price range. 

Nope, not interested in any reclamation projects at this point. Darnold may fall into that category as well. He has BAD tape regardless of the inferior tape.

This team legit is still loaded and ready to win now. Only way you reset it a bit is drafting a rookie QB and even then we should be okay with how Shanahan can draw up easy enough throws to be effective. Going cheaper allows us to sign more top free agents and makes the roster stronger to overcome a rookie QB. But going after someone like Wentz who has a big contract and we don't know if he can be fixed? HARD pass there. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope, not interested in any reclamation projects at this point. Darnold may fall into that category as well. He has BAD tape regardless of the inferior tape.

This team legit is still loaded and ready to win now. Only way you reset it a bit is drafting a rookie QB and even then we should be okay with how Shanahan can draw up easy enough throws to be effective. Going cheaper allows us to sign more top free agents and makes the roster stronger to overcome a rookie QB. But going after someone like Wentz who has a big contract and we don't know if he can be fixed? HARD pass there. 

I have no interest in Darnold either. I get the appeal to him, but that offense ran worse with him than it did with Flacco for al ot of the time. I feel like Darnold is a 2 year thing to be honest and his rookie deal only has one more year on it. Kind of ruins it for me. 

I've always been all in on the rookie route, even if that means you have to have sort of a reboot year in year one. I'd rather do that, get Warner locked in this year, Bosa next year while a rookie QB is on that deal and time my contracts out. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have no interest in Darnold either. I get the appeal to him, but that offense ran worse with him than it did with Flacco for al ot of the time. I feel like Darnold is a 2 year thing to be honest and his rookie deal only has one more year on it. Kind of ruins it for me. 

I've always been all in on the rookie route, even if that means you have to have sort of a reboot year in year one. I'd rather do that, get Warner locked in this year, Bosa next year while a rookie QB is on that deal and time my contracts out. 

Sadly this is what is best for us in the long run. WE could probably still push for a wildcard spot but baby steps I guess. 

This was probably the biggest fear for me after we lost in the SB. A lost year and Jimmy just not being THE guy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sadly this is what is best for us in the long run. WE could probably still push for a wildcard spot but baby steps I guess. 

This was probably the biggest fear for me after we lost in the SB. A lost year and Jimmy just not being THE guy....

Hard to admit, but there was always a very reasonable shot that our window was only 1-2 years. I've been prepping for a soft reboot for next year for a while now, which is why I want to go after the QB in the draft. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hard to admit, but there was always a very reasonable shot that our window was only 1-2 years. I've been prepping for a soft reboot for next year for a while now, which is why I want to go after the QB in the draft. 

Don't get me wrong. I wanted Stafford. Still want Watson but a part of me wants Kyle to start off fresh and pair himself with a top tier Rookie eventually.

 

Also if we resign Verrett and Mosley, I would prefer the QB route with our first round pick. We could use a replacement for Ford but we could find someone later on in the draft....

Edited by NcFinest9erFan
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Don't get me wrong. I wanted Stafford. Still want Watson but a part of me wants Kyle to start off fresh and pair himself with a top tier Rookie eventually.

 

Also if we resign Verrett and Mosley, I would prefer the QB route with our first round pick. We could use a replacement for Ford but we could find someone later on in the draft....

The veteran QB's available are all very costly in terms of picks (Watson) cap space (Prescott) or just uninspiring in general (everyone else). 

I'm also all in on a rookie QB. Lawrence is unobtainable. None of the guys like Trask, Jones, etc really excite me. So i'd be happy with one of Wilson, Fields, or Lance. I hope we draft one of the 3. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

The veteran QB's available are all very costly in terms of picks (Watson) cap space (Prescott) or just uninspiring in general (everyone else). 

I'm also all in on a rookie QB. Lawrence is unobtainable. None of the guys like Trask, Jones, etc really excite me. So i'd be happy with one of Wilson, Fields, or Lance. I hope we draft one of the 3. 

 

After Lawrence, the only ones in the 1st I would feel in any way confident are Wilson & Jones. Fields, Lance, et al really scare me. Physically gifted, but we need mental acrobatics in this O, not so much physical. Athleticism is a bonus, football intelligence and rapid recognition are a must. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

After Lawrence, the only ones in the 1st I would feel in any way confident are Wilson & Jones. Fields, Lance, et al really scare me. Physically gifted, but we need mental acrobatics in this O, not so much physical. Athleticism is a bonus, football intelligence and rapid recognition are a must. 

 

25 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

The veteran QB's available are all very costly in terms of picks (Watson) cap space (Prescott) or just uninspiring in general (everyone else). 

I'm also all in on a rookie QB. Lawrence is unobtainable. None of the guys like Trask, Jones, etc really excite me. So i'd be happy with one of Wilson, Fields, or Lance. I hope we draft one of the 3. 

 

For some reason I like Jones now..wasn't a fan but hey give him weapons and he makes playsright?

After Lawrence and Wilson, its Lance for me. Especially if we run it back with Jimmy, Lance could sit and learn for a year. 

Dak is intruging because he could come free outside of a big deal as me and Forge had a short convo on Dak somewhere in this thread but we could always backload his deal to help us out this year. 

 

Edited by NcFinest9erFan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Forge said:

Momma raise your kids to be long snappers. 

Seriously. Don Muhlbach has made about 1M a season over a 13 year career. 

As long as they don't grow up to be Cowboys.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...