2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It's honestly the move I feel most comfortable will happen lol. I don't think he's great any more, but he's been very durable, which hell, at this point may mean even more. He did suffer a concussion at the end of the season, which is a little worrisome, but the dude has largely been an iron man. 

I'm super stoked to overpay another one of Kyle's guys! Let's make him the highest paid center of all time, who cares what his market is like, go get him within 10 minutes of free agency! 

Why bother drafting any interior linemen??No sir, wouldn't want any depth there. 

Just now, N4L said:

I'm super stoked to overpay another one of Kyle's guys! Let's make him the highest paid center of all time, who cares what his market is like, go get him within 10 minutes of free agency! 

Why bother drafting any interior linemen??No sir, wouldn't want any depth there. 

We probably will draft someone, but it'll likely be on day three. I feel like Kyle is probably averse to handing off that kind of responsibility to a rookie. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

We probably will draft someone, but it'll likely be on day three. I feel like Kyle is probably averse to handing off that kind of responsibility to a rookie. 

My point was that we should have drafted a center 2 years ago. We neglect the interior OL like we neglect DE. Makes no sense to me. Every year all of the fans want to upgrade those spots, and every year we punt on them. Just like we will do at QB this year 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, N4L said:

My point was that we should have drafted a center 2 years ago. We neglect the interior OL like we neglect DE. Makes no sense to me. Every year all of the fans want to upgrade those spots, and every year we punt on them. Just like we will do at QB this year 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886s2burez6chdav3vb1y

13 hours ago, N4L said:

I think spending a first and a second on Bosa and Ford isn't really neglecting DE. And could even argue Solly. Yeah we haven't taken anyone in the late rounds outside of of Pita but to say we neglected DE isn't true. Interior OL(outside of center where we signed Richburg to a pretty big contract for a C) we have neglected and when you look back at anywhere where Shanahan or someone from that tree has gone G hasn't been a position they heavily invested it and i don't think that will change. That guys get injured or are dissapointments doesn't mean they get neglected and you simply have limited possibilites both in the talent available at each of your picks/how much you want to invest in a certain spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

I think spending a first and a second on Bosa and Ford isn't really neglecting DE. And could even argue Solly. Yeah we haven't taken anyone in the late rounds outside of of Pita but to say we neglected DE isn't true. Interior OL(outside of center where we signed Richburg to a pretty big contract for a C) we have neglected and when you look back at anywhere where Shanahan or someone from that tree has gone G hasn't been a position they heavily invested it and i don't think that will change. That guys get injured or are dissapointments doesn't mean they get neglected and you simply have limited possibilites both in the talent available at each of your picks/how much you want to invest in a certain spot.

Yea interior O-Line is just never going to be a position Shanny feels need to be priortize. Sad but that's just how it shakes out. 

One of the most significant benefits of this rushing scheme is that it doesn’t require an elite-level interior guys to function. You don’t need to create movement. Instead you need to reach, scoop, get in position, seal and get to the second level to cut off the back side. This makes average linemen look good, and good linemen look great. That's why you can stick a OT@OG like Brunskill and it still functions for the most part.

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea interior O-Line is just never going to be a position Shanny feels need to be priortize. Sad but that's just how it shakes out. 

One of the most significant benefits of this rushing scheme is that it doesn’t require an elite-level interior guys to function. You don’t need to create movement. Instead you need to reach, scoop, get in position, seal and get to the second level to cut off the back side. This makes average linemen look good, and good linemen look great. That's why you can stick a OT@OG like Brunskill and it still functions for the most part.

Main problem that is starting to grow with each year is the amount of teams runnings offshoots of this system also looking for the same types. Basically why you see different schemes get succes and then fading out is the talent that is available for those systems. Especially on the interior O-Line the difference between Power and outside Zone is pretty large. You always have freaks like Nelson who no matter what system would have been great but just looking at the draft last year you can clearly see the zone guys getting draft way earlier than the power guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, we want a first rounder for a guy who may or may not be broken and one that was benched for a rookie this past season.

NFL is f'n ridiculous and the funny part is some team probably WILL give up a 1st rounder for him thinking they can turn him around. WILD!

Just now, Forge said:

I didn't have any interest, but damn this Wentz thing blows my mind lol

He was absolutely brutal last year and also had a ton of injuries. Couple that with that contract and yeah color me suprised if he gets traded for a first. Kinda get it if its the Colts given the Reich connection but still.

Please no, and Jimmy wouldn't accept a trade to a dumpster fire situation…. 0r would he? 

I'm still intrigued at Schefter throwing out the Dak possibility. It was more of a general statement but he basically made it be known that the Cowboys may choose to pass on tagging him. Highly unlikely but still something to watch.