2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Please no, and Jimmy wouldn't accept a trade to a dumpster fire situation…. 0r would he? 

I'm still intrigued at Schefter throwing out the Dak possibility. It was more of a general statement but he basically made it be known that the Cowboys may choose to pass on tagging him. Highly unlikely but still something to watch. 

I know that Shanny has said nice things about Wentz in the past, but I don't know how you hear things about him and his personality, being uncoachable, and think that he'd be a good fit in your offense if you're shanny. I really can't imagine we are in on this if it's really going to cost a first

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

One day, someone win have to explain the megatron 1st ballot, Patty not being a finalist for multiple years thing to me

Leaving Willis out of this convo...I don't get Johnson 1st ballot. Must be the nice guy and feel bad for him playing his whole career in Det. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I know that Shanny has said nice things about Wentz in the past, but I don't know how you hear things about him and his personality, being uncoachable, and think that he'd be a good fit in your offense if you're shanny. I really can't imagine we are in on this if it's really going to cost a first

Agreed 100%. Can we just kill this dumb rumor already?? 

Kyle has zero interest in playing with Wentz. All of the stuff that drives Kyle nuts, is stuff Wentz does on the regular. He tries too hard to be Superman and make plays outside of the playcall. He holds the ball too long, makes too many negative plays. 

Kyle has traditionally wanted someone who played exclusively within his offense. He calls plays and wants the ball to go somewhere specific. Maybe he has realized you need someone who can also make the occasional play on their own (that's what I'm hoping for at least, because he needs to reevaluate how he chooses QBs) but I just can't see him looking at Wentz and signing up for Wentz to try and play outside of the structure of our offense and completely ruin all of his play calls. 

I really don't think Kyle wants to "fix" any QB like Tua, darnold, wentz etc. I don't even know if he is willing to develop a rookie, but at least with a rookie it's a completely clean slate. Wentz needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom and I'm not willing to bet a year of bosas rookie deal, of Kittles career, of deebo and aiyuks rookie deals, of Warner's rookie deal, on Wentz figuring it out.

I'm out on Wentz even if he cost 15m, but at 30+??? Hard pass. Hardest pass you can imagine. 

PLEASE LET THESE DUMB RUMORS DIE! 

11 minutes ago, sherm said:

Leaving Willis out of this convo...I don't get Johnson 1st ballot. Must be the nice guy and feel bad for him playing his whole career in Det. 

He absolutely deserved it, he's one of the best of all time. It wasn't sympathy imo 

I'm legitimately mad that he made it, but Willis didn't make the final round. It makes no sense. The only reason I can think of is that Johnson plays WR and fantasy football drives media hype. Other than the fact Johnson plays a flashier position and was on a worse team, they had the same career and retired for the same reasons 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

I wouldnt be opposed to this if shanahan thinks he can fix him. But wouldn't want to offer much for him his done to warrant more than a 3rd rounder for me. 

I'd be willing to give a 2nd this year. Or a 3rd this year and next year. I don't think one 3rd would be enough to get him tbh. Despite how he looked under Gase, I think enough ppl around the league still see talent there to where he'll fetch decent compensation. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I'd be willing to give a 2nd this year. Or a 3rd this year and next year. I don't think one 3rd would be enough to get him tbh. Despite how he looked under Gase, I think enough ppl around the league still see talent there to where he'll fetch decent compensation. 

Schefty said before that he thought darnold would cost a first. 

At this point, the cost to acquire these guys is just way out of whack. I don't blame the team for sticking with Jimmy lol