2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly no way i would take that offer from the Rams if that was what Carolina offered.

They clearly really wanted goff. Not sure how anyone thinks he had negative value after that. But man, what a misfire by detroit. Carolinas offer is definitely the way to go.

If I were a detroit fan, that wouldn't inspire confidence

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

They clearly really wanted goff. Not sure how anyone thinks he had negative value after that. But man, what a misfire by detroit. Carolinas offer is definitely the way to go.

If I were a detroit fan, that wouldn't inspire confidence

Given the GM coming from the Rams he must have thought really high about Goff and yeah he is a better QB than Bridgewater but would anyone trade the 8th pick and a 5th for two future(probably late alltough you never know look at the Dolphins) firsts and a third. Could be they valued the futures higher because of the crazy year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Could Darnold be the next Tannehill? A top QB prospect that had zero support but then goes off to actually be good somewhere else? 

If the Jets would take a 2022 3rd, I’d do that right now. 

I think tannehill had better play in his lost years, but I think there's still upside with darnold. The contract really is an awkward spot though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Could Darnold be the next Tannehill? A top QB prospect that had zero support but then goes off to actually be good somewhere else? 

If the Jets would take a 2022 3rd, I’d do that right now. 

Tannehill had shown way more before going to the Titans than Darnold ever has. Tannehill in years 2 to 4 threw for just under to over 4000 yards on a team that wasn't really that talented. Then Gase came in and he had a bad year before tearing his ACL which cost him a full season. 2018 wasn't great with Gase still in place before he left to the Titans where he so far has basically replicated what he did in 2013-2015.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Tannehill had shown way more before going to the Titans than Darnold ever has. Tannehill in years 2 to 4 threw for just under to over 4000 yards on a team that wasn't really that talented. Then Gase came in and he had a bad year before tearing his ACL which cost him a full season. 2018 wasn't great with Gase still in place before he left to the Titans where he so far has basically replicated what he did in 2013-2015.

This is how I view it as well. Tannehill had peaks and valleys. I've yet to see peaks from Darnold. It's not a fair comparison because of the play time difference, but I'm pretty concerned by the fact that the Jets offense seemed to be a slightly more functional with broken down Joe Flacco than Sam Darnold. I will give credit to Darnold for the Rams game though. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol, Shanahan being VERY high on Darnold, eh? 

And then why would NE trade for Jimmy when they can get him for free in free agency? 

Remember when we had a chance to maybe draft darnold and decided to trade for Jimmy g instead? I'm sure shanny loves Sam 😂

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Remember when we had a chance to maybe draft darnold and decided to trade for Jimmy g instead? I'm sure shanny loves Sam 😂

This supposed Darnold love seems so manufactured. The Jets and Darnold's agent are working the media very hard. Either they are confident they can get Watson or they are taking Fields/Wilson at #2. Stop talking about how talented Darnold is when his play has been terrible and he is a bit of a project to whatever team that trades for him. 

The best thing I heard was when Stafford got traded to the Rams, a bunch of players started texting him wanting to come to LA. Righttttt, because Stafford has SOOO much clout and respect around the league like he's Watson or Mahomes L-O-L. Forget the fact the Rams are in a tough position in terms of cap, but the guy Schefter goes on to mention texting him was Marvin Jones 😂.

I get it, even Woj does this crap but they need to stop this. You are not fooling anyone, you are doing PR for a team or an agent when it is completely unnecessary.