2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

9er twitter going bonkers over Sam Darnold now is hilarious to me. People really looking at it like it's a good move 

Is it the same people that were saying the Niners were close on Stafford? 

I don't get it…. Well, I kind of do, a large part of the fan base wants to move on from Jimmy. But lawd, not every available QB is the way to go here. We continue being linked to every single QB. 

Folks are trying to force a QB move here when Shanny/Lynch aren't probably thinking like that at all. 

I still think there is a solid chance we trade up for a QB in the draft, but it's either that or just sticking with Jimmy. Of course if they have a chance at Watson they will go for it, but who knows how that saga plays out. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly no way i would take that offer from the Rams if that was what Carolina offered.

2 1st better than 1. Also Goff is young enough that he can either work out for them or be flipped for 2nd or 3rd rd pick. Rams deal was better IMO.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, this is a point I keep neglecting and should account for

Det is in need real full rebuild. Any extra 1st rd picks they can get they need to take them. Yeah the #8 pick is great but Det is not 1 draft away. 

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

2 1st better than 1. Also Goff is young enough that he can either work out for them or be flipped for 2nd or 3rd rd pick. Rams deal was better IMO.

Pick 8 is worth way more than two presumably late 1sts. If they had 8 and traded back to say 25(just throwing out a random number) you can no doubt get a first next year along with that. Sure Goff>Bridgewater but who know how Goff will look like out of the comforts of McVay's system. His first year he was not good and then under McVay he never took that second step forward to that top 10. The third is way better than the 5th too so i give you that but in any "normal" year and looking at the trade value chart only when they can pick earlier than 26th in both drafts the 8th pick is a lower value.

We really had a choice between Brady & Jimmy G last offseason and chose Jimmy smh

Even with all our injuries, if we had a competent QB who didn't turn the ball over like crazy, we at least make the playoffs. 

Im a raptors fan as well. I said it last year and i'll say it again, moving on from Jimmy G to Brady would have been like moving on from Derozan to Leonard. Derozan was a solid player loved by the fans and city but he wasn't getting it done i the playoffs. Sometimes you have to be bold to win championships 

Just hope we can get our QB play sorted out next season, whether thats Jimmy G improving, or upgrading in the draft/trade/fa

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We really had a choice between Brady & Jimmy G last offseason and chose Jimmy smh

Even with all our injuries, if we had a competent QB who didn't turn the ball over like crazy, we at least make the playoffs. 

Im a raptors fan as well. I said it last year and i'll say it again, moving on from Jimmy G to Brady would have been like moving on from Derozan to Leonard. Derozan was a solid player loved by the fans and city but he wasn't getting it done i the playoffs. Sometimes you have to be bold to win championships 

Just hope we can get our QB play sorted out next season, whether thats Jimmy G improving, or upgrading in the draft/trade/fa

Obviously it looks bad but let's not act like Brady didn't pretty mediocre last season for large stretches. His supporting cast was crap and that much was clear, but he didn't look like this. The Bucs were a GREAT situation for him with a top 5 OL and having the most weapons in the league. 

Brady definitely takes us to the playoffs, but I don't know if he's able to run the table with the amount of injuries this team was dealing with. The OL is also terrible in pass protection and that would have been a problem. 

Don't worry, we will be getting Watson soon enough! 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Keep fighting the good fight!

JLC said "we are very interested" though!!! LOL, what kind of report is that?? OF COURSE THE NINERS ARE INTERESTED IN WATSON.....Like 20 other teams!

But I think if Watson is moved, the Niners will be one of the finalist. Jets have to be the favorites along with the Dolphins, but after that it has to be us in the mix. Panthers will come out guns and blazing and would put up Burns and anyone else they want so I hope they go make a move for a QB soon and are out of the Watson mix lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not super surprised. That relationship has definitely had some ups and downs and I think PP is trending the wrong direction. He's not going to age like some of these guys. Right call from both to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I saw this and read the article. Was curious who the third team was, but it didn't say. So still likely the colts / bears. 

More than anything, i Just want to see the compensation. Teams are clearly very bullish on him still. I get it to a point, but such a bad season with that contract where you basically are locked in for 2 years...that's scary to me. 

https://art19.com/shows/49ers-talk

Maiocco's latest podcast (recorded last night)

There's a conversation with Chris Simms there too, who is a close friend to Shanny. Says that the Niners respect Jimmy G, notes when he was healthy they made a SB. But he hasn't been healthy enough. Also says they will explore/explored "superstar" talents like Rodgers & Stafford. They will only go after someone who moves the needle and is clearly a better option. So, you can rule out tier B options like Winston, Dalton, Went, Darnold, etc. However, while we probably did like Stafford, we clearly weren't willing to pay 2 1st round picks

When asked if the Niners would trade up for a QB, he says the guy "that makes sense in the Shanahan system" is Zach Wilson, but also says the team is in the SB window and questions if they'll want to spend a year of their SB window on a rookie QB. 

RE: Watson, doesn't think he will want to go to the Jets, thinks he'll want to go to a contender who needs a QB. Thinks it'll be around 3 1st round picks and 2 big-time players but doesn't think Bosa will be included in any package.

And finally, if not a QB at 12, it'll probably be a DE or CB

And to expand on the big-time players; its a little vague. I'm guessing it won't be a calibre of player like Bosa, Warner, Kittle, or maybe even Aiyuk. Probably a tier below, a calibre like Samuel, Armstead, Ward, Greenlaw, etc 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1