2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounds like no deal with Saleh. He's headed to Philly to interview. Jets twitter not enjoying the turn of events lol

I wouldn't even interview for that job if I was Saleh. I was hoping he'd land with the Jets as my buddy is a Jets fan and they could use something positive. If I'm Saleh I'm staying put unless is NYJ, JAC, or LAC. I'm sure he'll consider all options, but Philly and Houston are both train wrecks right now and I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Side note...worst case scenario ever....Saleh takes Lafleur, Seattle hires McD to be OC LOL

It seems like Carroll wants a lot of say in the offense. Which is his right as an HC of course, but idk if him & McD would sync up well

Edited by 49ersfan

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

It seems like Carroll wants a lot of say in the offense. Which is his right as an OC of course, but idk if him & McD would sync up well

Carroll has historically been a defensive coach. Not saying that you are wrong that he should have say in how his offense is run, just throwing it out there. 

You'd think we've won 2 superbowls the way other teams are about to poach our coaching staff & fo 

Shanny & Lynch are the main guys. They'll cycle through FO types, DC's, offensive coaches. We just have to hope the internal guys underneath them have been developing, and that we have a good eye for external hires. 

We lost Joe Woods to Cleveland last year, he was a great DB coach. Still got a good replacement for him in Tony Oden. Just have to hope that we've got replacements lined up for whoever we lose

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Definitely, which freaking sucks 

Shame they passed a rule that we can't block people for lateral jobs elsewhere. Maybe promote McDaniels to asst HC? 

Assistent HC doesn't do anything. There are two distinctions. Either you have playcalling or you don't. So only way to block him would be Shanny giving up playcalling. Which then can lead to a mess where guys are getting "Playcalling" only for it to change before the season.

Edited by Justone2