2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

13 hours ago, JIllg said:

Taylor Mays?

Taylor Mays was fun in Madden, but what made Lewis so fun for me was a glitch I discovered in one of the early 2000's editions. I found that on kickoffs, if I used the guy who was like a person or two away from the kicker on the kickoff team and hold down the sprint button and loop all the way to the sideline, no one would ever pick my guy up. So, it was always an automatic tackle at 10 or 15. 

Keith Lewis was the guy in that formation. This is how I got him 150 tackles and a pro-bowl nod every year 😀

But in all seriousness, Tony Parrish was my guy IRL. Man, he looked like a ninja turtle with his bald head and he was a beast safety. 

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

I cannot believe how big that got on 9ers twitter. Jesus. Listening to the pod, it was kind of clearly just a back and forth discussion (though LOL at Britt in that conversation) 

ANY Watson news or any 49ers news is going to get big attention with 9ers twitter. 

I will say Jeremy Fowler throwing out 49ers as one of Watson's preference teams to be moved to means something at least. This guy is as good as it gets with his reports. Doesn't do it often but when he does, he knows something is up. First guy to throw out the Rams interest in Stafford. 

HOWEVER, he also wrote we may have lost our chance to re-signing Trent Williams so hope that isn't the case Ha. 

Houston is going to eventually wilt under pressure and move him, but just going to depend how long they plan on dragging this out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

ANY Watson news or any 49ers news is going to get big attention with 9ers twitter. 

I will say Jeremy Fowler throwing out 49ers as one of Watson's preference teams to be moved to means something at least. This guy is as good as it gets with his reports. Doesn't do it often but when he does, he knows something is up. First guy to throw out the Rams interest in Stafford. 

HOWEVER, he also wrote we may have lost our chance to re-signing Trent Williams so hope that isn't the case Ha. 

Houston is going to eventually wilt under pressure and move him, but just going to depend how long they plan on dragging this out. 

Seems like the Dolphins/Jets talk was just the Texans FO blowing smoke....what a coincidence that two teams Watson wanted to go to would have multiple 1st rounders this year + the 2nd/3rd overall pick 

Since nobody is bringing them up as options anymore....seems like he doesn't want to really go to either spot. 

If its between us or Denver, well i just hope the Texans would prefer to trade him out of the conference. We already know they turned down an offer from the Ravens for Hopkins and traded him to Arizona instead, so there's precedent. 

16 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Seems like the Dolphins/Jets talk was just the Texans FO blowing smoke....what a coincidence that two teams Watson wanted to go to would have multiple 1st rounders this year + the 2nd/3rd overall pick 

Since nobody is bringing them up as options anymore....seems like he doesn't want to really go to either spot. 

If its between us or Denver, well i just hope the Texans would prefer to trade him out of the conference. We already know they turned down an offer from the Ravens for Hopkins and traded him to Arizona instead, so there's precedent. 

He does seem to be willing to go to the Dolphins from what Fowler was saying. Or at least he's more amenable to going there than he is New York. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Taylor Mays was fun in Madden, but what made Lewis so fun for me was a glitch I discovered in one of the early 2000's editions. I found that on kickoffs, if I used the guy who was like a person or two away from the kicker on the kickoff team and hold down the sprint button and loop all the way to the sideline, no one would ever pick my guy up. So, it was always an automatic tackle at 10 or 15. 

Keith Lewis was the guy in that formation. This is how I got him 150 tackles and a pro-bowl nod every year 😀

But in all seriousness, Tony Parrish was my guy IRL. Man, he looked like a ninja turtle with his bald head and he was a beast safety. 

My brother in law was working for Nextel or Motorola when they were sponsors for the Niners back in the day, and he scored my pops and I tickets to the Niners draft party. It was the 2005 Alex Smith draft. Got to meet Alley-oop Owens and YA Tittle. YA wore a leather helmet in a picture with my dad - awesome. Anyway, had lunch with Tony Parrish, and by god, he was a mountain of a man. Absolutely cool guy, but a neck that seemed bigger than his head. 

47 minutes ago, Dutch said:

My brother in law was working for Nextel or Motorola when they were sponsors for the Niners back in the day, and he scored my pops and I tickets to the Niners draft party. It was the 2005 Alex Smith draft. Got to meet Alley-oop Owens and YA Tittle. YA wore a leather helmet in a picture with my dad - awesome. Anyway, had lunch with Tony Parrish, and by god, he was a mountain of a man. Absolutely cool guy, but a neck that seemed bigger than his head. 

Oh, the Takeo Spikes special, neat!

Also, that's really awesome and I'm very jealous. I bet that was a blast.

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Fowler mentioned 49ers and Broncos while Tyler Dunne mentioned 49ers and Dolphins.

It's going to be hard to beat out Miami and it seems like Watson is willing to go there so it will be tough to pull this off. Not worried about out bidding Denver. 

Fowler mentioned Miami as well