2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

24 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

not gonna happen donald trump GIF by Election 2016

Aka someone is feeding him BS to use us as leverage to drive up the price for Watson

Or, he's just good old fashioned lying. He was already wrong about Stafford. I think there was another thing he was predicting that he was also wrong about, i can't remember if it was Wentz, Darnold, Cousins etc. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Aka someone is feeding him BS to use us as leverage to drive up the price for Watson

Or, he's just good old fashioned lying. He was already wrong about Stafford. I think there was another thing he was predicting that he was also wrong about, i can't remember if it was Wentz, Darnold, Cousins etc. 

He said we were discussing a Jimmy G for Teddy B swap which was hilarious 

He really just throws crap wherever he can. 

43 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It sounds like the Broncos and 49ers are in the same boat - either Watson or what they currently have.

Pretty much. Allbright and some others have been saying that about Denver for a while, and the minute the reports were that we were "lukewarm" on Stafford, that became clear for us, I think. I think the team that's going to be most aggressive is Carolina, followed by Chicago / Washington. 

I feel like the Colts are weirdly ambivalent to their situation so far...which is odd. 

24 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole Stafford situation started out as legit, but then went off the rails when the sources dried up after the Senior Bowl.

The people who were tweeting about the Stafford news while at the Senior Bowl were getting their info from people at the Senior Bowl because the news was hot and heavy. But when everyone left the Senior Bowl, it seemed those people no longer had their finger on the pulse, so they didn't know that it never got past conversations between the two GMs. 

It seems the info they got at the Senior Bowl was correct, but they embellished the info and made it seem more certain than it turned out to be. 

Not to beat a dead horse here, I just wanted to make sure I understood the timeline of events correctly.

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole Stafford situation started out as legit, but then went off the rails when the sources dried up after the Senior Bowl.

The people who were tweeting about the Stafford news while at the Senior Bowl were getting their info from people at the Senior Bowl because the news was hot and heavy. But when everyone left the Senior Bowl, it seemed those people no longer had their finger on the pulse, so they didn't know that it never got past conversations between the two GMs. 

It seems the info they got at the Senior Bowl was correct, but they embellished the info and made it seem more certain than it turned out to be. 

Not to beat a dead horse here, I just wanted to make sure I understood the timeline of events correctly.

Didn't Maiocco say that we made a call on Stafford but not a firm offer? And when the Lions called and told us about the Rams offer, we declined to match and/or beat it? I don't think it was serious. Sounds like more of an exploratory call.

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Didn't Maiocco say that we made a call on Stafford but not a firm offer? And when the Lions called and told us about the Rams offer, we declined to match and/or beat it? I don't think it was serious. Sounds like more of an exploratory call.

Breer did. Apparently we called, were lukewarm...by the time it wound its way back to us, price was too high and we were out. 

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I believe it. Carolina is going ALL in getting their QB this year. They had the best package for Stafford IMO, at least in terms of draft compensation. Now, Watson may not want to go there but if he is fine going there, then Carolina is going to make it hell for any other team in the Watson sweepstakes. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I believe it. Carolina is going ALL in getting their QB this year. They had the best package for Stafford IMO, at least in terms of draft compensation. Now, Watson may not want to go there but if he is fine going there, then Carolina is going to make it hell for any other team in the Watson sweepstakes. 

3 1sts and CMC for Watson. What package would we put together to beat that? Yikes.

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

3 1sts and CMC for Watson. What package would we put together to beat that? Yikes.

I mean 3 1sts and Bosa beats that lol.

But who is to say they won't go 3 1st, CMC and Burns?

I'd go with 2 1sts, 2022 2nd and Bosa. I think that would get it done or be at the cusp of getting the deal done.