2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

22 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Hmmmm....I like the Jags. Hope this experiment doesn't further run them into the ground. Meyer has proven himself multiple times in the college ranks, but if his health got bad in college, what's it gonna do in the pros?! Pretty certain there's more stress in the NFL--just ask Nick Saban!!!!!!!!!! Ugh. 😱

18 hours ago, Forge said:

It does if he wants to run the ball

I'm more referring to stuff like this 

Let’s start with Saturday, a game in which the Seahawks offense got comprehensively whooped by the Rams defense in the 30-20 Wild Card loss. That primarily falls on Schottenheimer. But you surely remember that crucial 4th-and-1 situation in the fourth quarter with Seattle trailing by 10 points. After Damien Lewis' injury on third down, the Seahawks had roughly two-and-a-half minutes in real time to come up with a play call.

And yet, Wilson and the offense broke the huddle with about five seconds left on the play clock and ultimately were penalized for a back-breaking false start. We then learned on Monday that the root of that penalty was because Pete Carroll was “fighting the (play) call a bit,” he shared on 710 ESPN Seattle.

That means, with the season on the line, in a moment where Schottenheimer was tasked with picking the singular play he felt gave Seattle the best chance to convert, Carroll stepped into the kitchen and vetoed.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/seahawks/why-seahawks-need-new-oc-insignificant-if-pete-carroll-remains-micromanager

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interesting, but don't think the Chargers hire him. Would be a great landing spot for him. Imagine what he would do with that defense.........If they resemble even decent injury luck. 

This would be fantastic opportunity for Saleh. That team is built to win now and I have no doubt he'd get it done. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

You just have to have an OC that will stand up. 

Someone like this guy 

I love that video. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kyle was going to run it and just passed it as an F U to Pettine. He did not seem to enjoy his time in Cleveland lol. 

• Like 1

While it would suck to lose McDaniel & LaFleur, the offense is still Shanny's and i feel confident in him in both executing it well & hiring/promoting competent replacements.

And it would also suck to lose Saleh & Mayhew, but again, i'm confident in Ryans as DC, as well Lynch & Peters drafting/signing well, and replacing Mayhew. Of course, getting those picks is a bonus. 

Just hope the 4 above (if that) are the extent of it. I really want to keep Kocurek as DL coach. Tony Oden has impressed me as DB's coach as well.

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

While it would suck to lose McDaniel & LaFleur, the offense is still Shanny's and i feel confident in him in both executing it well & hiring/promoting competent replacements.

And it would also suck to lose Saleh & Mayhew, but again, i'm confident in Ryans as DC, as well Lynch & Peters drafting/signing well, and replacing Mayhew. Of course, getting those picks is a bonus. 

Just hope the 4 above (if that) are the extent of it. I really want to keep Kocurek as DL coach. Tony Oden has impressed me as DB's coach. 

This is exactly how I feel. I feel like we installed the structure and culture to replace the guys we lose. I think it's a good thing we've had all our coaches, for the most part, for 4 years. We changed DB coaches along the way, for the better, but for the rest of the staff, aside from losing Scangarello, we have had great stability, and I'm sure the coaches working under the main guys we're losing just know what to do. I think we could perhaps hire Scangarello back either to be our new passing game coordinator, or in his old position, and promote the QB coach to passing game coordinator. Whoever we assign the task of running the passing or running game, they'll all work with Kyle closely, and we have coaches like Welker and Turner who've been here for a while (maybe they could be looking at promotions also) who know the structure and culture of the team, so I'm not too afraid about continuity. And on defense, I'd be more concerned if we had an inexperienced defense, but I feel like we have more established players now, like Bosa, Ward, Warner and Greenlaw, who will make new additions to the coaching staff easier. I do hope we keep Kocurek, because he seemed to make such a difference when he came on. And the DB coach too. Especially if we have a bigger turnaround in the secondary in term of players this year. You need to have continuity on at least one side of the coin. If you lose players, keep the coaches. If you lose the coaches, keep the players. That helps tremendously.

4 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Is there anyway we can possibly promote Peters the way we spoke and put Lynch in the VP position or something else? Or could that tweet be of an substance to the York’s? It doesn’t help that he just got extended too...He’s always a GM candidate every year, but luckily we are able to hold onto him. The last report that someone mentioned where Peters is the heavy lifter and Lynch is more about socializing (gossiping) with others makes me a little nervous that if he were to move on we would be screwed!