2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

I know it sounds ridiculous, But I don't think it's insane to think that Bosa, 12 and a second next year is a good haul for Watson. I know it might not match with the "demand" of someone like Watson, but I wouldn't trade Bosa for 2 first round picks, maybe 3..Bosa is pretty easily the best player that the Texans could get for Watson, especially considering his contract.  Bosa is also coming off the injury so his value is low, but when he was healthy, he was literally a top 5 DE as a rookie. Outside of QB, DE is the most important position in the league and I would say there's even a tier between DE and every other position on defense. 

But I kind of agree with @J-ALL-DAY If we lost Warner, I think it would be felt throughout the whole defense. I think Bosa is better and more important...but Warner is literally the best LBer in the game and those guys at their peak are really only surpassed by elite Edges and REAL shutdown corners, especially someone like Warner in our current NFL. 

I'm really just at the point of wanting us to tradeup for Wilson if Fields goes 2, otherwise, holdout a year and see what happens. I'm ready for a bit of a soft rebuild. Clear the ugly contracts, get the studs paid and eventually move on from Jimmy G. 

We shall see if his injury lowers his value but I bet if he was on the market, teams would still throw two first rounders at him. So that's his value. Bosa, 2021 1st and 2022 2nd is still a strong offer. I think Texans probably want a bit more than that though.

The game has completely changed and Warner is a weapon in coverage. That cannot be stated enough. LIS earlier, if Warner didn't play this season and Bosa did? Highly doubt the defense is all that much better to be honest. Bosa is great but Warner is as well and he does things no other LB can do.

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

This is honestly another issue with Jimmy, He's proved to be so unreliable, we need to spend money on an actual backup QB that's good, that is if we want to compete. good backup QB's aren't cheap either. Just another reason to move on from the guy and go get a rookie QB. 

But this is why whatever results we get next season are all on Shanny/Lynch. NO EXCUSES even if Jimmy gets hurt in week 1 or 2 again. You knew what you were getting yourself into. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But this is why whatever results we get next season are all on Shanny/Lynch. NO EXCUSES even if Jimmy gets hurt in week 1 or 2 again. You knew what you were getting yourself into. 

Yup. I know it's not really a make or break season for either of them. When you get to a SB two years removed from a complete teardown, you deserve a lot of credit. But they have enough data now to where there's really no excuses for not having the right contingency plans in place. If they come out and have another bad season, I think some hard conversations are going to be had. It just sucks because you are as good as your record says..but damn..the 49ers legit overachieved this past year looking at the sheer amount of injures and still ended up where they did.  I just really, really hope we don't make the same mistakes again. Stop paying injury prone players, stop paying positions that are easy to plug and play at and stop doing BOTH of those things at the same time. 

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

What you guys think of signing Marlon Mack to a 1 year deal? He is coming off of a achilles injury not sure if we should be the ones signing another injured player but if he's cheap I wouldnt mind.

We shouldn't be paying anyone at RB. Between Mostert, Wilson and Hasty, we should be fine at the position. I wouldn't mind drafting someone with some receiving upside like Demetric Felton, but I do not want to pay any RB's. 

• Like 1

I'm curious what our strategy is going to be. Do we go all in on a QB, whether thats Watson in trade, Prescott in FA, or Fields/Wilson/Lance in the draft? If so, that likely means at least one of our other top needs (pass rush, secondary, OL) won't get solved. However, QB is the biggest need and a good one will hide the flaws a bit. 

Or do we bolster the team around Jimmy with those aforementioned top needs, and just shore up our QB depth with one of the high end backups available in FA (Winston, Fitz, Dalton) and/or a developmental rookie like a Davis Mills. 

Will be interesting to see. Still 2.5 months to see how this all plays out until the draft is over

23 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

What you guys think of signing Marlon Mack to a 1 year deal? He is coming off of a achilles injury not sure if we should be the ones signing another injured player but if he's cheap I wouldnt mind.

I actually thought of him yesterday and I think it's likely he goes back to Indy on a single year min type deal. I wouldn't hate it; I expect that we will sign some rando at running back, but also not necessary either. 

31 minutes ago, John232 said:

We shouldn't be paying anyone at RB. Between Mostert, Wilson and Hasty, we should be fine at the position. I wouldn't mind drafting someone with some receiving upside like Demetric Felton, but I do not want to pay any RB's. 

I agree, but I feel like we are bringing in someone as a free agent. I feel like Kyle would have loved to bring in a guy like Burkhead had he not torn his ACL, but I Think we will bring in some vet min type. As much as I like the running backs we have, there are also a lot of injuries in that group. Mostert has finished 3 of the last 4 seasons on IR, basically. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

No because I don't want anyone taking Khalil Herbert's spot on the roster when we draft him in the 5th or 6th round.

55 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I will pass on an oft injured RB coming off an achilles 

54 minutes ago, John232 said:

With the late round picks we have this year, we should be able to draft someone. I will up the ante and say that we NEED to add a RB this year

I really liked what I saw from Hasty, but I am worried that he may just be too small to be anything other than a spot rotational player, and may find himself on the PS again this year

Mostert has never handled the load of a 16 game season as a starter and has been injured 2/3 years 

I love JWjr, but he hasnt handled a full work load either

I think we need 1-2 more runners this year. I am fine with one of them being a vet on the min

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

@ForgeYou mentioned extending Tomlinson can help but anyone else? Would it make sense to extend Mostert? Can you do anything with Ward to lower his cap for next year or they won't want to do that since they can get off his deal next season with little cap hit? Not that they will do that, but gives them an opportunity to do so.