2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/2/18/22289364/schefter-predicts-jimmy-garoppolo-will-be-the-49ers-starter-in-2021

FWIW Schefter predicts Watson to the Panthers

Also predicts Mariota to the Pats, Darnold to the Bears, Wilson to the Jets, Fields to the Texans

And the Niners....Jimmy G

If we're in a scenario where the top 3 are gone and Lance is available at 12...i pull the trigger, even if i have to sit him for a year. 

This team is really good with picks from the 3rd round onwards; we've found a lot of depth, solid starters, and even elite players in that range (Warner, Kittle). I have faith we can boost our depth and find some good pieces. But its incredibly hard to find good QB's outside the 1st round. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

Man, I look at this trade and I have a hard time believing Jimmy G couldn't net a mid second. Like. I get Wentz has the "upside" factor and the athleticism, but he was straight up TRASH last year. Jimmy G was just injured...Jimmy G has the better contract, is arguably more reliable player and teams could get out of his deal sooner if they wanted too. 

Jimmy G to the Pats makes so much sense if we end up going QB in the first. 

I wouldn't say he has the better contract (kind of a wash...depends on what you want to put emphasis on. Wentz is cheaper but has guarantees and has 2 more years under contract) and I definitely wouldn't consider him more reliable at this point. He's gotten seriously hurt 8 times in 32 starts. Thats kind of rough. 

I think he has value, I think it'll be like a random day 2 pick. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't say he has the better contract (kind of a wash...depends on what you want to put emphasis on. Wentz is cheaper but has guarantees and has 2 more years under contract) and I definitely wouldn't consider him more reliable at this point. He's gotten seriously hurt 8 times in 32 starts. Thats kind of rough. 

I think he has value, I think it'll be like a random day 2 pick. 

I mean, they're both injury prone and Jimmy G I think at least plays within himself more than Wentz. I mean, I'd take Wentz over Jimmy G, but  I think it's pretty close and with Jimmy, there's no smoke about him being a diva etc. But the idea that he has no trade value is just wrong imo. I would be asking for a second, I might be willing to throw back a 5th or something.  But yeah, I also think the Colts overpaid, I don't think it should be a conditional second (turns to first, right?0. That seems like too much for him. But I'm also not sure what those conditions are. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, I thought I was hard on Jimmy. Some of these 9er twitter warriors make me look like a Jimmy stan. Everything is about finding the next guy lol. 

I don't do twitter unless it's on team stream or something, but I imagine twitter is much like Facebook used to be (probably still is). You've been spoiled @Forge with quality football discussion for far too long to wander back into that world!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah, I'm dead set on Jimmy as the 2021 W1 starter with Trey Lance as the backup along with Rosen. 

Probably can't win a SB but we should atleast be one of the seven teams in the playoffs, all things considered.

Yeah I think this might be my preferred outcome. If we did the following, I’d call it a successful offseason:

- Re-sign Trent Williams

- Sign Alex Mack

- Draft Lance at 12

- pick up a 3rd down EDGE rusher

- Build up depth in the secondary through the draft

- draft a slot WR 

there are other, smaller things I want to do, but these are the big things for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I don't do twitter unless it's on team stream or something, but I imagine twitter is much like Facebook used to be (probably still is). You've been spoiled @Forge with quality football discussion for far too long to wander back into that world!

You’re 100% right. Talking 49ers on Twitter or Facebook is like dunking on a 5’ rim. It can be fun for like 5 minutes but then it gets very boring and ultimately unrewarding.

27 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah I think this might be my preferred outcome. If we did the following, I’d call it a successful offseason:

- Re-sign Trent Williams

- Sign Alex Mack

- Draft Lance at 12

- pick up a 3rd down EDGE rusher

- Build up depth in the secondary through the draft

- draft a slot WR 

there are other, smaller things I want to do, but these are the big things for me.

This^^^^

I have said it before, I would like to move back and still possibly draft Lance, i just really want to add another 2nd or 3rd round pick considering the lack of cash we have and the amount of holes we have.

- Re-sign Trent Williams - A+

- Sign Alex Mack - A+

- Draft Lance at 12 - B+

- pick up a 3rd down EDGE rusher - Veteran or round 1-3 draft pick

- Build up depth in the secondary through the draft - A+ (would still like Verrett back)

- draft a slot WR - would like this in the early rounds, but only if we got that extra pick from moving back

I would like us to draft IOL early as well, but I know we have only so many picks 

It would be amazing what signing back T. Williams would do for our team for the long haul, especially is McGincey can improve and we extend Tomlinson. That with the addition of Mack would really help our line.......just gotta figure out that other Guard spot, they are not currently on the roster in my eyes. Either bargain FA or early draft pick

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

This^^^^

I have said it before, I would like to move back and still possibly draft Lance, i just really want to add another 2nd or 3rd round pick considering the lack of cash we have and the amount of holes we have.

- Re-sign Trent Williams - A+

- Sign Alex Mack - A+

- Draft Lance at 12 - B+

- pick up a 3rd down EDGE rusher - Veteran or round 1-3 draft pick

- Build up depth in the secondary through the draft - A+ (would still like Verrett back)

- draft a slot WR - would like this in the early rounds, but only if we got that extra pick from moving back

I would like us to draft IOL early as well, but I know we have only so many picks 

It would be amazing what signing back T. Williams would do for our team for the long haul, especially is McGincey can improve and we extend Tomlinson. That with the addition of Mack would really help our line.......just gotta figure out that other Guard spot, they are not currently on the roster in my eyes. Either bargain FA or early draft pick

Verrett is a priority for me as well. I forgot him in my list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

I like Twitter for limiting me to 280 characters, but 49ers Twitter is a joyless hellscape of giant egos and wrong opinions. 

• Like 2

Don't know nuthin about Twitter....don't want to know. I don't do social meda at all. If I feel like talking Niner football I come here. Occasionally I'll stop by the 49ers Faithful boards. Or I'll drop by various team's message boards to talk football in general and get a non-Niner perspective on things. 

• Like 2