2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/22/deshaun-watson-trade-texans-nfl-fmia-peter-king/

Peter King Proposal: Seven-for-1. Garoppolo, linebacker Fred Warner (that really hurts), tackle Mike McGlinchey, first-round picks in 2021 (12th overall) and 2022, plus a second-round pick in 2021 and third-round pick in 2022 for Watson. It’s a lot for the Niners to pay; of all the players in all the deals I’m proposing, Warner would be the most coveted one in my book. But he’s here because he is entering the final year of his rookie contract and would want a new deal. (McGlinchey is in exact same position, too.) Houston could view them as cornerstones for the rebuild.

Peter King did a bunch of proposals for teams making offers for Watson, similar to what he did with Stafford a month ago. He does it for the Panthers, Jets, etc so its not just us. 

For the Niners, the TL;DR is he would have us offer a 2021 1st & 2nd as well as a 2022 1st & 3rd along with Jimmy G, McGlinchey, & Warner

I'm totally ok with this deal. The picks, Jimmy, & McGlinchey are an easy yes. Losing Warner would suck, but if we got Watson, we may not be able to afford both Warner & Bosa anyway. I love both but if i had to choose, i keep Bosa. 

We'll see what happens though. As King says in the article, currently the Texans are steadfast in not trading Watson. They're not even returning calls related to offers for Watson at the moment.

There's also a crazy 3 team scenario with the Vikings & Texans that has us giving up a 1 & Jimmy G and getting Cousins in return. I think Cousins is better than Jimmy but not by much really. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Forge said:

I think Carolina gets him. I just think they are going to go hard there

Depends on what the Texans are looking for. If they feel like Fields/Wilson are franchise caliber QBs, then they will want the Jets package. Lose Watson and are able to get his replacement in the same offseason. That's a major win right there. 

46 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Depends on what the Texans are looking for. If they feel like Fields/Wilson are franchise caliber QBs, then they will want the Jets package. Lose Watson and are able to get his replacement in the same offseason. That's a major win right there. 

Assuming he'd be willing to wave his NTC. From what I understand, he wasn't very psyched about the prospect of going to the Jets. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Assuming he'd be willing to wave his NTC. From what I understand, he wasn't very psyched about the prospect of going to the Jets. 

I don't buy that. He will go to NY if he has to. That's the perfect type of market for him if he's able to win there and he is fond of Saleh. 

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't buy that. He will go to NY if he has to. That's the perfect type of market for him if he's able to win there and he is fond of Saleh. 

Kind of a big if given the dysfunctional state of that organization in the recent past, the current state of the roster and the assets that would be needed to be used to acquire him. 

All he has to do is sit out past the draft. Once that happens, its a whole new ball game 

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I think Carolina gets him. I just think they are going to go hard there

I agree that they will go all in on Watson. The problem I'm seeing is that if the reports are accurate that if the Texans trade Watson, they want the #2 QB in the class. I'm not sure they get the #2 QB at pick #8. 

So either they use #8 as a launching point to get to #2, a bizarre 3-team trade happens, or they don't do a deal with the Panthers. 

March is going to be a very fascinating month. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If Jimmy put in a trade request, I certainly can't blame him lol. Doesn't seem like that is the case though. But i love twitter when the cryptic conspiracy theory tweets hit from reputable sources like MM. So much fun on twitter. 

Lol, Cowherd took a comment from Maiocco and turned it into report when all he said was he's not turning down a trade to earn 26M next season. Maiocco was implying Jimmy wouldn't get that anywhere else on the free agent market and he's right. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol, Cowherd took a comment from Maiocco and turned it into report when all he said was he's not turning down a trade to earn 26M next season. Maiocco was implying Jimmy wouldn't get that anywhere else on the free agent market and he's right. 

Did you hear him call him "Mike" Maiocco? LOL

32 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I agree that they will go all in on Watson. The problem I'm seeing is that if the reports are accurate that if the Texans trade Watson, they want the #2 QB in the class. I'm not sure they get the #2 QB at pick #8. 

So either they use #8 as a launching point to get to #2, a bizarre 3-team trade happens, or they don't do a deal with the Panthers. 

They can do a draft day trade

33 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

That report came from McClain, so take that with a grain of salt. Secondarily, Houston doesn't have a ton of options here because of the NTC. They are going to have to work with Watson (and he will have to work with them) to find the best path if a divorce is actually going to happen.  Houston also doesn't have to make any trade this year and can let him sit the entire year. He's probably not losing any value in that. So it really just depends on how they want to play it. Watson only has to hold out until the draft to really turn this on it's head. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Did you hear him call him "Mike" Maiocco? LOL

Haha I did. 

Pats also called regarding Jimmy. I think we will be able to flip him to NE if by any chance we end up with Watson or even Fields. Though at that point there wouldn't be much point in moving on from Jimmy as free agency would be done at that point.