2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

I just don't get the love for Darnold. Sure he was a high pick put in a terrible position and is still young, but he did not look good to me when I saw him play. I don't watch a lot of the Jets, but that would not be a move I'd be excited about. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GoLDRuSh47 said:

Any chance we can get Kenny Golladay? Definitely not a need but I would like for Jimmy to have another big target to throw to. 

My Madden dream of drafting Kyle Pitts to run a 22 personnel isn’t going to happen. 😒 

I doubt it, we should be signing a WR to a cheap 1 year deal. Golladay is probably going to get 20+ mil a season. 

12 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

I’m gonna be so mad if this is the one Twitter gets right. 

Honestly, I wonder if we wouldn't be interested in him as a back up to get used to the system. With our current cap situation and the fact that we could very easily lose Trent, jettisoning Jimmy for cap savings isn't that important. Sam counts for 5 million. The only problem is it seems like he is in demand and I don't think that you can give up like a second round pick for a back up. But if it were conditional for next year, or we could give something lower this year, I could kind of see it. Bring him on as a back up, give him a year, then give him like a cheap 2 - year bridge deal. 

Okay I will bite. When have we ever made a trade where it was so out in the open?

-Jimmy G? Nope, happened out of nowhere.

-Trent Williams? Nope, happened out of nowhere.

Are we to really believe that the organization has leaked to everyone that a Darnold trade is coming? I mean it is possible that maybe Darnold's camp or the Jets camp has been leaking all this out but something isn't adding up here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I wonder if we wouldn't be interested in him as a back up to get used to the system. With our current cap situation and the fact that we could very easily lose Trent, jettisoning Jimmy for cap savings isn't that important. Sam counts for 5 million. The only problem is it seems like he is in demand and I don't think that you can give up like a second round pick for a back up. But if it were conditional for next year, or we could give something lower this year, I could kind of see it. Bring him on as a back up, give him a year, then give him like a cheap 2 - year bridge deal. 

I wonder if it could be a conditional second and we throw in maybe a mid round pick or something.  We really really need to have that second rounder be a day 1 contributor, whether it’s corner, edge or oline.

Just now, John232 said:

I wonder if it could be a conditional second and we throw in maybe a mid round pick or something.  We really really need to have that second rounder be a day 1 contributor, whether it’s corner, edge or oline.

Yeah, that's why I can't do a second round pick this year for him. I'm 100% in agreement. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay I will bite. When have we ever made a trade where it was so out in the open?

-Jimmy G? Nope, happened out of nowhere.

-Trent Williams? Nope, happened out of nowhere.

Are we to really believe that the organization has leaked to everyone that a Darnold trade is coming? I mean it is possible that maybe Darnold's camp or the Jets camp has been leaking all this out but something isn't adding up here. 

I don't know where people keep coming up with it. 

I'm not going to lie, it's weirdly fun and hilarious to me. This stuff is like crack. 

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know where people keep coming up with it. 

I'm not going to lie, it's weirdly fun and hilarious to me. This stuff is like crack. 

I think there was one person, I can't remember the name who said we were trading for Trent but it was pretty much during the draft but yeah up until then it was tight lipped.

Even the buckner trade was out of no where.

4 hours ago, GoLDRuSh47 said:

Any chance we can get Kenny Golladay? Definitely not a need but I would like for Jimmy to have another big target to throw to. 

My Madden dream of drafting Kyle Pitts to run a 22 personnel isn’t going to happen. 😒 

No, I can't see it. 

So with teams starting to use voidable years to push the money out further then the contract length. Will it be something we might do with Trent Williams if we re-sign him? I'd assume he ends up around 21-22 million a season. Based on age it'll be probably a 3 year deal. So let's guess 3 years 66 million. 45 is fully guaranteed. We can pay him 22 a season on paper.  Having the voidable year pushing it down the line would be a easier to carry into the future.  

30 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

So with teams starting to use voidable years to push the money out further then the contract length. Will it be something we might do with Trent Williams if we re-sign him? I'd assume he ends up around 21-22 million a season. Based on age it'll be probably a 3 year deal. So let's guess 3 years 66 million. 45 is fully guaranteed. We can pay him 22 a season on paper.  Having the voidable year pushing it down the line would be a easier to carry into the future.  

We do it on almost every deal now, I'm pretty sure.