2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really surprised by how many people want to bring him back. I mean, I like Manny...but at this juncture I think I'd rather have Bourne (price dependent). Dude suits up every game. Manny is 34 years old. No reason to bring him in as a wr4 and his days of being able to play up as a WR2 are probably over. 

I don't hate bringing him in at the right cost, but I don't think the cost will be right. That said, I do think he would improve our position group quite a bit. I'm not a huge Bourne guy and I think he might be better than him, still.. But not so much that we should overpay when Bourne has shown he's an adequate third and a very good 4th receiver. 

31 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

That would be awesome if we could get Trent back at $8 mil this year.

It's easy if you're willing to structure it certain ways. It's just a vet min base+ 35 million signing bonus. The biggest question would be if the team wants to put that much stress in future years and if they want to tie themselves to Trent for no less that 4 (which is fine with me, I think he will still be fine in 4 years)

1 hour ago, Forge said:

John brown released. Too bad he can't stay healthy. He would have been a great guy to add 

Great guy to add if we had a QB who liked to throw deep. 

I know he can obviously do more than just be a deep threat, but if your QB doesn't throw deep, it really hinders his route tree imo 

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Where is that second 3rd rounder coming from. The 5th is Manny Sanders i believe.

Guess it must be Saleh and Mayhew but those rules where really making it seem it would be in three separate years. Guess not. Will be interesting to see if we have one or two next year.

16 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Guess it must be Saleh and Mayhew but those rules where really making it seem it would be in three separate years. Guess not. Will be interesting to see if we have one or two next year.

I was confused as well. Honestly, I think this way makes more sense. It's two separate hires, after all. Like, if you lost both your OC and DC the same year and they were  both minorities, they wouldn't stretch those comp picks out 4 years. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I was confused as well. Honestly, I think this way makes more sense. It's two separate hires, after all. Like, if you lost both your OC and DC the same year and they were  both minorities, they wouldn't stretch those comp picks out 4 years. 

I don't know if those would result in 4 comp picks though. I always thought it had more to with the amount of people getting hired in one offseason and not really the position they get hired for. Mostly confused about the fact it was reported by Pelissero who usually is pretty spot on with those types of reports and his one is the one that said it would result in a pick in three consecutive years pretty clearly.

Just now, Justone2 said:

I don't know if those would result in 4 comp picks though. I always thought it had more to with the amount of people getting hired in one offseason and not really the position they get hired for. Mostly confused about the fact it was reported by Pelissero who usually is pretty spot on with those types of reports and his one is the one that said it would result in a pick in three consecutive years pretty clearly.

You would get 4 in that situation because they are separate hires. It's just about developing the minority candidates. 

The picks that are awarded are just comp picks that ultimately take away picks awarded for the players in FA, so it's just an in and out situation

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Originally thought it would be three 3rds for 3 years, now it looks like two 3rds this year and the extra 3rd next year. I am all for it, we need it this year

Just now, Forge said:

You would get 4 in that situation because they are separate hires. It's just about developing the minority candidates. 

The picks that are awarded are just comp picks that ultimately take away picks awarded for the players in FA, so it's just an in and out situation

I am more talking about how that article laid it out with if a HC and GM gets hired you get three in consecutive years. Might be that that only goes for a situation where both go to the same team. So could be we get two third next year too.