Peyton Barber

RSkinGM

He's been poo-pooed as a bad signing, why is he on the roster?, trash. Well Thanksgiving and all season in my opinion-- He shows why he's here - shows his value.  Plays "teams" well and is an exceptional 3rd down back. You can't discount his talent when you HAVE to have a hard tough yard. Really quick feet to slide laterally and find a crack, put his head down and get that yard! 

He's a coaches player - Blue collar lunch pail guy. I'm really a fan of his . Brings a hardnose work ethic . Guys like him are the backbone of good teams .AND, from a "VALUE " bang for the buck-- This is the best free agent class we've ever had.. Shoot it down if you want -I'm impressed with these guys . 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He's been poo-pooed as a bad signing, why is he on the roster?, trash. Well Thanksgiving and all season in my opinion-- He shows why he's here - shows his value.  Plays "teams" well and is an exceptional 3rd down back. You can't discount his talent when you HAVE to have a hard tough yard. Really quick feet to slide laterally and find a crack, put his head down and get that yard! 

He's a coaches player - Blue collar lunch pail guy. I'm really a fan of his . Brings a hardnose work ethic . Guys like him are the backbone of good teams .AND, from a "VALUE " bang for the buck-- This is the best free agent class we've ever had.. Shoot it down if you want -I'm impressed with these guys . 

giphy.gif

That being said. I'd rather give Gibson the third and short carries. Also, this FA isnt terrible, but the contributions have been noticed. (Also their short comings)

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

giphy.gif

That being said. I'd rather give Gibson the third and short carries. Also, this FA isnt terrible, but the contributions have been noticed. (Also their short comings)

I am happy keeping the extra abuse off Gibson.  Gibson looks like he could be special, no need to over use him.  Look at the Giants.  They drafted Barkley who looked like a weapon you build an offense around, but they drafted him before they had an offense to build.  Now he already has serious wear on the tires.  

If we were to give Gibson more reps, we should be giving him some of McKissic's reps as Gibson is supposed to be a pass catcher more than anything.  But McKissic has been a big contributor too, so it is hard to keep him off the field.  These are problems you like to have.  

• Like 1

I mean, he is what he is, right? 

Dependable, the definition of mediocrity, will get you what’s blocked and not much more, best ability is availability. I don’t know that they had to pay someone $1.5M for that, but the signing does look a lot better now that we know Guice was arrested, Love is still crippled, and Gibson was ready early enough to make Peterson expendable. 

I’ll be more than a little disappointed if they can’t replace him by next season with someone a little younger, cheaper, and more talented. And I’ll be a little upset if they give him important short yardage carries down the stretch with Gibson clearly better on almost every level. But hey, it’s RB3 — go cover some kicks, get a couple carries a game, and be ready in case we get desperate mid-game.

• Like 2

He's 26 years old so he's pretty much in his prime so it made sense why they kept him over AP.  He ran his best last week and he is what he is - a third string running back. I'm not sure people realize but he had some good games in 2018. Some fans are gonna hate Rivera and all his off-season moves no matter what he does, even if they continue to be wrong.

• Like 1

Can’t fix every spot in one offseason. He’s making change and he’s making a impact in his role. So it’s cool he’s been like most our FA’s a welcome addition. We will IMO draft another RB this year maybe in the mold of a Carter from UNC or they could look to add another bigger back. I think ideally this staff wants two bigger backs ala Guice and Gibson. That could have been a seriously special combo with their YPC avg. they both really could have worn teams down. Honestly it’s sad to think about Guice’s career but he could have been special if healthy sharing carries with Gibson.

Kyle seems to value short area quickness and size with his draft picks but all of them have had really good to elite lateral ability. I’m thinking of Guice, Love, Gibson. Love had the best top end speed pre injury but I think all of them had elite burst and lateral agility. If I had to guess Carter, Iowa St’s RB and Etiene all have that skill set. But I think Etiene goes to high for where we’d consider a RB.

I did a mock of course it’s IMO not going to happen come draft time but my first 5 picks were Pitts, Holland, Toney and Jenkins OT OKST, Carter was my 4th round pick. I trade our 2nd for a extra 3rd and those were my top 4. That would seriously retool this offense and give both Gibson and Terry a serious running mate while adding Pitts who IMO is the most dynamic offensive weapon in the draft. I don’t see Jenkins there in the 3rd but for the sake of my mock he was I ran every pick to the podium. In reality I would have selected Jenkins before Toney but Toney was rated 16 spots higher on that site and my picks were 2 picks apart so I took Toney expecting Jenkins to make it 2 more. This draft would be seriously amazing impactful class to match these last few classes and I think would ultimately shape the roster to do whatever necessary to move up for our guy the next year.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, offbyone said:

I am happy keeping the extra abuse off Gibson.  Gibson looks like he could be special, no need to over use him.  Look at the Giants.  They drafted Barkley who looked like a weapon you build an offense around, but they drafted him before they had an offense to build.  Now he already has serious wear on the tires.  

If we were to give Gibson more reps, we should be giving him some of McKissic's reps as Gibson is supposed to be a pass catcher more than anything.  But McKissic has been a big contributor too, so it is hard to keep him off the field.  These are problems you like to have.  

agreed misha collins GIF

On 12/4/2020 at 4:34 PM, e16bball said:

I mean, he is what he is, right? 

Dependable, the definition of mediocrity, will get you what’s blocked and not much more, best ability is availability. I don’t know that they had to pay someone $1.5M for that, but the signing does look a lot better now that we know Guice was arrested, Love is still crippled, and Gibson was ready early enough to make Peterson expendable. 

I’ll be more than a little disappointed if they can’t replace him by next season with someone a little younger, cheaper, and more talented. And I’ll be a little upset if they give him important short yardage carries down the stretch with Gibson clearly better on almost every level. But hey, it’s RB3 — go cover some kicks, get a couple carries a game, and be ready in case we get desperate mid-game.

Will Ferrell Agree GIF

I’ve also been perplexed since I’ve been on this site about some posters getting so worked up over which back of the end of the roster players we keep. Almost every time those last 5 spots are bc those players a reliable special teams guys on top of being serviceable players. Yet, people make a big deal out of them making the roster which, has always been a major head scratcher to me.