Nelson

3rivers

MRI on his knee to take place soon. If he is out for a while, who would you have replace him on the outside? I am thinking Sutton, and keep Hilton for the slot.  This injury to Nelson could be a real issue if one of our other CB's also gets hurt. We have depth at CB, but against some teams it could be a challenge.  Still hoping for the #1 seed, but it won't be a reality if we play like the ravens game

Edited by 3rivers

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

nobody seems to care.  The bills game will be a test with Haden out. Hopefully Nelson is near 100% because if he isn't then the pass rush will really have to step up

Yeah, Layne needs to step up. I figure we’ll see a lot of man defense. I hope so at least. Layne didn’t look fantastic at zone last week. Hilton will have his hands full with Beasley too. The Bills are no joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, Layne needs to step up. I figure we’ll see a lot of man defense. I hope so at least. Layne didn’t look fantastic at zone last week. Hilton will have his hands full with Beasley too. The Bills are no joke.

The Bills are legit, but have some issues on the OL and the defence is just starting to get going. Still, I want to see us run and wear them down then hit a few nice passes here and there

11 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I just don't see Layne as a long term viable candidate in our defense tbh. He looked terrible against Washington. It became crystal clear why he is a last resort off the bench. 

I never noticed, but hope they retain Sutton  or at least try too. Hilton too for the slot, but could be pricey.  I can't go back to watching this team with bad CB play, that went on for a few years too many for me to stomach

the signing of nelson was met with general optimism but not that much fanfare, but seriously, he's got to be the most underrated guy on the roster at this point yeah?

haden's great as well don't get me wrong, but sort of like the pats defense at their peak of recent years a good CB2 is just as crucial as a good CB1, and nelson has been that guy

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

the signing of nelson was met with general optimism but not that much fanfare, but seriously, he's got to be the most underrated guy on the roster at this point yeah?

haden's great as well don't get me wrong, but sort of like the pats defense at their peak of recent years a good CB2 is just as crucial as a good CB1, and nelson has been that guy

agree.

then let us not forget if they didn't sign Nelson and if the Browns never gave us Haden, what would our secondary and defence be like 9_9

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...