The other NFL games week #13

Iron_man

26 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Agreed, if they don't run the table they have a 0% chance.. unfortunately I don't think 10-6 is going to be good enough to get into the playoffs this year anyway. 

They hold enough tiebreakers to make it over the Colts, Ravens, Raiders and Dolphins IF they run the table. 

1 hour ago, Starless said:

They hold enough tiebreakers to make it over the Colts, Ravens, Raiders and Dolphins IF they run the table. 

True, that's a good point!  If they win out they could actually sneak in assuming someone loses a game or two down the stretch. 

Just now, Crimmage said:

True, that's a good point!  If they win out they could actually sneak in assuming someone loses a game or two down the stretch. 

remaining schedules

----------------------------------------

Dolphins: @Chiefs, Patriots, @Raiders, @Bills 

Ravens: Cowboys, @Browns, Jaguars, Giants, @Bengals

Colts: @Raiders, Texans, @Steelers, Jaguars

Browns: Ravens, @Giants, @Jets, Steelers

Raiders: Colts, Chargers, Dolphins, Broncos

Titans: @Jaguars, Lions, @Packers, @Texans

bolded is against teams currently in the playoff hunt.

The Dolphins are likely to fade, just because they still have to play @KC and @BUF and I don't think they have the firepower to stay with either of those teams.

The Ravens would need to run the table just as much as the Pats because they're now 2 games behind the Browns, and lost to the Pats a couple of weeks ago. They're good enough to beat all of their remaining opponents, but also have looked shaky on offense as of late, so I could easily see them having a letdown against the Giants defense as well as the Browns.

The Colts barely held on against the Texans today, but they also still have to get through the Raiders and the Steelers, plus that second Texans game is by no means a gimme.

The Browns did themselves a huge favor today because now they can afford to drop both their remaining division games and still make it at 11-5. They just need to take care of business against the two New York teams.

The Raiders are the Raiders. They're the other most chaotic team in the league besides the Pats. No idea which version will emerge on any given Sunday, but the Pats do hold the tiebreaker against them, so they'll be effectively sunk if they lose again, especially against the Dolphins.

The Titans have a cushion, and I'm not sure what their tiebreakers against the Pats look like, but their hardest remaining game is non-conference, which works in their favor if they don't win the division outright. 

• Like 3

One other intriguing possibility we have to consider is that the Bills go 2-3 the rest of the way. It's certainly a possibility since they still have the Steelers, Dolphins and Pats left to play. If they lose to the Steelers and Dolphins, the week 16 game against the Pats could well be a battle for the division, because if the top 3 teams all finish 10-6 then the Pats would own the tiebreaker by virtue of their divisional record. And if the Pats win that one but the Bills beat Miami in week 17 then the Pats would still make the playoffs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Wow, that's even crazier tbo .. if BB somehow is able to not only take this team to the playoffs.. but win the division.. he absolutely has to win coach of the year. 

No he won't. They'll overlook him like they always do when they vote.  I can here it now, the winner of coach of the year is Cleveland Joe Blow. 

3 minutes ago, Starless said:
On 12/5/2020 at 1:11 AM, Starless said:

Also, I smell an upset brewing for the Steelers. 

Hold your applause, please. 

with the state of the fandom over in Pitt, I am excited for the threads in NFL Gen about how the NFL screwed the Steelers.

• Like 1