- Iowa Hawkeyes Thread -

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Thanks for the invite to the board, @Cheesehawk

I really looking forward to the Cy-Hawk game, as much as any in the past. I'm a fan of all Iowa sports, but when Iowa faces any of them, especially ISU, it's gloves off time.

I don't just want a win, I want to see a beat down, blowout, full on arse kicking! Pick on the corners early and often to run up the score, and then let the stable of RB's carries us the rest of the way.

Of course, I'm not sure what we'll see, but I'd like to see a 38-17 type score.

Will definitely be an interesting matchup. You know Ames will be rockin for their first ever GameDay appearance but they still IA State.. I want to see Ferentz utilize the PA game a little more once we get the ball going on the ground. One of the most impressive parts of Sargents game over the first couple of weeks is his pass protection and I want to see that utilized more to let these talented WRs ball out.  

Hope we just undress these fools on national TV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I'm going to the Middle Tennessee State game and the Penn State game. The MTS game is a gold out and the Hawks are wearing special gold uniforms and the PSU game is the night blackout game. Can't wait. GO HAWKS!!!

Aweosme! Penn State at night at Kinnick is always a great game. I still dont know how to feel about those gold jerseys. Feel like they need some more black in them. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Imagine bringing in Eric Church as the guest picker because Iowa State doesn't have any alumni relevant enough to show up.

Imagine Eric Church using the steel chair on the CyClowns to pick Iowa to win.

Imagine Corso going fully senile and picking dem Clowns to win.

Imagine.

Their top ISU choice was Seneca Wallace. Lmao

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good, but I’ll take it

every cyhawk the clones keep close, they always find a way to blow it. but yeah, always take the W.

way too many FGs tonight. Their defense is tough in the redzone. Time to take the off week, get Jackson healthy, and I think this offense could get rollin

And can we give some love to Keith Duncan. In the dark time of bad kicking across CFB and the NFL, gotta enjoy having a good one in the building.

Edited by Cheesehawk

• 2 weeks later...

Well boys we are 4-0!

Next week at Michigan, what are your predictions for the game? I would love if we can get the W and face an undefeated Penn State under the lights at Kinnick, if that did happen there is a slight chance ESPN College GameDay could be back in the state, but I doubt it with Texas and Oklahoma playing that week along with Florida vs LSU

I think we take care of Michigan 27-20

Michigan leads the all time series 41-15-4 but Iowa has won 5 of the last 6, can we get the win next week?!

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep
  • Like 2

UM is definitely beatable. The pressure is on Harbaugh and his staff with little to no margin for error going forward. That makes me a little apprehensive about the outcome. I believe Iowa can win for sure though. But I’m expecting a well prepared and jacked up Michigan team. 

Loved the balance Iowa showed today, albeit vs a vastly inferior opponent. They will need more of the same next weekend.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

Big game for the Hakws this Saturday and an even bigger one for UM. Pass rush is gonna need to be big in this one. Michigans offense looks putrid and we're gonna have to get after them or they are gonna get off on our secondary. The real stretch starts now. Alaric Jackson should be good to go which will give our offense a nice boost. Ready for this one. 

Iowa 34-23