- Iowa Hawkeyes Thread -

WizardHawk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

No posts in here for over a year? Bad Hawk fans. 

I didn't even know the thread existed! 🥴

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

The coaching staff took some major hits yesterday... RB coach Derrick Foster headed to Chargers and OL coach Tim Polasek, named new OC at Wyoming.

That's a bummer. 

• 6 months later...

Ok Hawkeye fans the season opener with Indiana is just around the corner, what are your expectations for this game and also the whole season? I don’t pay attention to the entire Iowa roster anymore these days like I use to, but I typically (most seasons) feel like if we get to 8-4 in the regular season then it’s a nice/fun year with the feeling we will get a good bowl game like the Outback Bowl. Most of the time those 8-4 years it seems like we have 1-2 games we could have won but had a bad time management situation or poor special teams play against a Northwestern, who have our number for sure.

9+ wins is usually always a really fun year with the excitement of getting to double digit wins with a bowl win….7-5 is just ugh…yuck. That one win makes a big difference

Here’s for a chance to win the Big 10 West and another trip to Indy! Indianapolis is such an underrated city so if Iowa makes the Big 10 Championship or if you ever get the chance make sure to take a trip there. Such a great sports city

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 7:26 AM, candyman93 said:

Something I’ve wondered about Iowa. What’s the defensive scheme you guys run? I feel like Phil Parker has changed over the last 5 years.

He has. Couple years ago they moved away from Cover 2 to a 4-2-5. 

Edited by WizardHawk

• 3 weeks later...

One of the biggest Iowa games of my lifetime this Saturday in Iowa City at 3:00pm CT against Penn State. Kirk has yet to beat James Franklin so hopefully this is time to do it, we have a little extra time to prepare for this game which I don't know how much that really matters but combine that with being at home and our defense bringing it every week I like our chances

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Another season is about to start tomorrow for the Hawks! The few fans in here what are we expecting this season? The O-Line needs to be better as a whole, defense should be good like always, Petras went to the Manning Passing Academy so he should be better at completing those massive 3 yard passes, and a kid from my hometown of Oskaloosa, IA is listed as the starting kicker so that’s cool 

• Like 1