- Iowa Hawkeyes Thread -

WizardHawk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/25/2022 at 7:51 PM, WizardHawk said:

I have no confidence KF will make offensive changes, but after this totally wasted season he should be forced too. Just a complete injustice to land where they did with this D/ST.

Thats what Ive been saying. Even if Brian goes or gets demoted to a positional coach, its still Kirks offense. Wasting the past two years of this defense has been such a disappointment. The fact that Brian is making more money than Phil Parker is one of the most laughable things in college football. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Disgusting on every single level. If they win and proves everyone wrong, great. But every ounce of backlash regarding nepotism and a tarnished legacy is absolutely well deserved as well. 

Some program out there do Phil Parker and LeVar Wood a solid and give them an offer they can’t refuse.

Edited by WizardHawk

On 2/1/2023 at 7:59 PM, WizardHawk said:

Disgusting on every single level. If they win and proves everyone wrong, great. But every ounce of backlash regarding nepotism and a tarnished legacy is absolutely well deserved as well. 

Some program out there do Phil Parker and LeVar Wood a solid and give them an offer they can’t refuse.

It’s amazing how Kirk has fantastic coordinators like Parker and Woods, yet absolutely crapped the bed with his own son.

• 3 weeks later...

Why did Lukas Van Ness not start and come off the field so much.  Can see the quickness and ability, but if Im a scout and GM im asking a few questions that vary from the norm for me for a guy with what appears to be superior ability than the others. 

Started college when he was 19? Held back a year? But is two time All Conference Academic?  Redshirted his freshman year, no play at all?. Played 2 years but wasnt a starter and comes off the field an awful lot. 

The dots aren't directly connecting.. can somebody draw the lines for me?

On 2/28/2023 at 1:16 AM, JustPlainNasty said:

Why did Lukas Van Ness not start and come off the field so much.  Can see the quickness and ability, but if Im a scout and GM im asking a few questions that vary from the norm for me for a guy with what appears to be superior ability than the others. 

Started college when he was 19? Held back a year? But is two time All Conference Academic?  Redshirted his freshman year, no play at all?. Played 2 years but wasnt a starter and comes off the field an awful lot. 

The dots aren't directly connecting.. can somebody draw the lines for me?

The front 7 has just been that deep for the Hawkeyes the past two seasons. Also last seasons defensive front starters included 3 seniors and 1 junior

Iowa defense was loaded and they just had the luxury of being able to rotate in a ton of talented pieces. I would have loved to have seen more of Van Ness on the field though

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 8:30 PM, WizardHawk said:

I don’t even know where to begin. 🤦‍♂️

Its a shame. Kirk is going to destroy his legacy at Iowa over his "uniquely qualified" son who is an "integral part" of the coaching staff... Dont forget Kirk said it himself, "I'll lump him and Phil Parker together.". That statement right there should be enough to convince Parker to walk but he is loyal to Kirk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...