Week 13 GDT: Dallas @ Baltimore - Let the tank continue

D82

I have lost all respect for refs currently in the NFL.. their incompetence is beyond belief..  that last penalty against Dallas just underscores how bad they are.. defense obviously jumps into the neutral zone with no movement preceding it by the offense.. lineman moves they call the penalty against Dallas...  

I sware I would love to be in charge of refs for a Day so I could yell and scream.. 

Tanking aside. This team is trash and culture is worse. I don’t see a way this team can come back next year without some major changes..

injuries have hit this team harder than about anyone, but this is PRO football. And defense looks lost, makes mistake after mistake, and offers really nothing in terms of resistance. They’ve also given up on coaching staff weeks ago ( defense especially so). 

Mike Nolan took a poor defense with some holes ( but bits of talent). And seemingly regressed them. Some growing pains were expected given how much more he was throwing at them. But it’s not something that has slowly gotten better it’s just got worse and worse. 

Not sure if everyone on this staff deserves it ( but most do), but they all need to go. 

3 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Yes he is. It was obvious he was in decline after year 3. 

yeah.  it is really hard to stay healthy when your being teamed up on and crushed regularly behind the line.     

I just can not understand how people who watch this game tonight can come back and complain that Zeke is not running the ball good enough and using the Baltimore running game as evidence to complain about Zeke...    I would hazard a guess that Zeke has close to the same yards after contact as any of the Baltimore runners Jackson included....

1 hour ago, quiller said:

yeah.  it is really hard to stay healthy when your being teamed up on and crushed regularly behind the line.     

I just can not understand how people who watch this game tonight can come back and complain that Zeke is not running the ball good enough and using the Baltimore running game as evidence to complain about Zeke...    I would hazard a guess that Zeke has close to the same yards after contact as any of the Baltimore runners Jackson included....

Was it smart to give Zeke that contract?  No.  Is he the rb he was in his first 2 years? No.  Is he one of the big problems on this team? No.  This team has been riddled with injuries,  especially on the offense.   My only major beef is with bringing in Nolan and trying to switch to a 3-4 with no offseason.   I dont want old school coordinators that believe players need to adapt to their system.   I want a guy that can coach a defense that maximizes the existing talent.  Keep tanking

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Yes he is. It was obvious he was in decline after year 3. 

maybe they have been right this whole time, running backs have a shelf life of 4-5 years. Same reason we never resigned DeMarco. Maybe we see something different next year and I can only hope. Or this may be the start of the decline for Zeke. 

10 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Was it smart to give Zeke that contract?  No.  Is he the rb he was in his first 2 years? No.  Is he one of the big problems on this team? No.  This team has been riddled with injuries,  especially on the offense.   My only major beef is with bringing in Nolan and trying to switch to a 3-4 with no offseason.   I dont want old school coordinators that believe players need to adapt to their system.   I want a guy that can coach a defense that maximizes the existing talent.  Keep tanking

Fumbling Zeke actually may have been our single biggest problem this year after Dak’s injury.

But I agree that, assuming the fumbling issue is fixed, this team doesn’t get better by cutting Zeke. On the flip side, it does get better by cutting Jaylon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m really surprised by the negative attitude many Cowboys fans have right now. Losing right now is good *and* it makes for a more fun draft season.

Not me.  I desperately want us to get to #3.  You pick Sewell or if some club is in love with a QB trade back.  Like you said losing is good and makes for a more fun draft season.

• Like 1