Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

15 hours ago, Rolni said:

I "knew" that after a google search, my question is whether he is a good DC candidate or not?

How successful was he as a DC? How much of this years Rams D is on him? Etc.

His scheme is decent. His results were not great but either was his talent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I feel like this thread has more merit as the season matures. Mariota's play on Thursday reaffirms what I have been saying from the beginning--Gruden's scheme demands a mobile quarterback in order for it it meet its full potential. 

people are forgetting too, chargers weren't ready for MM. they practiced all week for Carr. let's see next couple games first 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I feel like this thread has more merit as the season matures. Mariota's play on Thursday reaffirms what I have been saying from the beginning--Gruden's scheme demands a mobile quarterback in order for it it meet its full potential. 

Mobility is an asset for every QB and system, I don't think that is a question. 

I agree with roi above, let's see how the next few games go.  Hopefully MM plays well enough over this span to have some QB needy team give up a 2nd or 3rd for him this offseason. 

Mariota isn't a bum, but this board is total overreaction In every aspect. 

One horrible game now Mullen is worst CB in NFL.  meanwhile we had backup cbs playing safety. have no pass rush. we need a new system before judging talent we have.

4 hours ago, roi34 said:

people are forgetting too, chargers weren't ready for MM. they practiced all week for Carr. let's see next couple games first 

When he first started having success I started getting hyped up but then seeing how different Mariota plays my next thought was let's wait and see how he does when teams are game planning for him.  Someone like Mariota you have to stop him from running and the Chargers had nothing for that.

I agree the Chargers weren't prepared for Mariota, although he was damn impressive. Let's see how he fairs against the #6 Ranked D in the Dolphins, who will be fully prepared for Mariota. If he shows out in that game, and uses Ruggs the way he is suppose to be used, we may have something here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I agree the Chargers weren't prepared for Mariota, although he was damn impressive. Let's see how he fairs against the #6 Ranked D in the Dolphins, who will be fully prepared for Mariota. If he shows out in that game, and uses Ruggs the way he is suppose to be used, we may have something here.

If Mariota balls out the next two weeks we might have a problem.  I do not know how we can justify carrying a $22 million dollar QB and a $10 million back up.  I do not want to start a trade Carr debate but what do you think the value of each QB is in a trade.  Both should have significant value especially Carr who was a top ten QB this year statistically.  For the right price I would trade either or both but it would have to be a lot.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

If Mariota balls out the next two weeks we might have a problem.  I do not know how we can justify carrying a $22 million dollar QB and a $10 million back up.  I do not want to start a trade Carr debate but what do you think the value of each QB is in a trade.  Both should have significant value especially Carr who was a top ten QB this year statistically.  For the right price I would trade either or both but it would have to be a lot.

Carr would net a Late 1st after this season, but that doesn't mean we'd for sure get his worth, would still need a buyer. As I'm sure many teams are concerned with his down the stretch play, and him being an overall streaky player during the season throughout his career.

Mariota, even if he goes crazy these next two games, I can't see more than a 4th. Maybe a Late 3rd. Wouldn't even be worth it to trade Mariota.

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr would net a Late 1st after this season, but that doesn't mean we'd for sure get his worth, would still need a buyer. As I'm sure many teams are concerned with his down the stretch play, and him being an overall streaky player during the season throughout his career.

Mariota, even if he goes crazy these next two games, I can't see more than a 4th. Maybe a Late 3rd. Wouldn't even be worth it to trade Mariota.

I can't believe this is still a discussion.  You guys will never let it go as you have been proven totally wrong.  Carr was playing at an MVP level, balled out against Mahomes and the Chiefs twice and you guys want to move on from him for MM?  LOL Getting rid of Carr for Mariota for 10 million in savings, then you are also questioning if there would be a buyer for Carr if all they had to give up is a 1st only.  I assure the Bears would do this in a second and go deep into the playoffs.  MM would play like he has proven over the length of his career, like a bum and Mayock would get fired for making a catastrophic mistake.  You guys seriously live in fantasy land.

@BayRaider Did you see that end zone pick for your HOFer Tua?  The NFL stands for "Not for Long" if he keep making idiotic throws like that.  #TankforTua SMH

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I can't believe this is still a discussion.  You guys will never let it go as you have been proven totally wrong.  Carr was playing at an MVP level, balled out against Mahomes and the Chiefs twice and you guys want to move on from him for MM?  LOL Getting rid of Carr for Mariota for 10 million in savings, then you are also questioning if there would be a buyer for Carr if all they had to give up is a 1st only.  I assure the Bears would do this in a second and go deep into the playoffs.  MM would play like he has proven over the length of his career, like a bum and Mayock would get fired for making a catastrophic mistake.  You guys seriously live in fantasy land.

@BayRaider Did you see that end zone pick for your HOFer Tua?  The NFL stands for "Not for Long" if he keep making idiotic throws like that.  #TankforTua SMH

He asked me a question and I answered it...

As for Carr, he has folded in the final third of the season two seasons in a row with bad play. Am I saying I want to get rid of him? No, I'm not saying that at all. But he certainly hasn't earned any kind of extension yet.

And if Mariota balls out against a Top Defense in Miami, and uses Ruggs deep like he is suppose to be used, then it creates a very interesting situation.

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I did not want to start a debate but was interested to see what people think each players value is.  If Mariota shows that he can be successful in this situation and capable at playing at a high level then we have 2 starting QBs.  We would need to get rid of one.  I am not saying who because I like Carr's progression this year and I think Mariota's skill set is a better fit for this offense.  This is a big if though about Mariota maintaining success here.  Carr is playing real good this year but to say he is close to MVP level is laughable.  He has had games that are at a top five level but he has not maintained that through the year.  Like I said he is statistically a top ten QB but I would not put him in the top 5 at his own position.  You could even make an argument that he is not top ten.

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He asked me a question and I answered it...

As for Carr, he has folded in the final third of the season two seasons in a row with bad play. Am I saying I want to get rid of him? No, I'm not saying that at all. But he certainly hasn't earned any kind of extension yet.

And if Mariota balls out against a Top Defense in Miami, and uses Ruggs deep like he is suppose to be used, then it creates a very interesting situation.

"If you have two quarterbacks then you have none."  This is my point.  Gruden wants Carr to play like Mariota or Mariota to play at Carr's level.  If either one happens I can see Gruden going in that direction.

Ngl offense kinda stalled with carr but mm got it rolling again. Need to see him vs Mia. But on a short week off the bench mm played extremely better than I expected. I think we need new blood at qb. That atl game was brutal and derailed our season. If we can get a first for carr it’s a done deal imo. Mm can groom our rookie qb

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You wasn’t saying that “not for long” about the atl game. Double standards