Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

thanks dude, I think 2016 Carr / Raiders were gifted some wins from Mack just being on another level. 

Last 3 years, I think Gruden has shown he wants to be a run first / heavy team. 
If Carr can keep chains moving, and limits turnovers (yes this includes fumbles, he def needs work here), Gruden thinks we will win games. I think Gruden wants to take a couple deep shots a game to back the D up, but really just wants consistency in his run game.

That's always been Gruden. Offense opened up when we traded Gruden to Tampa Bay. Then Gruden shut it down in the Super Bowl with a stellar Defense. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 11:15 AM, bucksavage1 said:

Every media is reporting what? We dont know what's transpiring between teams. Or who is leaking information. For all we know, the Colts could of lowballed us an offer and we turn them down. Seems like every season since Gruden is on board we have shopped Carr

I'd rather give Mariota an opportunity to start rather give Carr an 8th year to add on to his near NFL record losing. Like Seriously after 7 seasons you still believe Carr is magically gonna shift into a winner? 

What's funny is that you mention the League wide interest of Carr but no mention of the league wide interest in Mariota too.

How you feel about that "league wide interest in Mariota" now that it's gonzo dude?🤣🤣🤣🤣 A ten million dollar contract with incentives is too much for them hahahaha. 

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

How you feel about that "league wide interest in Mariota" now that it's gonzo dude?🤣🤣🤣🤣 A ten million dollar contract with incentives is too much for them hahahaha. 

Just like I told the other guy, all sorts of things is flying into the media. Agents, teams and players are playing poker. The media needs something to talk about so people like us can be intrigue into the season. Mariota can still be moved but this sounds like teams want the Raiders to lower their asking price. At this point who knows, Carr and Mariota could get traded if we land Wilson or Watson

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Mariota can still be moved but this sounds like teams want the Raiders to lower their asking price.

Pretty much what i believe is happening on that front. The Raiders will get something for Mariota, no idea what it will be though.

Remember R. wilson has and averages more fumbles that Carr too.  We see Carr on everyday basis so easier for us to criticize. 

Carr needs a Defense, look at all the GM's that commented on Carr. They all say top 10 QB with no defense, better than Phil simms but Phil had a Defense. Everyone saying the same thing except people on here. NFL GM's and the whole fan base says we need a defense, yet still 1/2 blame Carr. 

Carr isn't the issue! he has shown he can beat top Qbs/Teams.. but as some point you need the Defense to control the game and give you some easy scores. Why you think Brady beat GB? 

Facts are facts.  Anyway.  I don't personally want Russell.  He's older and more expensive.  If he can't learn the offense right away then our offense might stay essentially the same level it currently is.  Just my opinion.  I really think long term we wouldn't end up any better off.  Not with all the picks we'd have to trade away to get him.  Maybe a slight upgrade but I'm still more concerned with building our defense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

7 wins against playoff teams in his 7 year career

this year beat KC, browns, NO 

basically beat KC 2 times and who else did? TB? with fast talented Def?

Come on, look at the team, the Defense gave up how many games in last QTR or drives? stop it

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Remember R. wilson has and averages more fumbles that Carr too.  We see Carr on everyday basis so easier for us to criticize. 

Carr needs a Defense, look at all the GM's that commented on Carr. They all say top 10 QB with no defense, better than Phil simms but Phil had a Defense. Everyone saying the same thing except people on here. NFL GM's and the whole fan base says we need a defense, yet still 1/2 blame Carr. 

Carr isn't the issue! he has shown he can beat top Qbs/Teams.. but as some point you need the Defense to control the game and give you some easy scores. Why you think Brady beat GB? 

Carr gets compared to a 1980’s qb is kind of odd to me. The game has changed so much but. It s what it is. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr gets compared to a 1980’s qb is kind of odd to me. The game has changed so much but. It s what it is. 

I hear ya, haha. But with a Defense ranked 30-32 what can u expect? how many bottom 5 defense make playoffs every year? 

45 minutes ago, Jerry said:
Facts are facts.  Anyway.  I don't personally want Russell.  He's older and more expensive.  If he can't learn the offense right away then our offense might stay essentially the same level it currently is.  Just my opinion.  I really think long term we wouldn't end up any better off.  Not with all the picks we'd have to trade away to get him.  Maybe a slight upgrade but I'm still more concerned with building our defense.

I don't think we'd have to trade a lot of picks. Seems like the value is 3 firsts. If Carr is 2 firsts, we lose 1 first. You can overcome that.

1 hour ago, Jerry said: