The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

51 minutes ago, roi34 said:

this year beat KC, browns, NO 

basically beat KC 2 times and who else did? TB? with fast talented Def?

Come on, look at the team, the Defense gave up how many games in last QTR or drives? stop it

People need to look at that KC game in a vacuum. If they play in KC in front of 70K+ fans, that game is a lot different.

They didn't basically "beat them twice" either. The Browns game was an anomaly, high winds and the Browns played without Chubb. 

A clock is right twice a day. It's the performances against the Falcons, Jets, Chargers, Broncos (week 17), etc. that tell you more about who this team is. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

People need to look at that KC game in a vacuum. If they play in KC in front of 70K+ fans, that game is a lot different.

They didn't basically "beat them twice" either. The Browns game was an anomaly, high winds and the Browns played without Chubb. 

A clock is right twice a day. It's the performances against the Falcons, Jets, Chargers, Broncos (week 17), etc. that tell you more about who this team is. 

browns game anomaly, KC different, now who is making excuses? lol. NO game? But Falcons game was awful by Carr 100% but guys have bad games, it does happen. He can't have a few bad games? Guy has to play perfect to win because Defense creates no turn overs, and doesn't stop other team from scoring. So limits chances you can take in games at times as well. 

All I'm saying is lets stop pointing finger at a Guy who had a good year vs the defense who was ranked 30th. 

2nd KC game We drove down scored, defense loses it like 40 secs later.

Edited by roi34

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

What? So the bad games tell you what this team is and the good games are an anomaly. I mean the Chargers with the backup QB tell you more about what? I'd gladly discuss disagreements on this forum but with takes like that, i can only shake my head.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

obviously putting the ball on the ground is bad and needs to be limited, but if we recover it, its similar to Carr throwing a pass that should be picked but dropped. 
Its a bad play, and we got lucky. 

I think what's more concerning about Carr's fumble amount is how often he does despite only being sacked 26 times

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

this year beat KC, browns, NO 

basically beat KC 2 times and who else did? TB? with fast talented Def?

Come on, look at the team, the Defense gave up how many games in last QTR or drives? stop it

In that 1st KC win, the defense shut out KC aside from a garbage time TD in the 2nd half. It was the best overall performance of everyone including Carr, Defense and Ruggs

Browns game was an anomaly due to the wind but again the defense had a great performance stopping the Browns

Saints game Carr and the O played great

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. This team falls flat in the back half of the season. It was almost like we Couldnt recover after that 2nd KC loss

26 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

In that 1st KC win, the defense shut out KC aside from a garbage time TD in the 2nd half. It was the best overall performance of everyone including Carr, Defense and Ruggs

Browns game was an anomaly due to the wind but again the defense had a great performance stopping the Browns

Saints game Carr and the O played great

notice defense plays well we win... hmmm i see a trend here. 

you making my point. Defense plays well in 2nd KC game do we not win? especially 4th QTR

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

What? So the bad games tell you what this team is and the good games are an anomaly. I mean the Chargers with the backup QB tell you more about what? I'd gladly discuss disagreements on this forum but with takes like that, i can only shake my head.

Yes... because the Raiders have proven for decades they are a bad team. And they've continued to show they don't know how to close out games against inferior opponents.

They've had several games in the last decade where they beat a playoff contender.... how many playoffs appearances have they had as a result? How many games have they won post Thanksgiving the last 2 years?

Win the team starts winning meaningful games and making playoffs.... I might care about the 7 meaningless wins against playoff teams on Carrs record.

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

I hear ya, haha. But with a Defense ranked 30-32 what can u expect? how many bottom 5 defense make playoffs every year? 

Phil Simms was lightweight garbage tho imo carr is >>>>> Simms and it’s not even close. Trust me I loved those nyg teams lt was my hero/idol, Dave megget etc Phil wasn’t the reason hell jeff hostler iirc produced the same if not better. Wait didn’t Jeff win that sb game. Wtf

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't think we'd have to trade a lot of picks. Seems like the value is 3 firsts. If Carr is 2 firsts, we lose 1 first. You can overcome that.

I don't think the Seahawks are going to do it anyway.  I read that they would be responsible for paying Wilson guaranteed money for like the next three years.  I don't see them paying him to play for us.

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Lol

Well you need to take into consideration the fact that he still needs to learn the offense.  The fact that he is 32 is another factor.  He isn't going to be able to maintain his mobility deeper into his 30s as well.  Unless we want him to get killed like Gannon.  I mean he might be a substantial upgrade if he came in knowing the offense over a single offseason but I'm not counting on that.  Plus you need to take into consideration the need to build chemistry between him and the players.  Another offseason with no offseason would hinder the team's development on offense.  Just too many variables that I'd be comfortable with.  Plus again, I don't think it's happening.  I think the Seahawks have to pay him a part of his contract the next three years no matter who he's playing for.  I saw it on Twitter somewhere, don't care to go looking for it now.  All this speculation about other QBs coming to our team is just crazy.  I don't see any of these moves happening that list the Raiders as potential suitors.