Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Those type of journeymen QBs only won a handful of times and were quickly replaced even after winning the SB.

After 7 years starting, a change at QB could be necessary to give the team a new identity. We haven't won anything with Carr and every year it is a rotating amount if excuses why he hasn't won. 

Carr isnt THE problem but he is apart of the Problem

I don't think he is a part of the problem.  I think we needed a better run game down the stretch (December) and a better defense the entire season.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't think he is a part of the problem.  I think we needed a better run game down the stretch (December) and a better defense the entire season.

You dont think his 11 fumbles out of 26 sacks is not an issue? 7 years starting in the NFL is an eternity especially not to win. There's QBs who have won more and been replaced quicker than we have with Carr. 

Carr is apart of the losing culture we have had. It is time to go in a different direction

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You dont think his 11 fumbles out of 26 sacks is not an issue? 7 years starting in the NFL is an eternity especially not to win. There's QBs who have won more and been replaced quicker than we have with Carr. 

Carr is apart of the losing culture we have had. It is time to go in a different direction

how many of those 11 are actually 100% on Carr though?
the fact that youre counting the pitch to Richard in the NO game, shows me enough bias in this argument, that ill just stop.

Carr def fumbles a lot when he gets sacked, and it is def an issue of Carr. But even with that Carr is a fringe top 10qb. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

the fact that youre counting the pitch to Richard in the NO game, shows me enough bias in this argument, that ill just stop.

Carr def fumbles a lot when he gets sacked, and it is def an issue of Carr. But even with that Carr is a fringe top 10qb. 

Carr fumbles at the goal line also took him 7 years to fix that lol

he’s not a bad qb just kinda stuck in a brutal afc west and afc. He’ll have better luck in the nfc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Carr has had 4 seasons where he has fumbled 10+ times.

True about Richard but how times those fumbles had led to short fields for the opposing offense to score easily? Nobody seems to give the defense a pass for that

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr fumbles at the goal line also took him 7 years to fix that lol

he’s not a bad qb just kinda stuck in a brutal afc west and afc. He’ll have better luck in the nfc. 

with a better D over the last 7 years theres no doubt in my mind Carr is viewed / regarded higher. 
it is what is, QBs are rated based off wins, and the Raiders have been a dumpster fire Carrs whole Career. 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr has had 4 seasons where he has fumbled 10+ times.

True about Richard but how times those fumbles had led to short fields for the opposing offense to score easily? Nobody seems to give the defense a pass for that

haha yea its a very fair point. but then it at least helps our D yards per game low lol. 
i agree and wish Carr had better ball security when getting sacked. 
but on the list of wants on a qb, there are many other factors i want before that. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

with a better D over the last 7 years theres no doubt in my mind Carr is viewed / regarded higher. 
it is what is, QBs are rated based off wins, and the Raiders have been a dumpster fire Carrs whole Career. 

Meh I think that’s how he got his check last time. The defense gave him chance after chance and he actually cashed in. He needs a defense to help cover up his mistakes. He needs to be in a situation where he’s not going to be depended on to win. He’s not a Batman he’s a robin.

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha yea its a very fair point. but then it at least helps our D yards per game low lol. 
i agree and wish Carr had better ball security when getting sacked. 
but on the list of wants on a qb, there are many other factors i want before that. 

This is what I disagree with cause when you ignore things like “fumbles” saying it’s not a big factor. maybe I’m old school but ball security is the main factor in a qb imo.

Curious what’s the biggest factors you value in a qbs?

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I think that’s how he got his check last time. The defense gave him chance after chance and he actually cashed in. He needs a defense to help cover up his mistakes. He needs to be in a situation where he’s not going to be depended on to win. He’s not a Batman he’s a robin.

haha yea that season our entire team was definitely opportunistic and it paid off for Carr.  
I mean all qbs make mistakes, and if the D doesnt help out a bit, even one mistake can turn into a loss. 
I agree with that, this season we depended on Carr to win, and we got to 8-8.
Carr is not being paid like a Batman, he is on an extremely affordable contract so time to build up the team around him. 

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha yea that season our entire team was definitely opportunistic and it paid off for Carr.  
I mean all qbs make mistakes, and if the D doesnt help out a bit, even one mistake can turn into a loss. 
I agree with that, this season we depended on Carr to win, and we got to 8-8.
Carr is not being paid like a Batman, he is on an extremely affordable contract so time to build up the team around him. 

He’s iirc the highest paid player on our team? If so he’s wearing the Batman costume

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This is what I disagree with cause when you ignore things like “fumbles” saying it’s not a big factor. maybe I’m old school but ball security is the main factor in a qb imo.

Curious what’s the biggest factors you value in a qbs?

hmm def did not mean to imply its not a big factor or that im overlooking them. Just that it doesnt write the whole story for a QB. 

biggest factors for me in a QB;
Smart - Can you read on D presnap? do you understand where the ball should go? can you audible in to / out of certain looks.  - - - > probably cliche but this to me is the number 1 thing I want in my qb. I think Carr is pretty smart, he has been through a number of systems, playcallers and has shown he has the ability to get the right read off.
         - May be related to this or not, but my biggest frustratiion with Carr is if it is 3rd and 4, and you can run for 5 . . . just get the yards. Id argue that is 'Smart' football, but others may see it more as like playmaking? 

Passing Ability - Can you make all the throws? Is my passing game called different because you cannot hit certain routes?
     - - - > Carr has the ability i think to make every throw - why we dont throw more sideline backshoulder passes is beyond me. I also hate Carrs deep ball cause he chucks it a mile high, but ive seen him throw ropes.

Accuracy - understanding ball placement and how to throw a receiver open. 
 - - - > Carr struggles with placements on certain routes. His deep ball towards the sideline, is usually OB, his slants are typically high. However, again, his backshoulder passes are normally pin point. 

Play making ability - do you understand how to work a pocket? 
- - - > Carr really bad here. 

- - - 
Obviously these are pretty generic things, but that would be my starting point I guess?

32 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s iirc the highest paid player on our team? If so he’s wearing the Batman costume

This is a ridiculous argument.  He's the 16th highest paid QB in the league.  Carson Wentz, Jimmy G., Alex Smith and Teddy Bridgewater are all higher paid than him.  Almost every single player below him is still on their rookie contracts.  He is one of the lowest paid starting veteran QBs in the league.  Don't compare him to other players on the team, compare him to other QBs in the league.  If he was getting paid 35M a season then heck yeah he better be wearing the Batman costume.  But right now with the cap he is saving us compared to other teams we should have way more talent throughout the roster.  We just suck at FA and the draft as we all obviously know.