Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We literally were like top 3 in 3rd down conversion.  I don't even understand how 3rd down conversions are being considered a problem.  We were literally one of the best teams to convert in the entire NFL.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

Alright.  We were number 6 out of 32.  My bad.  We really need to fix that!  Oh man, what a huge problem that is.  Wow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

A. Rodgers had back to back losing seasons in 2017 and 2018.  Surprised they didn't try to get rid of him then.  Lol...

Rodgers and Brees are super bowl winning MVP and hall of fame level QBs with accolades for 10+ years. Carr hasn't done anything near their level

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

You're right.  Also, There were teams who held other team's offenses to roughly 21-22 points a game.  We were giving up around 29 points per game.  So there were still good defenses, and ours was definitely not one of them.

5 teams would have ended with a + point differential if their D gave up 478 points like the Raiders. GB, Buf, TB, Ten and NO. 2 out of the 14 playoff teams had a D in the bottom half in scoring (Ten and Cle).

If we traded Derek Carr to the patriots, does anyone doubt BB could have success with him? I truly believe BB could win a superbowl with Derek Carr, then all of a sudden DC is a superbowl winning QB.  
It doesnt change anything about his game / playing style. 
but changes how so many people perceive him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

If we traded Derek Carr to the patriots, does anyone doubt BB could have success with him? I truly believe BB could win a superbowl with Derek Carr, then all of a sudden DC is a superbowl winning QB.  

I have no doubt he could. They just won 7 games with absolutely no passing game.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We had a historically bad defense.  If we even had a middle of the pack defense we would probably be in the playoffs right now.  You're talking about elevating a franchise and how very few QBs can do that and you're absolutely right.  Even Drew Brees when he was putting up 5,000 yards and over 30 TDs a season had losing records.  There are so many QBs that have had stellar seasons (D. Watson literally this year) and still had losing records.  In all honesty if D. Watson can have the season he had and still have a 4-12 record, I bet a pretty penny if you put Mahomes/R. Wilson/A. Rodgers on the Jets this season they would probably have still had a losing record as well.  

We need a defense.  I hope Bradley is the guy to get us back on track.

I've posted in this thread numerous times, even elite QB's have losing records when their opponent scores 30+ points. In our wins this year our opponent scored 23.6 ppg, in our losses they scored 36.1 ppg. We set the franchise record for most yards in a season and scored the 5th most points in franchise history and still only won 8 games. Regardless of who we have at QB we will not be a playoff team until we have at least an average defense. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I don't know how well Carr would do in New England because he has notoriously struggled in cold weather games. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jerry said:

You're right.  Also, There were teams who held other team's offenses to roughly 21-22 points a game.  We were giving up around 29 points per game.  So there were still good defenses, and ours was definitely not one of them.

Difference between #10 def (points allowed) which was kc and #30 def us was a td per game. 

52 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We literally were like top 3 in 3rd down conversion.  I don't even understand how 3rd down conversions are being considered a problem.  We were literally one of the best teams to convert in the entire NFL.

3 n out on our first drives on the game for offense 

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've posted in this thread numerous times, even elite QB's have losing records when their opponent scores 30+ points. In our wins this year our opponent scored 23.6 ppg, in our losses they scored 36.1 ppg. We set the franchise record for most yards in a season and scored the 5th most points in franchise history and still only won 8 games. Regardless of who we have at QB we will not be a playoff team until we have at least an average defense. 

I know.  I agree with you.  We've been in agreement this whole time.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Games are 60 minutes long.  At least it isn't an all game problem.

Excuses but mm takes the field after sitting for almost 2 years takes Carr’s same squad and playbook and makes it happen first drive. And starting the game with a 3 n out usually gives the defense a short field to defend. Again difference between #10 defense and #30 is a td per game 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN